The Music Thread! What Are You Listening To? #4

It's funny I was just listening to this song and the memories it brought back. I was about 11yrs old and a boy took me to see this movie. I remember crying my eyes out when Elvis died in it. I remember how hard I squeezed the boy's arm that took me to see it. Sadly I can't remember the boy's name that took me.

Learning from the TV program the Voice I've a new appreciation for how songs are sung.

Dolly Parton's "I'll always love you" was great but even Dolly said Whitney Huston's version was better.

That brings me to the horrible version Long Tall Sally by Pat Boone
my wife programed in my ipod for our morning walk.

Little Richard

Pat Boone

Hm. Guess I'm not exactly relevant, but I'm actually listening to Wynton Marsalis perform the Haydn Trumpet Concerto in E Flat Major on my HD radio. Yes. Radio. It's a little portable that I take out to the patio while I sit and contemplate...something.

What else do I like? Don Willilams (Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good), Crystal Gale (When I Dream), Jessi Coulter (I'm Not Lisa).

Looks like I'm living in the past. Am I the only one who likes classical and country?

Hm. Guess I'm not exactly relevant, but I'm actually listening to Wynton Marsalis perform the Haydn Trumpet Concerto in E Flat Major on my HD radio. Yes. Radio. It's a little portable that I take out to the patio while I sit and contemplate...something.

What else do I like? Don Willilams (Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good), Crystal Gale (When I Dream), Jessi Coulter (I'm Not Lisa).

Looks like I'm living in the past. Am I the only one who likes classical and country?
I like a little classical, mainly popular classical... but I'm a huge country fan..... ( old country not new) ..and I agree, When I dream by CG is fabulous she sings it with such feeling.... Don Williams I could listen to him singing the phone book... Not a big fan of Jessi Coulter tbh..but that's because I had a pash for Waylon..lol

@hollydolly I don't like the heavy funereal classical stuff one bit. But Mozart, Vivaldi, Telemann, von Weber...and so many others.

I didn't know there was a country/folk thread. Thanks for the link. I don't like the *new* country, either.

Don Williams? Sigh. Smooth-as-silk. Yup. He could sing the phone book, and I'd still swoon❤️

You do know that Crystal Gayle and Loretta Lynn are sisters, right?

And Jessi Coulter. My, my, having the hots for Waylon is a p*ss poor excuse for not liking her. Shame on you!

oh yes is there anyone in the western world who doesn't know Crystal and Loretta are sisters.. did you know that Crystal 's real name is Brenda and it was Loretta who suggested the name Crystal...

.. as for Jessi C... errm.. admittedly I just don't like her voice, .. never have , but I can just about bear to listen to Storms Never Last with her duetting with Waylon... altho' I'd rather listen to anyone else singing it..like Lucille Starr..boy, does she belt it out...

Back