czmhVut.jpg

Fo4jshv.jpg

of course there's seasons;

gGnnH85.png

Sorry...reality check;
ho fin.jpg

sometimes different suits are called for;
wCHWGbl.jpg

I like style, form and design but I'm very weird!
These do nothing for me.
There may be something wrong with me! Not into clothes at all! Not into pretense at all!
I'll wear the same levies and three plaid shirts , a couple hoodies and need nothing else!
A pair of winter boots, a pair of summer sandals and I'm set!
Don't even like jewelry!
My men can run around naked.
If there WERE a man, he probably wouldn't even own a suit.
The times I have to dress up, It feels so unnatural!
Oh well!

These do nothing for me.
There may be something wrong with me! Not into clothes at all! Not into pretense at all!
I'll wear the same levies and three plaid shirts , a couple hoodies and need nothing else!
A pair of winter boots, a pair of summer sandals and I'm set!
Don't even like jewelry!
My men can run around naked.
If there WERE a man, he probably wouldn't even own a suit.
The times I have to dress up, It feels so unnatural!
Oh well!
These clothes don't suit my taste either @Gaer . I am a comfy tshirt/jeans/sandals type of gal. The comfier the better. I just found it an interesting thread to post. I enjoyed viewing all of the pics. But, it isn't for me. I dislike feeling restrained with layers upon layers of clothing.

Perhaps in another life, I'd wear these clothes. 😑

These do nothing for me.
There may be something wrong with me! Not into clothes at all!
Something wrong with you? Heaven forbid. You are bright, intelligent, articulate and an altogether cherished member of this forum, that stylish clothes don't turn you on doesn't mean that something is wrong with you. Nothing wrong at all Gaer, anymore than I have some sort of weird deficiency for not having any children. We are all different, amen to that and long be it so.
These clothes don't suit my taste either @Gaer . I am a comfy tshirt/jeans/sandals type of gal. The comfier the better.
The reason, not that we need one, that my wife and I dress as we do, comes from our love of dance. If you have ever seen the dance program, Strictly Come Dancing, I think that it might be titled, "Dancing With The Stars," in your country, you will see how the contestants strut their stuff in their finery. We have been dancing as a couple almost sixty years together. The love of costume has never dimmed, it has also helped that my wife is rather talented with her sewing machine.

My own career has been in the management of the logistics industry and to that end I always wore dark coloured suits, white shirts and the company neck tie. My mode of dress gave gravitas to the rank that I held in the company.

Much as we both enjoy dressing the part, there is no way that we would ever compare our appearance with anyone else, no matter what they wore. I have seen folks, (that's polite) mostly ladies, going round the supermarket in pyjamas. My thoughts stay strictly in my head, judgemental I am not.

Something wrong with you? Heaven forbid. You are bright, intelligent, articulate and an altogether cherished member of this forum, that stylish clothes don't turn you on doesn't mean that something is wrong with you. Nothing wrong at all Gaer, anymore than I have some sort of weird deficiency for not having any children. We are all different, amen to that and long be it so.

The reason, not that we need one, that my wife and I dress as we do, comes from our love of dance. If you have ever seen the dance program, Strictly Come Dancing, I think that it might be titled, "Dancing With The Stars," in your country, you will see how the contestants strut their stuff in their finery. We have been dancing as a couple almost sixty years together. The love of costume has never dimmed, it has also helped that my wife is rather talented with her sewing machine.

My own career has been in the management of the logistics industry and to that end I always wore dark coloured suits, white shirts and the company neck tie. My mode of dress gave gravitas to the rank that I held in the company.

Much as we both enjoy dressing the part, there is no way that we would ever compare our appearance with anyone else, no matter what they wore. I have seen folks, (that's polite) mostly ladies, going round the supermarket in pyjamas. My thoughts stay strictly in my head, judgemental I am not.
Well, THANK YOU! How sweet of you!
I was a ballroom dance instructor in two different studios , and when i married, was thrown into the music business, which was all pretense! This could be a factor of why I give no credence to things I consider of no importance, like clothing, jewelry adornments of the body.

Love and qualities of the soul, the expansion of happiness, knowledge,, spiritual growth; these are the things that matter.
You are most kind!

Back