Suggestions for Spiritual Awakening Audios

Excuses be Gone. Wayne dyer
Arrange whatever pieces come your way.
I am a part of the source. ( lightbulb moment )

Excuses be Gone. Wayne dyer
Arrange whatever pieces come your way.
I am a part of the source. ( lightbulb moment )

I agree with him through the first twelve minutes and the book he mentions Biology of Belief sounds interesting too. Dyer is right that DNA is not the final word about who we will be. We are an organism, not a mechanism. As such and having the capacity to be self aware we can indeed change habits.

I agree with him through the first twelve minutes and the book he mentions Biology of Belief sounds interesting too. Dyer is right that DNA is not the final word about who we will be. We are an organism, not a mechanism. As such and having the capacity to be self aware we can indeed change habits.
That’s exactly what I thought. The ‘Biology of Belief’ sounds most intriguing. I like the reminder that the mind can’t distinguish right from wrong. It just gives you what you think about all day long. Change your thoughts, change your life. I’m taking this sentence very seriously.

Finally today that lightbulb moment came from listening to this. I’m here where I am due to the thoughts that I think from moment to moment and the habits I’ve made because of them.

Proverbs 16:5
A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke. [2] A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence. [3] He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.

The above I definitely have a problem with. At times I’m better off not saying anything. Hearlady gave me a good example of when not to speak and I didn’t listen and wish I had.

I was very interested him discussing the dangers of civilizations overextending themselves to create empires, particularly focusing on the commercial empire of the West. How decision-making for large empires can lead to detrimental one-size-fits-all approaches, controlled by the left hemisphere. He stresses the importance of moral obligations, attention as a moral act, and the role of individuals in unfolding facets of the cosmos.

I was very interested him discussing the dangers of civilizations overextending themselves to create empires, particularly focusing on the commercial empire of the West. How decision-making for large empires can lead to detrimental one-size-fits-all approaches, controlled by the left hemisphere. He stresses the importance of moral obligations, attention as a moral act, and the role of individuals in unfolding facets of the cosmos.

Yes and it was refreshing to get more conversationally sized responses rather than the comprehensive ones. He worked in a couple of his favorite stories along the way but at least didn’t tell you everything about them.

Started listening to this video of a conversation between Iain McGilchrist and someone who is maybe early thirties. Covers a lot of what I take to be best of his thought in a conversational way without the ponderously thorough footnoting. The title could have been off putting to me if I didn't know what motivates it.

I was surprised to hear him explain the reason why many people who have been diagnosed with schizophrenia hear voices. Some people DO hear voices, but that doesn’t mean they are crazy or need to be heavily medicated.

My entire life I’ve read many bits and pieces of people hearing voices or discovering voices and information from sources they aren’t quite sure of . How do any of us know that these voices aren’t real. Maybe these people are intensely intuitive and just don’t know what to do with the world information they are connected to.

I’ve met many people who are intensely intuitive to the point of mild insanity. They don’t know how to handle the over abundance of stimulus they receive and each person they try to talk to about it, tries to have them locked up and drugged to the point of numbness.

That was a long video but exceptionally interesting .

Last edited:
Since you liked the last one here is a much shorter slice of a video of conversation between McGilchrist and someone interested primarily in science fiction. The slice I've taken begins at the 25:27 mark and though I don't know how to cut it down to the 27:15 mark, I think that is enough to give a coherent idea. McGilchrist says something very positive about Christianity while at the same time criticizing the way the left hemisphere dominant concern with doctrine diminishes what is really much richer than what the church throws it authority behind.

Since you liked the last one here is a much shorter slice of a video of conversation between McGilchrist and someone interested primarily in science fiction. The slice I've taken begins at the 25:27 mark and though I don't know how to cut it down to the 27:15 mark, I think that is enough to give a coherent idea. McGilchrist says something very positive about Christianity while at the same time criticizing the way the left hemisphere dominant concern with doctrine diminishes what is really much richer than what the church throws it authority behind.

An interesting question that arises is how does an Ian mind evolve to be able to stay focused on the spiritual? Over the years I too have collected understanding from metaphysics, religion, philosophy, science, politics, and nature. His seems to be raised in a family that was scientific/intellectual. Mine because of my Mother's death. Ian has reached a place where he feels it very important to propagandize the need for a deeper understanding of our world than the paradigm that pervades our world now.

The rise of the modern day prophet. Why is there something instead of nothing? We have experience, what is it for? What is the purpose of existence? All of these questions, when they take hold of a person, lead them on a path of discovery from esoteric sources. Including the metaphysics with physics. Each path that the individual chooses has many similarities, in fact more very important similar discoveries, all with a unique virtue.

These paths inevitably lead to the understanding that there are answers to these queries that thinking and logic have limits. Intuition, sub-conscious, our original face, holistic, awake and spontaneous, etc.

My projects now are interested in living the "spontaneous" in our ordinary world. Which leads to new way of communication. Using our provincial interactions as a place to live this spontaneous understanding. Once we remember our "center" it is time to act in our world. It's true value will not be mirrored by conventional ways. It's value is in living within the living our own life being awake.

