Seniors, Are You Comfortable Being Naked in Front of Others?

This subject is very personal. I have made a hundred observations and female and male opinions widely differ. I see bodies differently. Every BODY is unique! All body parts are unique if you look carefully not just faces
Men are very focused on bodies especially nude and we notice everything I believe. Of course staring is impolite or rude but it can be viewed as a compliment too by the right person. Sex and or nudity is mental. Beautiful women look even better naked but average looking ones may look better with the right apparel. Heavy people are better with clothes onyet nudist places attract a lot of them
The problem is the weather prohibits nudity and old-fashioned wrong ideas that nudity is dirty and not nice. If you haven't tried it don't knock it

I must have led a sheltered life, I've never visited a nudist camp, beach or anything
similar. Only thing for me once long time ago, was ending up in a hot tub with a few
others who I did not know were naked. I went in with my swimsuit but when we all
stood up to go get a beverage, that was more interesting as it turned out...

Skinny dipping at a private place, with a private other, etc. that was ok~

I am good about nudity for myself, just not my thing to prance about naked
unless a relationship, private times etc. Otherwise, I have no problems with
it. I am modest, but the right time and place, right person and place,
never an issue or problem ..

Last edited:
Before, I was fine with nude swimming or whatever. Not showing off. It's just more comfortable than a wet bathing suit. But I don't live near the ocean now.

With busted veins in my legs, I keep my legs covered year round, in public. I remember seeing some older women in shorts and pedal pushers, and their legs were as bad as mine. I was thinking, "Wow, they're brave!"

Of course, if the situation called for nudity or just lots of skin (e.g., at a swimming pool), I wouldn't worry about people seeing my respective parts.

Getting older is nothing to be ashamed of. But I think people generally don't want to see/smell/hear some things.

Hard to be comfortable with something that seems counter to our upbringing. Not judgmental of others, so long as they don't mind me looking a bit.

I did once stumble accidently on a nude beach, took my suit off to go in the water, but not for long. And been skinny dipping with others a couple of times. Got through it, but not real comfortably. Looking back now I can see I was a bit too worried about it. Not so concerned these days, but the opportunity isn't likely to arise again...

I'm reminded of a conversation with a friend who talked about her former neighbor. This was 16 years ago & I still laugh about it.
She described how he would walk out of his front door totally naked to get his mail or the newspaper. (of course, he's an exhibitionist)
As she put it: "He just casually walks outside, dangling along." :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nope, I don't feel comfortable with that situation at all! However, I did experience others doing it years ago, in Greece. The Europeans liked to do it on the beaches in Greece, and I used to avoid those areas, but one time, I happened to go to a beach that was mixed, and it surprised me, particularly the exposed women. I was on that beach with my 7 year old son, and we were both wearing swimsuits and getting ready to go for a swim, when I saw this older lady, all bony and wrinkled, heading our way. She must have been at least 80. I quickly diverted his attention, shooing him into the water. Inside of me, I remember saying, "The old bag." That's how offended I was. She didn't have to strut her stuff like that. It was painful for me to watch, especially in the daylight where everything is exposed. That's me, though. I am very modest. I know other people have different ideas.

Nope, I don't feel comfortable with that situation at all! However, I did experience others doing it years ago, in Greece. The Europeans liked to do it on the beaches in Greece, and I used to avoid those areas, but one time, I happened to go to a beach that was mixed, and it surprised me, particularly the exposed women. I was on that beach with my 7 year old son, and we were both wearing swimsuits and getting ready to go for a swim, when I saw this older lady, all bony and wrinkled, heading our way. She must have been at least 80. I quickly diverted his attention, shooing him into the water. Inside of me, I remember saying, "The old bag." That's how offended I was. She didn't have to strut her stuff like that. It was painful for me to watch, especially in the daylight where everything is exposed. That's me, though. I am very modest. I know other people have different ideas.
Well, if she was bony, she didn't have much to strut. :ROFLMAO:
Anyone can be too thin, but when someone can hula hoop with a Cheerio.........

I would not be comfortable being nude in public but I wish I were. I think of the judgments we all have about others and wish we could all just accept each other..slim, overweight, pretty, not pretty, clothed, naked ..you get the idea. It is all about what we were taught...some cultures are comfortable with women being topless. Others sexualize breasts to the point of forcing women to cover up. It's all kind of silly, don't you think?... 😃

Hmm. In school I had no problem changing my clothes in gym class. I was a short teenage. I simply climbed into my locker, shut the door, and changed clothes.

Naked in front of husband of 52 years when necessary, like after a surgery and need help in and out of shower. Wear a gown in front of doctors and only completely naked during surgery when I am unconscious and unaware 😂.

If God had wanted us to walk around naked, he would not have invented clothes.

When I lived in Africa, I quickly got used to seeing the native people walking around naked. It just seemed natural and of course, they don't actually need clothes. However, I'm not at all comfortable seeing white people naked. It just doesn't seem right somehow.

When I lived in Africa, I quickly got used to seeing the native people walking around naked. It just seemed natural and of course, they don't actually need clothes. However, I'm not at all comfortable seeing white people naked. It just doesn't seem right somehow.
So I assume you have never sat down, accidentally, on a red ant hill. The native people in Africa may not be able to afford clothes, but they NEED clothes. Everyone needs clothes on those sensitive areas of their bodies that require protection.

I don’t understand why it would be more natural for a native person, in Africa, not to have clothes, but unnatural for a native person in Palm Springs to have clothes. Both climates can be way too hot.

Unless you are referring to skin color, or education level, or level of civilized behavior. In that case, having been to Palm springs, but not Africa, Palm Springs, IMO, can overwhelming go Naked based on all the above criteria. Lots of strange native people in Palm Springs. 😊

I'm happy to look at anyone naked, just so they don't expect the same of me...

As someone who has been involved in fitness and athletics for most of my life I love the human body, men's and women's both. I just need to qualify that and point out I mean physically fit bodies!

I'm probably more muscular and fit than most 62 year olds but when I look at my nakedness in the mirror I think "yuck". No one should see our senior bodies uncovered!

Aside from my husband, what others would I be naked in front of? :unsure:

Even if I should go into a hospital, I'd have on one of those odd "robes" that tie in the back.

Last edited:
NOPE! Not interesting in joining any nudist colonies either. You can keep your "au natural" and I'll keep my clothes on. At -20 C here in Canada, we will soon see who is the smarter of us two.

Last edited:
Back