Suggesting Masking To Go On Indefinitely?

How would you know if you are near an anti-vaxxer? Also, if you are vaccinated, if you catch the virus - according to the Studies.. you should get a mild case. Maybe I am missing something??? Hopefully they will come up with a better vaccine soon. However, something is better than nothing.
I've never given this much thought, but with all the other diseases, I wonder if the vaccines are 100% effective? Or can you just get a mild case of some of those diseases, and probably won't die from them?

Of course, a 100% effective vaccine against Covid would be preferable. But I think we've come amazingly close to that in a very short time. The 95% protection makes sense to me.

I've never given this much thought, but with all the other diseases, I wonder if the vaccines are 100% effective? Or can you just get a mild case of some of those diseases, and probably won't die from them?

Of course, a 100% effective vaccine against Covid would be preferable. But I think we've come amazingly close to that in a very short time. The 95% protection makes sense to me.
Question is... where does the 95% efficacy rate originate, and why is everyone believing/buying into it?

Aside from not believing the vaccines to be 95% effective, I don't even believe the vaccines are effective.

I quite sure that was your reaction.

That's always the plight of being a public figure. I'm sure Dr. Fauci pays no mind to such buffoonish detractors.
Good morning, Nathan. You will recall that the above was your reaction to the following statement I made

I found Fauci's suggesting that masking knocked out the flu (to almost zero) when it didn't stop covid to fall somewhere between "say what" and " isn't that convenient". Fauci has, for better or worse, now become fodder for the cartoonists.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one having such thoughts. Just to balance out your opinion of my reaction, here's the statement of one Dr. Thomas Siler, MD:

The CDC also made influenza deaths magically vanish for this flu season. The CDC created a new category of death from pneumonia, influenza, and COVID-19 to lump those causes together. This only created confusion about COVID-19 deaths -- and please, don’t say that masking and distancing reduced influenza deaths while not reducing COVID-19 deaths. Assuredly, some influenza deaths were lumped into the COVID-19 category this season.

I am not going to give you the source that printed Dr. Siler's statement lest you start trying to impugn that source, as was done with another post. Dr. Siler, not the source, made the statement.

Question is... where does the 95% efficacy rate originate, and why is everyone believing/buying into it?

Aside from not believing the vaccines to be 95% effective, I don't even believe the vaccines are effective.
People believe & buy into what they want to believe. Especially frightened people who believe the statistics they're fed.
If they want to sell something, they have to come up with a number that sounds good - like 95%. They know better than to say "100%" because that wouldn't be believable, but 95%? Hey......we're almost perfect.
In my teens, I worked for a company that sold home burglar alarms. Our training was mainly focused on "Statistics & numbers" & how "Fear Sells." We were trained to give totally fabricated numbers of home burglaries & the "Epidemic of Rampant Crime." It worked with some.

So long as reports continue to sift-in related to side-effects, deaths, even the possibility of the altering of ones genetic makeup account these vaccinations, A, I 100% will not consider being vaccinated, B, I hope mask wearing measures continue to be a mandatory seasonal measure when common cold bugs and viruses are at their height, and C, top figures failed to providing the world with truthful, no-nonsense, absolutely proven data related to this deadly virus at the start, and so account of their incompetence, I'm out.

There is no amount of information now that can, or will ever convince me on getting vaccinated, and common sense tells me there are untold numbers of others just like myself who have been permanently put-off by the conflicting and empty words of top authorities as well.

There are three main key issues related to Covid-19 that I wish would go away, and those three things are as follows.

A. Those who keep saying... "the sooner everyone get's vaccinated, the sooner we can all get back to normal".
B. The misinformation surrounding Covid-19.
C. Those who continue to go to the defense of scientists and top authorities, i.e., "no one knew", "it's a learning experience for all", "we're all learning along the way", "as time goes on we will all learn more about this virus".

The only thing I have learned about this virus and the associated vaccines that were rushed along and into production, is that morals, standards, and scruples were scrubbed from the clipboard to make way for the general populous to be experimented on like a petri dish of guinea pigs.

No one knows a bloody damn thing about the virus or the vaccines (other than the basics and what has surfaced to date), yet everyone is a spokesperson for the big pharmaceutical companies. "The benefits outweigh the risks".

To all those people, buzz off!
VERY, VERY WELL STATED!!!!!

