So you are hot...

90s and humid all week.
giphy.gif
Isn't that from The Godfather 1, when Sonny chases down his brother-in-law Carlo?

We've had a fairly normal start to Summer, but that is about to change. The forecast is calling for our first heat wave, starting the middle of this week, with temps in the upper 90's, and heat indexes well over 100. This recent tropical storm that inundated Louisiana has driven the humidity very high, with only minor rainfall here, so it's going to be very "soupy" for the next week.

Today our temps will drop 5 degrees and we'll continue on a slightly cooler trend for the next 10 days - very low 90s to mid 80s - quite bearable because of our low humidity. A desert climate means the "real feel" temperature virtually always matches the actual temperature.

I was born in Los Angeles in '36, I've lived from Crescent City to San Diego, so when you simply say say CA, it means little. Care to get a little more specific? I promise not to tell....

San Fernando Valley. Cooler today - only around 90.

We've entered our annual July heatwave....hopefully, this week will be the worst for the year. We should hit nearly 100 for the next 4 or 5 days...which, when combined with the Midwest humidity, should drive the heat index to near 110. I got out about 9AM to do some outdoor chores, and 2 hours was about all I could take. This week looks like lots of TV and Internet time.

We had a lovely day in Alexandria today. Fantastic seafood, toured some historic homes and churches (I sat in George Washington's box pew, my humble butt parking itself where Washington, Franklin Roosevelt and even Churchill sat), and walked around. But it was Hotter'n the Hinges of Hell. When I say hot, I mean hot. Brutal hot, and I'm a Floridian. I sweat until I'm not sure I had any liquid left in my body. Then I'd go into some equally-brutally air conditioned building and freeze to death.

Yesterday, we spent a hot (seems to be a theme here) day fruitlessly wandering around Stafford County VA trying to find a tiny little family graveyard that definitely exists (there are pictures of it) but nobody seems to know exactly where it is.

Funny thing, no matter where we go in that part of Virginia, the Spousal Equivalent finds someone who he's distantly related to. Yesterday, it was our waiter. Today, it was one of the docents at Georges's church. A few years ago, I visited a distant cousin in Charlottesville that I had tracked down, and darned if he and the Spousal Equivalent don't have a family connection.

I can't wait to get back to my mountains.

We had a lovely day in Alexandria today. Fantastic seafood, toured some historic homes and churches (I sat in George Washington's box pew, my humble butt parking itself where Washington, Franklin Roosevelt and even Churchill sat), and walked around. But it was Hotter'n the Hinges of Hell. When I say hot, I mean hot. Brutal hot, and I'm a Floridian. I sweat until I'm not sure I had any liquid left in my body. Then I'd go into some equally-brutally air conditioned building and freeze to death.

Yesterday, we spent a hot (seems to be a theme here) day fruitlessly wandering around Stafford County VA trying to find a tiny little family graveyard that definitely exists (there are pictures of it) but nobody seems to know exactly where it is.

Funny thing, no matter where we go in that part of Virginia, the Spousal Equivalent finds someone who he's distantly related to. Yesterday, it was our waiter. Today, it was one of the docents at Georges's church. A few years ago, I visited a distant cousin in Charlottesville that I had tracked down, and darned if he and the Spousal Equivalent don't have a family connection.

I can't wait to get back to my mountains.
Too bad it;s so hot. It must be wonderful otherwise. George Washington's church pew, wow! Got a kick out of your SE being related to so many people!:D

Back