Someone help dress me!

Are you adverse to buying a white shirt thinking that you likely won’t wear it again? I’d go with a pale shirt and plain tie.

Adding: Will you be in the wedding photos?

I agree with MurrMurr! A nice blue shirt and no tie! Just be comfortable!
Aw! What a sweet man you are!

Galady has a good idea too!
Walk into the wedding like you own it.
Have a great time!
I like the mauve that he showed on here. Probly a better choice than salmon. Certainly more interesting than light blue.

I'd go with the mauve, @C50. I still say the tie is optional, but the one you showed is a good one.

If it is a very formal wedding, and you haven't a tux, photo #18 or the suit with a conservative bow tie would be just the ticket. When my daughter in law's cousin got married, it was not only very formal, but the men were asked to wear a tuxedo.
I should amend the photo number. It is 19 I wanted. There is no photo in comment #18.

I'm assuming you don't want to be all dressed up with a suit and tie. I looked up "well dressed men" and these are the looks I like for casual/dressy casual. Of course it's not sweater weather now. Also can't go wrong with a crisp white shirt. My husband looked SO good in his white shirts.
OIP-1.jpg

OIP-3.jpg

OIP.jpg

OIP-2.jpg

If you don’t want to spend too much on a tie, check out the thrift stores. I spotted a few beauties in one a couple of days ago. You might even find a white shirt. My husband donated all but one of his white shirts that he never wore any more. They were still in the cleaner’s bags. I should have said “I donated” them.

I'm afraid, in my case, this one calls for the patented phone call - -

"Cough, cough, - - Sorry, don't think I can make it. I'm not feeling well and don't want to infect others in the wedding party."

I can't even remember the last time that I wore a suit , tie, and dress shoes. Sneakers, shorts, dungarees, and an open neck shirt serve 99 % of my activities.

Back