Seniors, Are You Comfortable Being Naked in Front of Others?

I’m not a modest person by nature so I’m comfortable with nudity. While my body isn’t as slim or as firm as it was in my youth, it’s still just a body and bodies come in all shapes and sizes, young and old.

It honestly makes me a bit sad to read how critical some of you are about your own bodies. How judgmental and down on yourselves you are about your weight or wrinkles or sags. Bodies are amazing! Their function and form differs from one person to the next, from one age to to the next, and so what?

What arbitrary set of rules makes a young, firm body more attractive than an older or weightier one? By what standard are we judging the relative attractiveness of one body over another?

The stretch marks on my abdomen from carrying 5 babies are battle scars that I wear proudly. My rounded tummy and no longer firm breasts are evidence of having made it through the rigors of breastfeeding and menopause and all the way to my 67th year, at least so far, and still going strong!!

I am grateful that this body of mine has sustained me and supported me through some very difficult times, and that it’s a bit battle scarred and weary doesn’t lessen in any way my admiration for its persistence and endurance and all that it’s seen me through.

It’s every bit as beautiful to me now as it was when I was modeling bikinis back in the day. It’s just a different kind of beauty, one that I can thoroughly appreciate now that I’m old enough and wise enough to recognize the story behind the skin. 💕

Last edited:
287ee9599c3464385f40c50e931121ff.jpg

I'm comfortable being nude in certain situations. I'm OK being bare ass when getting my workout clothing on, walking to the showers or dropping my towel to get my pants on after showering in the locker.

I've been to naked pool parties a few times and was fine with that but I was in slightly better shape then. When I went to Burning Man one of my favorite things to do at least once was walking to the porta potties with nothing on but my sandals early in the morning. It was somewhat liberating to feel the cool wind on my body.

I'm a bit heavier than I'd like to be these days, but I'm still happy enough with myself that I'd go nude in situations where it was appropriate.

On a serious note, I think most people are uncomfortable with nudity. Maybe that’s why we joke about it like we do. I know for myself, my own level of comfort has little to do with how buff I am. Even when being in the best shape I still wouldn’t wear bikinis and have never worn low cut necklines.
It’s not only uncomfortable but it’s a guaranteed way to be hated by other women. Comfort is my main goal . I’d rather blend in with crowd than stand out.

No one interested or interesting has seen me since my husband died. However, I've been seen more naked since than ever in my life.........medical personnel, from aides to RNs to surgeons. I've been helped to untube while going to the bathroom. I recently told an RN, "when in Hospital, leave your modesty at home." I know how to zone out and pretend I'm somewhere else, and that's what I do.

No one interested or interesting has seen me since my husband died. However, I've been seen more naked since than ever in my life.........medical personnel, from aides to RNs to surgeons. I've been helped to untube while going to the bathroom. I recently told an RN, "when in Hospital, leave your modesty at home." I know how to zone out and pretend I'm somewhere else, and that's what I do.
I’m so sorry.☹️

At 86 years old, is there really a reason why I should want to prance around naked? My outings are somewhat limited during this pandemic. I do go to the grocery store, gas station, pharmacy, doctor's office (sometimes naked in the exam room) and visit relatives.

I'd most likely be arrested at the first three places and I'm not sure that I'd be welcome at the relatives homes with the kids yelling "Look, (great) grampa's here and he's got no clothes on!!!"

I think I'll stick with my old fashioned ways and probably avoid a discomforting sunburn.

There was a time, (please no 'When Moses was a lad quips') when the most sexy, gorgeous girl sauntered up to me, fluttering her eye lashes and saying, "I just love to see a man undressed."
She moved herself right up close to me, I could feel her heart beating against mine, she slowly reached up and removed my jacket, then buggered off like the 'Road Runner' and dropping my jacket as she ran. The bitch knew I kept my toffees in the inside pocket. 😊

There was a time, (please no 'When Moses was a lad quips') when the most sexy, gorgeous girl sauntered up to me, fluttering her eye lashes and saying, "I just love to see a man undressed."
She moved herself right up close to me, I could feel her heart beating against mine, she slowly reached up and removed my jacket, then buggered off like the 'Road Runner' and dropping my jacket as she ran. The bitch knew I kept my toffees in the inside pocket. 😊
As the girl ran off could you hear her hollering with glee... SUCK-ER? 🍭

I'm comfortable being nude in certain situations. I'm OK being bare ass when getting my workout clothing on, walking to the showers or dropping my towel to get my pants on after showering in the locker.

I've been to naked pool parties a few times and was fine with that but I was in slightly better shape then. When I went to Burning Man one of my favorite things to do at least once was walking to the porta potties with nothing on but my sandals early in the morning. It was somewhat liberating to feel the cool wind on my body.

I'm a bit heavier than I'd like to be these days, but I'm still happy enough with myself that I'd go nude in situations where it was appropriate.
Burning Man would be an interesting thread. What was it like?

Back