If you have received three doses of the polio vaccine, you would be 99-100% protected. If you receive four doses or any combination of the two types of vaccine, you would be 100% protected. Same methodology was used to determine these efficacy ratings.

You would think that being a pilot for 33 years, I would have gotten illnesses like the flu or worse in the winters. I can remember only two years that I got sick with the seasonal flu. I think that’s a pretty good record. However, the one out of the two years, I really got sick. I don’t know the strain, but it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Good morning, Nathan. You will recall that the above was your reaction to the following statement I made

I found Fauci's suggesting that masking knocked out the flu (to almost zero) when it didn't stop covid to fall somewhere between "say what" and " isn't that convenient". Fauci has, for better or worse, now become fodder for the cartoonists.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one having such thoughts. Just to balance out your opinion of my reaction, here's the statement of one Dr. Thomas Siler, MD:

The CDC also made influenza deaths magically vanish for this flu season. The CDC created a new category of death from pneumonia, influenza, and COVID-19 to lump those causes together. This only created confusion about COVID-19 deaths -- and please, don’t say that masking and distancing reduced influenza deaths while not reducing COVID-19 deaths. Assuredly, some influenza deaths were lumped into the COVID-19 category this season.
What's up with this @JonDouglas, didn't you get enough sleep last night, or just suffering from irregularity?
Was our conclusion of this discussion too peaceful? I'm seeing this post as "beating a dead horse", I would use an emoticon for emphasis, but the forum doesn't have one available. But don't worry, I shall find one.

I am not going to give you the source that printed Dr. Siler's statement lest you start trying to impugn that source, as was done with another post. Dr. Siler, not the source, made the statement.
I don't know who Dr. Siler is and don't rightly care, you go ahead and just protect your source from my excellent ability of source impugning.

What's up with this @JonDouglas, didn't you get enough sleep last night, or just suffering from irregularity?
Was our conclusion of this discussion too peaceful? I'm seeing this post as "beating a dead horse", I would use an emoticon for emphasis, but the forum doesn't have one available. But don't worry, I shall find one.

I don't know who Dr. Siler is and don't rightly care, you go ahead and just protect your source from my excellent ability of source impugning.
If your attacks stop, my replies will stop. Deal?

If your attacks stop, my replies will stop. Deal?
Oh brother,"attacks"...really? You started this thread with a video and a question...I responded NICELY, and kept my responses extra nice throughout the progression of the thread.
It sounds to me as if you are attempting to provoke me, for reasons that are beyond my comprehension.

Since my trips out in public are usually brief, I could wear a mask indefinitely if I had to. It would be a different story though if
I still worked.
That's how I feel too. I'm fully vaccinated and still pull up my mask when close to people, even outdoors. When they first started talking about this novel coronavirus on the news, I went into my drawers and took out two bandanas I had that I never use. I folded them and put rubber bands on them for quick and easy homemade masks for me and my husband. That was before there was talk of any mandates, common sense told me it was wise to start wearing one in public. Being retired during the pandemic made it much easier than those who were still employed.

The CDC has reported that this past winter season saw a record low in reported seasonal flu and colds. It determined that masking is the principle reason for this. As we all know, preventive medicine is best. If it can help prevent these conditions as well as the pandemic, it stands to reason that we should all engage in masking.

Recall the SARS outbreak in the early 2000s. It killed a great many but its spread was arrested by masking. To this day many Asians wear masks throughout the entire year to avoid contagion. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS‑CoV‑2) is the virus that causes Covid-19 which means it never fully went away. Again, the spreading of this disease has been largely arrested by masking. Thus, it makes all the sense in the world to keep wearing masks all year round.

I have had the misfortune of getting strep and pneumonia in summer. A mask will surely help prevent these conditions and avoid seasonal allergies as well. Yup, am gonna keep masking as it prevents illness (and if I may confess, it helps to hide my ugly face).

That's how I feel too. I'm fully vaccinated and still pull up my mask when close to people, even outdoors. When they first started talking about this novel coronavirus on the news, I went into my drawers and took out two bandanas I had that I never use. I folded them and put rubber bands on them for quick and easy homemade masks for me and my husband. That was before there was talk of any mandates, common sense told me it was wise to start wearing one in public. Being retired during the pandemic made it much easier than those who were still employed.

So true! Thankfully, it was a relatively mild winter as well. That really helps.

Back