I think we are at an place in the evolution of philosophy has lead us to this place. Describing the deeper view, in all the various ways, have come to a place where a very large crowd of inspirational truth speakers is humongous now. I am ready to move past this now. It is time to jump into the matrix, and blend in with millions of language both human and AI.

Have you ever delved into the mind of Ken Wilber. He was my hero for awhile after I read a book of his in the 70's. "The mind's eye".

Here is a short description of Ken. "When I say, “all fields of study,” I mean that literally. Wilber believes that every field of knowledge contains at least one aspect of truth, no matter how small, and that reconciling disparate disciplines is a matter of integrating what’s right about them rather than discounting them for being partially wrong. As Wilber often puts it: “No one is smart enough to be wrong 100% of the time,” and therefore we should focus on what’s right and leave out the rest.

Neurobiology, Jungian archetypes, horticultural societies, hermeneutics, Hegelian dialectics, systems theory, Zen koans, post-structuralism, Vedantan Hinduism, capitalist economic systems, transpersonal states of consciousness, neo-Platonic forms—the list goes on and on—all explained and fit together neatly in one map of reality, what he semi-ironically calls, “A Theory of Everything.” Above all, he manages to explain it all in lucid and brilliant prose. You literally feel yourself getting smarter as you read him."

If not, you might find his inquiry interesting. Ian reminds me of him, that is why I am mentioning him.

Last edited:
An interesting question that arises is how does an Ian mind evolve to be able to stay focused on the spiritual? Over the years I too have collected understanding from metaphysics, religion, philosophy, science, politics, and nature. His seems to be raised in a family that was scientific/intellectual. Mine because of my Mother's death. Ian has reached a place where he feels it very important to propagandize the need for a deeper understanding of our world than the paradigm that pervades our world now.

The rise of the modern day prophet. Why is there something instead of nothing? We have experience, what is it for? What is the purpose of existence? All of these questions, when they take hold of a person, lead them on a path of discovery from esoteric sources. Including the metaphysics with physics. Each path that the individual chooses has many similarities, in fact more very important similar discoveries, all with a unique virtue.

These paths inevitably lead to the understanding that there are answers to these queries that thinking and logic have limits. Intuition, sub-conscious, our original face, holistic, awake and spontaneous, etc.

My projects now are interested in living the "spontaneous" in our ordinary world. Which leads to new way of communication. Using our provincial interactions as a place to live this spontaneous understanding. Once we remember our "center" it is time to act in our world. It's true value will not be mirrored by conventional ways. It's value is in living within the living our own life being awake.

I think we are at an place in the evolution of philosophy has lead us to this place. Describing the deeper view, in all the various ways, have come to a place where a very large crowd of inspirational truth speakers is humongous now. I am ready to move past this now. It is time to jump into the matrix, and blend in with millions of language both human and AI.

Have you ever delved into the mind of Ken Wilber. He was my hero for awhile after I read a book of his in the 70's. "The mind's eye".

Here is a short description of Ken. "When I say, “all fields of study,” I mean that literally. Wilber believes that every field of knowledge contains at least one aspect of truth, no matter how small, and that reconciling disparate disciplines is a matter of integrating what’s right about them rather than discounting them for being partially wrong. As Wilber often puts it: “No one is smart enough to be wrong 100% of the time,” and therefore we should focus on what’s right and leave out the rest.

Neurobiology, Jungian archetypes, horticultural societies, hermeneutics, Hegelian dialectics, systems theory, Zen koans, post-structuralism, Vedantan Hinduism, capitalist economic systems, transpersonal states of consciousness, neo-Platonic forms—the list goes on and on—all explained and fit together neatly in one map of reality, what he semi-ironically calls, “A Theory of Everything.” Above all, he manages to explain it all in lucid and brilliant prose. You literally feel yourself getting smarter as you read him."

If not, you might find his inquiry interesting. Ian reminds me of him, that is why I am mentioning him.

I have come across Wilber before by way of friends' recommendations. But I haven't actually read him myself mostly because I'm just not looking for another big picture map of everything because I don't want maps to predominate in my experience. But I have listened to him in videotaped discussion with others and got some value from that but nothing I've hung on to. I also saw a rather nice color scale chart representing levels of development.

But today I heard something clever regarding AI that might interest you. I signed on to a live zoom between Iain McGilchrist and the Spanish philosopher Jordi Pigem. Pigem insisted that the operation of an AI represents nothing of what "intelligence" refers to in human experience whatsoever (something I feel is true but cannot argue for). He suggested that now that AI is well established and refers to something in particular we might just change what the A and I stand for: Algorithmic Invention. The video will probably become available in about a month.

As they say maps are useful, but they are not the terrain. I also like the very colorful charts. Color and light and dark, are fascinating ways to understand nature.

Lol! Yes, Algorithmic Invention, rather than artificial intelligence is much more realistic. I was reading about the view of AI being just another tool. It is up to us to use it in ways that help us along. I don't like all the myth making about it. The speculation gets crazy, and it does no one any good. The "Jetsons" are great. They're a cartoon.

It feels like our imagination is leading our views on many important issues these days, this just being one of them. AI might be a useful tool to mediate this kind of errant imagination.?

Back