The 50s And 60s Was The Best Era For Music. Oh! Yes It Was!

I am so glad others feel the way I do about music of the 50's and 60's! Buddy Holly, The Platters, Roy Orbison, Gene Pitney. I heard "Unchained Melody" by the Rightous Bros in my dreams last night! This morning I woke to the words, "Remember this. Each new day's a kiss. Sent from up above With an angel's love." I'm so lucky!

When I was 15 yrs old a friend of mine asked me to go out with her and her friends. We went to Bristol and one of her friends and I hit it off and 5yrs later we got married. Every time I hear this song I think of my Husband.

From the time I was 13 years old, I used all my babysitting money to buy every top ten record on the "Hit Parade". I had a HUGE collection! (starting with Green Door and a lot of Buddy Holly) My first husband didn't like them and threw them all away, except for one box ofmy favorites I kept hidden under the bed. Isn't that sad? I could only listen to them when he wasn't in the house. I divorced him soon after that but for other reasons.

From the time I was 13 years old, I used all my babysitting money to buy every top ten record on the "Hit Parade". I had a HUGE collection! (starting with Green Door and a lot of Buddy Holly) My first husband didn't like them and threw them all away, except for one box ofmy favorites I kept hidden under the bed. Isn't that sad? I could only listen to them when he wasn't in the house. I divorced him soon after that but for other reasons.

That was really a cruel thing for him to do and it's good that you got rid of him. In almost every relationship people have different likes and dislikes,but no one should rule over the other. For instance my husband always loved watching sports and I didn't so when he was watching a game I either read a book or cleaned up the house.If there is a show on that I like and he doesn't he finds something else to do or watch tv in another room.

When I was 15 yrs old a friend of mine asked me to go out with her and her friends. We went to Bristol and one of her friends and I hit it off and 5yrs later we got married. Every time I hear this song I think of my Husband.

Remember “Daddy G?”
Len Barry went on to cut some singles. Arnie Silver was a pretty cool guy that we called “Beans” because he ate a lot of jelly beans.

There a genre of songs that I love. It's Phil Specter's wall of sound. While personally, Specter was a murderer, and thoroughly despicable creep & SOB. But he could put together a song. Da Do Run Run, He's A Rebel, Be My Baby, You Lost That Loving Feeling. And one thing about his music was they were recorded live. Today, various artists and musicians lay down tracks and may never actually see one another. These were recorded live, with everybody crammed into one room.

I agree that there was a lot of great music from the 60's, however I'm not one of those who thinks that it was best back then. I think that music is different for different people. A lot of people listen to music that takes them back to earlier days or play music that they associate with positive periods from the past. I do that as well but only for a few songs.

I'm one of those people who continues to find music that I love being made recently by artists who have only started putting out music recently as well. It might be due to my love for live music. Newer groups are the ones that you can still see in a small venue for a much more personal experience. However I only go to see artists I like unless the show is free or really inexpensive. Even then I'll usually try to check out their music to see if I'm interested in any of the artists playing.

Back