Taliban Government in Afghanistan

Is fighting terrorists who are planning on attacking U.S. citizens our business ? OR would you wait until AFTER they have attacked, and killed thousands more?

Read your history going back to the USA's invasion of Iran back in 1953. Also read up on the support of Israel, intervention in Lebanese civil war, its support of Saudi genocidal tyranny in Yemen, the support of the military junta in Algeria who usurped the government which had been democratically elected, and other instances in which it was always the USA that threw the first shot. All that and I haven't even mentioned the colonialist wars on Iraq and Afghanistan. Ask yourself, how many more times must those innocent people turn the other cheek before the USA stop committing these crimes (which have killed HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of innocent people) against them?

Key American Allies in the Middle East Are the Real Tyrants - Antiwar.com Original

So, are you suggesting that they should lose money ?

There should be absolutely no profit whatsoever in wars as that is corporate welfare. You pay, they profit. Remove all profit and all wars will end. If you still insist on having wars, buy bonds and have special enlistments for those wars only. Force those who want war to fight it themselves. Unconditional guarantee: do all that and the wars will end.

There should be absolutely no profit whatsoever in wars as that is corporate welfare. You pay, they profit. Remove all profit and all wars will end. If you still insist on having wars, buy bonds and have special enlistments for those wars only. Force those who want war to fight it themselves. Unconditional guarantee: do all that and the wars will end.
You want the impossible. Even if were possible, the USA would become nothing more than a slave state to any country which chose to attack us. But, maybe that's exactly what you hope for.

You want the impossible. Even if were possible, the USA would become nothing more than a slave state to any country which chose to attack us. But, maybe that's exactly what you hope for.

Funny that you say while ignoring the fact that it was the USA that invaded Iran in 1953 (unprovoked, of course), intervened in other internecine wars (unprovoked, of course) on the side of repressive governments, and invaded two countries (unprovoked, of course) killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people, stealing their resources, claiming to be the moral guarantors of the world. Just consider, hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis over imaginary WMD. Attack you say? What attack? After all these years we're still waiting for "proof" that these WMD existed in any place other than Bush's imagination [this notwithstanding the Downing Street Memo disclosures].

Afghan women declare loyalty to the Taliban government by waiving that organization's flag and by full veiling. By the way, they are wearing Saudi Arabian clothing (recall that its government is suppressive towards women's rights though it is not subjected to international nor forum criticism):

AD7DA25A-D377-455D-9FD1-E166C07C71F8.jpeg

source: Afghan female students wearing Saudi-style dress, as propagated by the Taliban in Afghanistan (trc-leiden.nl)

Life has again reverted back to pre-war Afghanistan. Women are no longer permitted to show their face in public, along with other pre-war taboos for them. For example, no college, not able to hold certain jobs and public humiliation will continue. Some of the younger women are torn from their families and are forced to wed Taliban soldiers. Others will be used as sex slaves to serve other Taliban soldiers.

Some Al-Qaeda members have since joined the Taliban. There isn’t much difference between the two terrorists organizations, except that Al-Qaeda is more intense with their handing out punishments.

Why the Taliban is favored in Afghanistan over the imperialist USA forces:

How mass killings by US forces after 9/11 boosted support for the Taliban | Afghanistan | The Guardian

Afghans who knew little or nothing about the planes flying into towers in New York, and certainly had no link at all to al-Qaida, were caught up in the war that followed, and that claimed their loved ones year after year.

... “It is very hard for me, I still feel like these things are happening right now,” Wazir told the Guardian, nearly a decade after the almost unimaginable slaughter ripped apart his life. “I am very happy the American forces have finally left Afghanistan, and very grateful to Allah for making this happen. At last I feel safe.”

US officials were apparently unable to recognise that the Taliban had a constituency of support in Afghanistan ... “I was not with the Taliban, my family members were not with the Taliban. But once these things {American atrocities on Afghans} happened most of us joined the Taliban. We didn’t have any other option,” he said. “The Americans killed them, so the only way to manage was to join the Taliban.”

Is it a secret any longer as to why the imperialist and genocidal forces of the USA remain so hated in Afghanistan to this day?

Why the Taliban is favored in Afghanistan over the imperialist USA forces:

How mass killings by US forces after 9/11 boosted support for the Taliban | Afghanistan | The Guardian

Afghans who knew little or nothing about the planes flying into towers in New York, and certainly had no link at all to al-Qaida, were caught up in the war that followed, and that claimed their loved ones year after year.

... “It is very hard for me, I still feel like these things are happening right now,” Wazir told the Guardian, nearly a decade after the almost unimaginable slaughter ripped apart his life. “I am very happy the American forces have finally left Afghanistan, and very grateful to Allah for making this happen. At last I feel safe.”

