The "Alone" Club

I just had an idea of creating a thread especially for those of us who are finding ourselves alone now.

How are you doing today, what's new, anything special on your mind? You are all welcome here.

View attachment 219275

View attachment 219388

Bring whatever you wish to this thread to share for all of us lonesters! ;)
I may wind up alone again. Marriage isn't working out. We married late in life and I didn't know if this was a wise move. We will see.

Just heard it called The Loneliness Epidemic! Wow!

So, it's not just "here"...but everywhere!

More then 'we' knows or realize!😒

I was getting seriously lonely, so much so, that I got up the nerve to (gasp) ask a woman out on a date! She said yes, and we have been dating for 2 months now.

It was Heaven on Earth for about a month, then I got spoiled with all her attention, and now I have to defend my privacy. She wants to be with me all the time, which is flattering as heck, but I need my space and my alone time!

I still like being with her, that's the good news. But yes, Virginia, relationships have their difficulties, lol.

Still, this is way better than the awful, grinding loneliness I went through. I ought to be grateful to have her, and yes, I suppose I am.

Just my two cents worth of input. I can understand the joy of not dating, as well as the joy of dating. I guess it just depends where one is, emotionally, at any given moment.

I have had COVID for the first time this past week so I have been totally isolated from everything and I am going crazy. I enjoy living alone and being rather solitary but not this isolated ! I tested positive again today so I had to order in groceries once again. I look forward to being able to go to the store just to be around people . The good news is that I was bad for only about four days and came out of it luckier than many so not complaining but the confinement is nerve racking even for this introvert !

I have had COVID for the first time this past week so I have been totally isolated from everything and I am going crazy. I enjoy living alone and being rather solitary but not this isolated ! I tested positive again today so I had to order in groceries once again. I look forward to being able to go to the store just to be around people . The good news is that I was bad for only about four days and came out of it luckier than many so not complaining but the confinement is nerve racking even for this introvert !
Sorry @MarkinPhx . At least you weren't badly ill more than 4 days. You have us, don't forget. 🌹 Get well!

Thanks ! And I do feel fortunate that I did not have it too bad. I did lurk here a lot but my brain was too mushy to post much 🤪

Sorry you caught it. I have not had it yet. I will say any kind of illness is harder when you live alone. I have not felt well the last few days, placed an order for groceries that should be here any minute. I am thankful that we have that option now.

Hope you feel better soon, @MarkinPhx ! I've had Covid twice. The first time, I slept through most of the ten days! The second time (this past summer), my energy was much better, and I didn't isolate as long as I did the first time. I wore a mask around the sixth day and went out. This time around, covid is not as deadly from what I gather. I use the https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
website to get a feel if the covid cases/deaths are going up or not. But everyone is different. Watch some good movies or talk on the phone to friends and family, do something that brings you pleasure. The time will go by fast.

I'm so sorry @MarkinPhx I avoided it for almost 3 years even with many many exposures at work. My other co-workers that finally got it also said it's probably this highly contagious varient.

I'm glad you seem to be on the mend and were able to order groceries to be delivered.

Mr. Lonely​

Lyrics

Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody for my own
Now I am so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
Wish I had someone to call on the phone
Now I'm a soldier, a lonely soldier
Away from home through no wish of my own
That's why I'm lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I wish that I could go back home
Letters, never a letter
I get no letters in the mail
I've been forgotten, yes, forgotten
Oh, how I wonder, how is it I failed
Now I'm a soldier, a lonely soldier
Away from home through no wish of my own
That's why I'm lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I wish that I could go back home

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Bobby Vinton / Gene Allan
Mr. Lonely lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Granted my widowhood is just into the 7 months. What I miss in my alone time are the kisses (ooh he was a good kisser just like Cher says in her song: it's in his kiss!). What we went through the last 5 years after our youngest died at just 26 of a rare cancer. It was difficult.

We've had our own way to deal with the pain of losing a child (that's not what you expect in life, yes?) However, things were finally looking up. Our new OAP Pad was now decorated, daughter had recovered from losing her younger brother and we were once more planning our upcoming summer 2022.

So, I miss the daily chats, the hugs and waking up saying "Good Morning Darling!" I miss that plus going to bed at night.

Due to the type of work he did before, me and munchkins ended up on our own for months on end. Therefore, I'm now into that mode again. The only thing missing are the daily phone conversations we had on those away days.

