"Talking" With a New Male Friend

I’m sorry to read this Ruthanne. You must be disappointed also.

It was a wise move that you decided to end it, after all, communication is the most important thing between two people. If you don’t communicate well then it’s hard to express yourself and be understood.

Talking about stuff to a significant other should be the easiest thing to do and most women like to talk.
My man actually can out talk me at times 😵

It’s too bad you couldn’t get to know someone here and meet up but then if it didn’t work out it would ruin your favourite online social place.

Here’s a hug for you Ruthanne.
I’m leaving you some goodies too.

View attachment 78321
Thankyou Keesha. I was disappointed at first but am over it now. More fish in the sea.😁

I understand you totally Ruthanne, my husband is a good hard working man, but he hardly talks, and when he does it's all work related. I have to instigate all conversations, and even then I often only get a grunt or a shrug. ... and I really miss someone who can hold a conversation.
Sorry you have to do all the conversation starting HD. It is trying I know. Well at least he's a good guy.😃

I understand you totally Ruthanne, my husband is a good hard working man, but he hardly talks, and when he does it's all work related. I have to instigate all conversations, and even then I often only get a grunt or a shrug. ... and I really miss someone who can hold a conversation.
I’m sorry to read this holly and can relate to you.
My man used to basically work with just men so his way of communicating was somewhat harsh and topics all work related with plenty of sarcasm.
It can become frustrating.

My husband has since gotten a promotion so has been working amongst other women which has made the biggest difference in his personality.
He’s much more receptive to feminine differences which I am so appreciative of. Luckily I’m not the jealous type.

I now ask him as many questions as I can about his new job and try to accept that he isn’t an ideal communicator. It’s seems easier than getting frustrated with him.

You still have us to chat with holly.
If it weren’t for this site , I think I’d be stir crazy 🤪
Or at least worse than I am 😂😅

Sorry to hear it didn't work out Ruthanne. I'm not a big talker and my husband isn't really a chatterbox, but we do talk to each other and have conversations about various things that interest us. If I had just met him and he remained mostly quiet, I'd probably be suspicious and uncomfortable around him. If someone is at all excited about having a new friend (or potential relationship), it would show with some enthusiasm IMO. Hugs for you and your pup. 💙

Sorry it didn't work out for you, Ruthanne.

I was voted "Most Talkative" in my Senior Class. I wanted "Class Flirt," but I was away, being a counselor at a school camp, so I missed campaigning for that. They awarded me a roll of masking tape, at the Senior Luncheon, so I would keep my mouth shut. Needless to say, with Janet being a very chatty, Southern Belle sounding gal (I call her my little Elly May Clampett), there's no problem, in our happy home, when it comes to communicating

Sorry to hear it didn't work out Ruthanne. I'm not a big talker and my husband isn't really a chatterbox, but we do talk to each other and have conversations about various things that interest us. If I had just met him and he remained mostly quiet, I'd probably be suspicious and uncomfortable around him. If someone is at all excited about having a new friend (or potential relationship), it would show with some enthusiasm IMO. Hugs for you and your pup. 💙
Yes, that's how I felt--very uncomfortable and wondered what he's about but he had up such a wall. Oh well..like I said before plenty more fish in the sea. :)

So this was a written correspondence relationship only? Some people find it hard to communicate that way only.
BTW, I once lived in your town, not far from the high school.

Ruthanne, So sorry this didn't work out for you but when preparing to go into some sort of relationship it is best to feel comfortable with everything with the other person involved. I think you have done the right thing in breaking away from this before it went any further. There are many men out there that you will find that are more compatible with you. Good luck.

Ruthanne, So sorry this didn't work out for you but when preparing to go into some sort of relationship it is best to feel comfortable with everything with the other person involved. I think you have done the right thing in breaking away from this before it went any further. There are many men out there that you will find that are more compatible with you. Good luck.
Thank you.

There are? Where are they? Compared to the amount of women left alive, not hardly. For every man there seems to be 20 women squabbling over the old goat.
I haven't really been searching since my husband passed 3 years ago, but when me and my lady friends go out for drinks I do on occasion have some men chat with me and some even offer to buy me drinks.

I haven't really been searching since my husband passed 3 years ago, but when me and my lady friends go out for drinks I do on occasion have some men chat with me and some even offer to buy me drinks.
That's because their mothers taught them it's best to marry a doctor. Wait! That was My mother! So, what are you doing this Saturday? ;)

I know this must be so exciting for you.. I am excited for you. As you know, take your time and get to know him as well as he will get to know you. This is just me but I would casually drive by his street.. not stop or anything but casually drive by. Wait..will this be stalking..LOL.
Enjoy your date.. Keep us posted. Nothing like still feeling you are special by the opposite sex in our elderly age😊

I know this must be so exciting for you.. I am excited for you. As you know, take your time and get to know him as well as he will get to know you. This is just me but I would casually drive by his street.. not stop or anything but casually drive by. Wait..will this be stalking..LOL.
Enjoy your date.. Keep us posted. Nothing like still feeling you are special by the opposite sex in our elderly age😊
I don't have a car.

Hey, good news for you Ruth & I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Internet dating does work. I met my wife this way, we corresponded for about 2 weeks, met, dated & now have been very happily married for 16 years. Just make sure you see him in a public place like a restaurant. Red flags up if he starts asking you for money. Internet dating works only if both people are honest. Some stories about dates in motel rooms gone real bad but use your brains & your gut feelings & you'll be alright. Keep us posted.

Hey, good news for you Ruth & I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Internet dating does work. I met my wife this way, we corresponded for about 2 weeks, met, dated & now have been very happily married for 16 years. Just make sure you see him in a public place like a restaurant. Red flags up if he starts asking you for money. Internet dating works only if both people are honest. Some stories about dates in motel rooms gone real bad but use your brains & your gut feelings & you'll be alright. Keep us posted.
I'm afraid it did not work out and that was awhile back. Thanks for the tips. @Packerjohn

Back