The fire in Australia frustrated me and pity our planet.

Alisha Swift

I've been seeing news of the Australian fire these days, It has been going on for more than three months. Although I am not in Australia, I feel the temperature is higher than last year. Thousands of animals die, this is really frustrating. I hope I can do something to stop the fire from destroying the ecology of our planet.

Hey, Warrigal and Alisha. It's actually the hottest Oz summer on record. The hottest day was recorded in western Sydney just recently. There have been days into 50c over the years, but 49.8 in Sydney is unbelievable. I love your sentiments, Alisha. Unfortunately we are doing our best to do just the opposite.

I don't see any acknowledgements that the people are reading these post. This is important news, an event that will effect all of us.
Come on folks, read these post, there important. Just now I put the smile faces to let the posters someone has read them.

I don't see any acknowledgements that the people are reading these post. This is important news, an event that will effect all of us.
Come on folks, read these post, there important. Just now I put the smile faces to let the posters someone has read them.
Hey, I been reading them and posting if I know anything and now offering condolences to all those in these terribly affected areas. Our online prayer group is praying for Australia and I've forwarded on some photos, also.

Get used to it. Stronger storms, more destructive floods, ocean levels rising, more heat & dry weather = more fires. Earth is heating up. As the scientific community has concluded, human activity has released more than 2 trillion metric tons of greenhouse gases into the Earth’s atmosphere since the start of the First Industrial Revolution in the mid-1700s. Over three-quarters of this is carbon dioxide, with most of this carbon emitted since the mid-1950s. This is more carbon than nature can re-absorb, and every year humanity pumps more than 50 billion metric tons of additional greenhouse gases into the air. This isn’t a problem that lasts a few years or even a decade. Once excess carbon enters the atmosphere it can take thousands of years to dissipate.

Last edited:
Today, the PM of Australia, who has refused to accept climate change in the contributing cause of their fires:
"...my opinion is now evolving..."
Evolving? Really?

Get used to it. Stronger storms, more destructive floods, ocean levels rising, more heat & dry weather = more fires. Earth is heating up. As the scientific community has concluded, human activity has released more than 2 trillion metric tons of greenhouse gases into the Earth’s atmosphere since the start of the First Industrial Revolution in the mid-1700s. Over three-quarters of this is carbon dioxide, with most of this carbon emitted since the mid-1950s. This is more carbon than nature can re-absorb, and every year humanity pumps more than 50 billion metric tons of additional greenhouse gases into the air. This isn’t a problem that lasts a few years or even a decade. Once excess carbon enters the atmosphere it can take thousands of years to dissipate.
Way more people in the world today. In the US alone there are more than double the number of people there were in 1950...of course one volcano in the ring of fire can release tons of CO2.
This is an interesting scientific article on it- obviously we need to both reduce man made emissions and find a way to somehow trap or channel the volcano emissions:

https://principia-scientific.org/di...2-emissions-discredits-global-warming-theory/

fmdog44 is right. The fires are a direct link between our use of fossil fuels and global warming. And about the "discovery" of volcanoes, It's PURE BS. It comes from the "PRINCIPIA SCIENTIFIC INTERNATIONAL ". These are the same crowd, who spread all that nonsense about vaccines spreading autism, which has been totally proven, by multiple scientific institutions, to be unfounded, and intentional lies and fabrications.
Personally, I tired of people, who refuse to admit that using fossil fuels can have an effect on our weather. If using fossil fuels has no deleterious effects to our environment , let them sniff a car's exhaust for an hour.
For me, it's the same kind of "science', which gave us healthy Camel unfiltered cigarettes.
camels-fresh-01-2015.jpg

Last edited:
Don't think it should be an "either or" issue. Combination of nature... lightening, volcano and human intervention play a part in the weather pattern ramifications, of course. Lots more people in our world now, too.

One interesting aspect of solar cycles is that the sun went through a period of near zero sunspot activity from about 1645 to 1715. This period of sunspot minima is called the Maunder Minimum. The "Little Ice Age" occurred over parts of Earth during the Maunder Minimum.

That has always fascinated me. Solar flares /UV light and their impact on earth's atmosphere weather patterns.

