Sounds. What are your favorites? Most annoying?

Being mostly going deaf all my life and then getting my hearing back; I tend to enjoy most sounds I hear. Best: bird songs in the spring, sound of rain on the pavement, wind in the trees, music, etc. etc. The only annoying sounds are the ones I can't identify right away.

I love so many of the sounds mentioned here: crashing or lapping waves, the total silence after a heavy snowfall, rain on the roof, rolling thunder, trains and their whistles, a big ol' Harley tooling down the street, most music, and the sound of anyone laughing, most particularly the under 8 set. (When I hear laughter I tend to join right in. :D)

Screechy noises bother me.

Favorite...Song birds in spring

Annoying....Screaming Suzuki Sports Bikes etc. the sound runs through your body from your ears and out the bottom of your feet. These are the ones that the rider layout flat and you can only see the top of their head. We had one that would wind it up as he passed our house. I had a bloody picture of a rider who was riding one had lost it, crashed and and hit a guard rail and ripping his nose and chin from his head and killing him. I followed him home one evening with that picture, knocked on his door and showed him the picture and said you need to see this and got in my truck and drove off. He was a punk of a kid was my impression and I suddenly remember when I was 16, we would drop the manifolds on our cars which created a sound that would wake up the dead or sleeping for sure. I never thought of myself as a punk, but I guess I was. I when on to have several wrecks, turned one car on its top, drove in one stock car race until they found out I was only 17, had to be 18 to race. Now people, I am sure now people cuss at me because I drive to slow and as embarrassing as it is I drove over a cement car stop barrier at McDonalds recently. I really don't get to upset about anything and just tell sweetie that we were young once.

I will never ever forget driving home one evening -pulled up at a round a bout ' did not see the massive fire enjine come up behind me and then turned on his alarm' omg it scared me so much and shake badly it was the worse dam noise ever ;
noise I like is ducks in a pond' birds around our feeders ' kids playing

"Hi, Grandma, just calling to say hello...", good music, water sounds such as waterfalls, rippling brooks, crashing waves, etc.

Off-key singing, jet boats on an otherwise quiet lake, souped-up car engines, endlessly barking dogs.

I am certainly no fan of the awful racket coming from a motorcycle up the street. It sounds like the kid who owns it removed the muffler for the sole purpose of torturing the entire neighborhood.

Thought of another annoying one:
That loud "chirping" when smoke detector battery is getting low.
😬 :mad: I immediately replace the battery because I cannot stand that chirp sound.

Mine never start chirping until 3 in the morning and I am never in a mood to mess with batteries at that hour. I pull the unit off the wall and waltz it out to the garage where I put it inside my car. Then after issuing various profanities that would make a drill Sergeant proud, I try to go back to sleep.

Back