The Inevitable Take Over Of Taiwan By China.

This may be so in theory, in other words de jure rights as opposed to de facto . But in actual practice, such "rights" are often mythical. I would post videos of police brutality this past summer from youtube just to prove a point but the admin/mods here would view them as political so it's best that I not post them.
I wouldn't be impressed, anyway, as I could cite as many videos of dangerous and deadly assaults on police as well.

People who live in democratic/republics have rights they don't use, are too lazy to invoke, and some are just too set in their ways to vote for change or whatever. The facts is, we have the right and the power to make our country better. That's what sets us and other democracies apart from non-democratic countries.

This may be so in theory, in other words de jure rights as opposed to de facto . But in actual practice, such "rights" are often mythical. I would post videos of police brutality this past summer from youtube just to prove a point but the admin/mods here would view them as political so it's best that I not post them.
I don't think either of us who are posting would disagree with you, Oldie, that there's plenty of police brutality in the U.S. I, for one, don't need convincing.

The facts is, we have the right and the power to make our country better. That's what sets us and other democracies apart from non-democratic countries.

Decades of vote suppression and gerrymandering minimize any such efforts especially in the south.

Odd, I thought this thread was about;

The Inevitable Take Over Of Taiwan By China.​

I had a few thoughts on the subject, but it'd be strangely off topic of the off topic....

And why it's happening in many states.

Interestingly, many in the USA clamor for our government to intervene in foreign affairs so as to insure that people retain their rights. Meantime, those same critics remain silent when pols work to insure that our domestic rights are restricted such as in those states.

The Inevitable Take Over Of Taiwan By China​

Bring it back around if you want​

OK. I'll do it.

Re the inevitable takeover ~ good. Finally some small degree of justice for the people of China. Now let's have the British pay back reparations for the damage they did during those and the subsequent wars it imposed on that land.

OK. I'll do it.

Re the inevitable takeover ~ good. Finally some small degree of justice for the people of China. Now let's have the British pay back reparations for the damage they did during those and the subsequent wars it imposed on that land.
Why stop with the British and China? Let's look at all of the imperialistic countries including the U.S. Look what we did to the Native Americans and Hawaiians in addition to the Blacks, etc. Look what the various European countries did all over the world.

Why stop with the British and China? Let's look at all of the imperialistic countries including the U.S. Look what we did to the Native Americans and Hawaiians in addition to the Blacks, etc. Look what the various European countries did all over the world.
But why stop there? How 'bout we start bashing the Romans? The Huns? Muslims got away with quite a bit of conquering. Pretty sure there's a few dozen Nazis left.

OK. I'll do it.

I think you've been listening to some White Monkeys, oldie. But you're certainly welcome to your own opinion no matter who helped form it. It's a free country, after all.

Yeah, why not? Some Native American tribes have pending lawsuits demanding that treaties be honored by the government. After all, it's the law.

This reminds me a bit of Vietnam, when they asked the US for help. And look what happened.
What happened was the people and leadership aligning with Ho Chi Min's ideology after they'd grown weary of foreign political interference, the US and allied forces destroying their country, and too much "collateral damage". We airlifted as many asylum-seeking Vietnamese citizens as we could, and we left. True, they asked for help, but after 20 years and a change in leadership, they chose the CCP.

Back