School shooting in Nashville!!

Good thing the kid protecting his home didn't have a flame thrower handy. He would have burned down his house to stop the home invaders.

That said, I'm all for the right to protect yourself and your home. People don't need a high-powered, high-capacity, semi-automatic rifle to do that, though.
People need whatever they choose to protect themselves & their loved ones. It ain't up to you. :giggle:

Doubt away but I seem to remember an instance where two men decided that a black man jogging through their neighbourhood was up to no good and he ended up dead after being shot in the back.
And they were convicted of murder. You forgot that part. Surprised you didn't promote Zimmerman. Of course though, he was attacked. Grabbing at straws gets tiring though, don't it?

So they should have been convicted of murder. I did not forget it. You seem to be overlooking my point about armed civilians thinking they are entitled to act as law enforcement.

Also in my memory is the image of a middle aged couple standing in front of their house armed with nasty looking long guns as a group of protesters walked past. Fortunately on that occasion they did not actually shoot anyone but they were certainly trying to intimidate the protesters.

You may think that they were entitled to do this but I thought it was a very dangerous moment.

And yes, I do believe that they were prosecuted. (???)

Also in my memory is the image of a middle aged couple standing in front of their house armed with nasty looking long guns as a group of protesters walked past. Fortunately on that occasion they did not actually shoot anyone but they were certainly trying to intimidate the protesters.

You may think that they were entitled to do this but I thought it was a very dangerous moment.

The 'protestors' (one of those 'mostly peaceful' protests), had just torn down the iron entrance gate to the housing development - Mark and Patricia McCloskey stood outside their house in order to discourage vandalism & arson.

The 'protestors' (one of those 'mostly peaceful' protests), had just torn down the iron entrance gate to the housing development - Mark and Patricia McCloskey stood outside their house in order to discourage vandalism & arson.
I do understand but I would be less concerned if they were armed with cameras instead of guns. Vandalism is not a capital crime. Self defence needs to be proportionate to the level of threat. That is why shooting someone who is running away from you is a crime.

Of course, in states where concealed carry is permissible no-one can really be sure just how much of a threat anyone they encounter might be to their life.

So three teenagers break in, one with a knife and two with brass knuckles, and you're sure nothing less than an AR-15 would have stopped them? I expect one shot in the air with a handgun would have sent all three running. In the unlikely event that they kept on advancing, the handgun should have done the trick.
And please tell us how a handgun would have done the trick here:

So they should have been convicted of murder. I did not forget it. You seem to be overlooking my point about armed civilians thinking they are entitled to act as law enforcement.

Not overlooking it, you're just trying to pick various incidents and smear them with your pathetic hysteria.
There's a difference between intimidating and defending. The rioters were intimidating.

Yet they weren't trying arrest anyone, just acting a tad reckless.
Yes, they were. But that's again, more straw clutching.

Here, go at it, I'll obviously not change your mind and you'll never see reason.. might as well get some exercise.
ancient-clubwooden-cudgel-truncheon-stone-260nw-1427085599.jpgistockphoto-170650186-612x612.jpg

Last edited:
And please tell us how a handgun would have done the trick here:

Kudos to the store owner !! Glad he was not injured.

He stated that there was indeed a gun [handgun] laying on the counter. He chose to obtain more firepower ... I'm glad he did.

The real shame is ... That he felt he needed any gun at the ready just to operate his store. Just more testimony as to how much America has sunk.

I had been talking to a teenager still in high school before I retired and I think it was after the shooting in Virginia when we were talking about school shootings and he asked me if schools should be doing more to protect the students. Well, the conversation got around to maybe we should outlaw guns. I asked him if he thought that would end the gun violence considering there are already over 400 million guns out there. He said probably not. “It would be like me blaming my pencil for failing a test.” I had to laugh at that, but there is also some truth to it.

I have to confess I am glad the son is through high school and college. The truth is there is no place that is so called safe anymore. We have shootings in church, grocery stores, malls, restaurants, hospitals, concerts, movie theaters. There is not one place that is immune to the horror that occurs. I can only say we must be vigilant, if we see something, hear something we need to say something. We have the responsibility to tell the truth if we think there is a danger to the public.

I had been talking to a teenager still in high school before I retired and I think it was after the shooting in Virginia when we were talking about school shootings and he asked me if schools should be doing more to protect the students. Well, the conversation got around to maybe we should outlaw guns. I asked him if he thought that would end the gun violence considering there are already over 400 million guns out there. He said probably not. “It would be like me blaming my pencil for failing a test.” I had to laugh at that, but there is also some truth to it.
Or blaming forks for obesity. :giggle:

Back