US officials were apparently unable to recognise that the Taliban had a constituency of support in Afghanistan ... “I was not with the Taliban, my family members were not with the Taliban. But once these things {American atrocities on Afghans} happened most of us joined the Taliban. We didn’t have any other option,” he said. “The Americans killed them, so the only way to manage was to join the Taliban.”

Is it a secret any longer as to why the imperialist and genocidal forces of the USA remain so hated in Afghanistan to this day?
I seriously doubt the extent of truth in this person’s statements. We brought about 60-70,000 Afghans here to the U.S., most not even interpreters or other aides to Americans. The U.S. left behind an unknown number of Americans, but also 30-40,000 interpreters and other aides that were promised removal from Afghanistan.

I seriously doubt the extent of truth in this person’s statements. We brought about 60-70,000 Afghans here to the U.S., most not even interpreters or other aides to Americans. The U.S. left behind an unknown number of Americans, but also 30-40,000 interpreters and other aides that were promised removal from Afghanistan.

The article whose facts you dispute was written by distinguished writer Jonathan Powell. Recall that Tony Blair was the #1 supporter of George Bush's wars of imperialistic terrorism in the Middle East. Powell was Blair's Chief of Staff.

Exactly ! Since there are no open and free elections in Afghanistan, we can never know what the majority prefer. Of one thing we can be certain. Under allied control women/girls had access to schooling and much , much greater access to employment. Thus, women were freer under Allied control.
Moreover, and this is critical, when a man's life is at extreme hazard, and the lives of his family, I would not judge him for waving a Taliban flag, even though he hates them.

The article whose facts you dispute was written by distinguished writer Jonathan Powell. Recall that Tony Blair was the #1 supporter of George Bush's wars of imperialistic terrorism in the Middle East. Powell was Blair's Chief of Staff.
Are you sure you are pro-American? You certainly sound like an American hater.

Those who want war and to create trillion dollar war profits for corporate elitists in the military industrial complex are America haters.

Now, do you have any substantive matter to refute what you read in that article? If not, then I will accept that you have conceded to its truths.

Those who want war and to create trillion dollar war profits for corporate elitists in the military industrial complex are America haters.

Now, do you have any substantive matter to refute what you read in that article? If not, then I will accept that you have conceded to its truths.
That article was published in The Guardian", an extremely biased rag of a so-called newspaper. I would not believe a single thing The Guardian said. If that's where you are getting your information, no wonder you think like you do.
Moreover, since you have never left your country, you are merely regurgitating biased information, with no 1st hand personal experience.

Last edited:
That article was published in The Guardian", an extremely biased rag of a so-called newspaper. I would not believe a single thing The Guardian said. If that's where you are getting your information, no wonder you think like you do.
Moreover, since you have never left your country, you are merely regurgitating biased information, with no 1st hand personal experience.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not to their own set of made up "facts". Jonathan Powell wrote that article and he was chief of staff to Tony Blair who was Bush's # 1 ally in his two imperialistic wars. To say that this man doesn't know what he's talking about is a total absurdity. Instead of continually criticizing him or anyone else try, just try, to present evidence that anything he wrote is incorrect. Obviously you have nothing and that is why you persist in attacking rather than trying to refute. You must understand that attacking is just a concession on your part that you know it is all true, hate what you read, and have no proof whatsoever that it could possibly be incorrect.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not to their own set of made up "facts". Jonathan Powell wrote that article and he was chief of staff to Tony Blair who was Bush's # 1 ally in his two imperialistic wars.
There you go again. "Imperialist wars". Anyone who uses such words about a country that is merely trying protect itself from further terrorism is no friend of democracy.
Since you have never left your own country, may I suggest you move to Afghanistan ? You'd fit right in.

There you go again. "Imperialist wars". Anyone who uses such words about a country that is merely trying protect itself from further terrorism is no friend of democracy.
Since you have never left your own country, may I suggest you move to Afghanistan ? You'd fit right in.

Actually since you hate free speech perhaps that would be a better venue for you. After all, Afghanistan did not attack the USA nor pose a threat at any time. But since you hate the Taliban so much, why not make an example of yourself, march off, and take up arms, and show them what you got. After all, ranting here isn't going to solve anything for you. Best thing for you to do is to take your own advice. Send us a picture postcard when you get there. ;)

Honestly: Do you consider the wars against Iraq had nothing to do with control of oil in Iraq and the area in general? Do you think that the US have spent trillions of dollars "trying to protect themselves"?

I have studied in the US. My second wife is an American citizen. I have visited a number of countries around the world including Saudi Arabia, Israel, Denmark, France, Greece, US, UK, Soviet Union and some others.

I admire and I am thankful to the US for their progress in medicine, technology and a number of other areas.

BUT:
The bitter truth is that the US are trying to police the world and profit from it. Much like the British Empire tried to do when they were still an empire. Much like the Soviet Union tried to do when they were still alive. Much like China is going to do as soon as the US give up the throne.

Does that make me an American hater? I don't think so.

Back