The 50s And 60s Was The Best Era For Music. Oh! Yes It Was!

I was just listening to this song and oh the memories it brought back, My friend I had jus met asked me to hang out with her and her friends,They were going to see a friend who lived in Bristol,pa. When we got there we all started to dance and one of the fellows became the love of my life. We married a few years later and lucky for him we are still married !

I am joining this thread rather late. Please excuse me if this band has already been posted. I recall listening to their songs on my portable crystal set while at boarding school. Their music, along with the Beatles and Beach boys kept me sane...
a4c6b80dfb8722c9684e39ce0e3b5749.jpg

Last edited:
We have all heard of the British Invasion.. no..not when Britain took control of the continent of the United States back in the dark past.. but rather the music and cultural invasion of the 1960s. Led by the Fab Four.. The Beatles in 1964 the invasion grew and grew like a rolling snowball. Following the Beatles were fellow Mersey Sound bands like Gerry and the Pacemakers and Dave Clarke Five, The Rolling Stones, Herman's Hermits, the Animals and they just kept on coming once Brit music became the flavor of the month of the other side of the Atlantic. One of the lesser know Brit bands that also hailed from the city of the Mersey River.. Liverpool in northern England were Brian Poole & The Tremeloes. After Poole left they became simply The Tremloes and suddenly discovered popularity.

This is one of their greatest hits and one of my all time favorite Mersey sounds.☺

We have all heard of the British Invasion.. no..not when Britain took control of the continent of the United States back in the dark past.. but rather the music and cultural invasion of the 1960s. Led by the Fab Four.. The Beatles in 1964 the invasion grew and grew like a rolling snowball. Following the Beatles were fellow Mersey Sound bands like Gerry and the Pacemakers and Dave Clarke Five, The Rolling Stones, Herman's Hermits, the Animals and they just kept on coming once Brit music became the flavor of the month of the other side of the Atlantic. One of the lesser know Brit bands that also hailed from the city of the Mersey River.. Liverpool in northern England were Brian Poole & The Tremeloes. After Poole left they became simply The Tremloes and suddenly discovered popularity.

This is one of their greatest hits and one of my all time favorite Mersey sounds.☺

Hey Kris, this was one of my favourite songs back then and I am ashamed to say I never knew the name of the group. So, thanks for giving it to me. Off to YouTube to put it on my play list!

I have to agree with everyone here that the music from the 50's and 60's(our generation) there is nothing that can compare to it. The videos that have been posted are fantastic. I loved many if not all of them. This song was always one of my favorites and released I believe in 1967 when I was in college. I was either 19 or 20 at the time. Western Union was the song by The Five Americans had a nice sound with great harmonies.

Back