Why aren't all those nuclear tests we earthlings did, atmospheric and underground, tied to climate change? Whatever happened to the concept of nuclear winter, etc? Tests numbered in the thousands, but yet I never see this mentioned, and when I mention it............well, I don't get a polite response.

I've never heard of that.
Here's the Wiki definition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter
Why aren't all those nuclear tests we earthlings did, atmospheric and underground, tied to climate change? Whatever happened to the concept of nuclear winter, etc? Tests numbered in the thousands, but yet I never see this mentioned, and when I mention it............well, I don't get a polite response.
Thinking that's why the building of nuc plants seemed to have come to a standstill? Remember 3 Mile Island and the Chernobyl explosion? That put a real "damper" on the nuc issue. We were living in northern California when there was picketing against it.

The absurdity of "our world's" leadership is worse than absurd.

Post 15, regarding volcanos contribution to climate change-What? Have the scientist jumped on the wagon of, 'there is no climate change, it is all due to natural causes.'

The sky is falling!
Not to worry, the scientific community is divided, it was just a small piece, wait for more studies

The absurdity of "our world's" leadership is worse than absurd.

Post 15, regarding volcanos contribution to climate change-What? Have the scientist jumped on the wagon of, 'there is no climate change, it is all due to natural causes.'

The sky is falling!
Not to worry, the scientific community is divided, it was just a small piece, wait for more studies
Do think volcano activity affects climate change...how could they "not". Respectfully do disagree on this issue.

https://time.com/3698572/science-maya-tolstoy-geophysical-research-letters-volcanoes-climate-change/

Lots of things contribute to the mean temperature of planets, including this one.
Basically the equation is whether the amount reaching us from the sun and the amount of energy radiated back out into space is equal. The earth's atmosphere and oceans help to keep the earth in balance by acting as heat sinks. The atmosphere contains a very low percentage of CO2 which helps it to retain some heat, acting like a blanket. The surface temperature then stays within habitable limits, unlike the Moon where it is scorching hot when the sun falls on the surface and drops rapidly to freezing cold when is does not.

So, why is CO2 a worry? Because in any finely balanced complex system such as the Earth's interactions of the atmosphere, the lithosphere (the land) and the hydrosphere (oceans etc), even seemingly small variations can result in huge shifts in weather patterns, climatic conditions and in the biosphere.

We have no control over volcanic emissions but we can choose to use different sources of energy to curtail the amount of CO2 being added to the atmosphere. We can also stop deforesting the landscape at a rate that exceeds regeneration. What is happening now is the cumulative effect of the Industrial Revolution and mass production that demanded energy on a scale never seen before in the history of mankind.

We are now in the Space Age and we have the know how to redesign our major systems - manufacturing, transport and agriculture - to avoid any further increase in atmospheric CO2 and other green house gases. The sooner we get serious about this, the better it will be for the future of mankind and the many living things that are part of the complex web of life on earth.

Good leadership is essential right now, but it is thin on the ground. We must demand better. That is what a 17 year old girl is doing as I write. Demanding better. She deserves the praise and support of her elders.

I had read that the native aborigines have a solution for containing/reducing the fires that have worked over the centuries and it is no longer being done, they state that the underbrush must be burned in mini controlled fires in order to stem larger fires and they have willingly shared this information, I am not sure if this solution has been implemented by the government yet, one of the aboriginal Chiefs stated that they had not had the amount of fire problems like this before with these vast amounts of fires when they implemented this in the past. I have the feeling that this same action could be a help to the fires in California.

Nuclear winter refers to what would happen after a war where a lot of nukes went off at approximately the same time. They would create a dust layer blocking the sun. We've not had a nuke war. The smoke and dust created by testing is no worse than volcanoes (not counting the radiation).

I had read that the native aborigines have a solution for containing/reducing the fires that have worked over the centuries and it is no longer being done, they state that the underbrush must be burned in mini controlled fires in order to stem larger fires and they have willingly shared this information, I am not sure if this solution has been implemented by the government yet, one of the aboriginal Chiefs stated that they had not had the amount of fire problems like this before with these vast amounts of fires when they implemented this in the past. I have the feeling that this same action could be a help to the fires in California.
A lot of "controlled burns" set by professional fire fighters have raged into unexpected forest fires. Intentionally setting fires is a dicey proposition with untold potential legal liability, to say the least.

Back