Life is a wee bit simpler as my accounting sheets are set (graduated in Accounting but never worked in it lol) and keep me in the black. I keep busy with television watching with daughter. Taking care of new kitten.

I'm in no hurry to jump back into dating, but I'd love someone to talk to. I'll wait probably a year before looking at anyone out of respect. By then, I might change my mind completely and carry on alone with daughter and 🐱.

I've managed the impossible and face the end of the year with a cushion of security. Hoping that the backlog of mail will come back streaming (fingers-crossed) proof in pudding, a piece of mail dated 16/12 arrived today so 15 days to get here.

I'm still hoping to get an invitation to Hogmanay but people are uncomfortable when you've lost a spouse.

At the end of the day, I'm coping well, so does daughter and kitten's heaven sent wee companion but I still miss my hubby. It took 5 years for son, it took nearly 30 years for father... I'm okay for now, one day at a time. Next year I'm hoping to launch my novel series again to make a bit of extra cash. What's an alone time killer just now is the lack of progress and information.

When you wait and wait, without being able to explain your frustrations to your better half that's when you're crushed to find out that you're really alone now. So it's a 50-50 situation for now... I hope that makes sense 🤣🤣🤣

Granted my widowhood is just into the 7 months. What I miss in my alone time are the kisses (ooh he was a good kisser just like Cher says in her song: it's in his kiss!). What we went through the last 5 years after our youngest died at just 26 of a rare cancer. It was difficult.

We've had our own way to deal with the pain of losing a child (that's not what you expect in life, yes?) However, things were finally looking up. Our new OAP Pad was now decorated, daughter had recovered from losing her younger brother and we were once more planning our upcoming summer 2022.

So, I miss the daily chats, the hugs and waking up saying "Good Morning Darling!" I miss that plus going to bed at night.

Due to the type of work he did before, me and munchkins ended up on our own for months on end. Therefore, I'm now into that mode again. The only thing missing are the daily phone conversations we had on those away days.

Life is a wee bit simpler as my accounting sheets are set (graduated in Accounting but never worked in it lol) and keep me in the black. I keep busy with television watching with daughter. Taking care of new kitten.

I'm in no hurry to jump back into dating, but I'd love someone to talk to. I'll wait probably a year before looking at anyone out of respect. By then, I might change my mind completely and carry on alone with daughter and 🐱.

I've managed the impossible and face the end of the year with a cushion of security. Hoping that the backlog of mail will come back streaming (fingers-crossed) proof in pudding, a piece of mail dated 16/12 arrived today so 15 days to get here.

I'm still hoping to get an invitation to Hogmanay but people are uncomfortable when you've lost a spouse.

At the end of the day, I'm coping well, so does daughter and kitten's heaven sent wee companion but I still miss my hubby. It took 5 years for son, it took nearly 30 years for father... I'm okay for now, one day at a time. Next year I'm hoping to launch my novel series again to make a bit of extra cash. What's an alone time killer just now is the lack of progress and information.

When you wait and wait, without being able to explain your frustrations to your better half that's when you're crushed to find out that you're really alone now. So it's a 50-50 situation for now... I hope that makes sense 🤣🤣🤣
You've been through so much, so sorry. I wish for you some good company when you need it and peace in your heart. 🌹

After my husband died, I didn't really want a bunch of people around - I was lonely for him. Sometimes, being lonely is very specific. At times, I've felt lonely with other people around.

I spent this Christmas with my son's family and friends, but there were still moments when I felt lonely. My husband loved Christmas, and I have so many memories.

I'm not complaining. I'm incredibly lucky to be living with my amazing son and son-in-law and their wonderful kids. I guess I just wanted to say that you can feel lonely sometimes in the middle of friends and family.

Feeling particularly alone tonight. I don't know why but maybe because I am....lol Some days I keep so busy I don't feel alone but today is different.

Wish I had some company.
I know what you mean. Some days are more lonely than others. I keep myself busy, and that helps, and I listen to nice music throughout the day- that keeps me feeling good. Maybe that might help. Stay connected. SF is good for that.

I've noticed that after a certain hour, it gets really quiet on here. I think mostly everyone is in bed, haha.
I feel invisible all during the day too but don't say anything. I feel like there's a popular group here and I am not one of them. I get the smiley likes but hardly anyone chats with me.

Back