The One and Only ELVIS Please..

I was only 12 yrs old when I fell in love with Elvis. On my first date I went to see " Love me Tender." I remember how I cried watching the movie when Elvis died,but I don't remember who the boy was that took me on the date.

Wow, Ruthanne what great videos. I never liked him when he first became popular then he won me over with Love Me Tender. I have a lot of his songs on my Kindle and the hubby and I listen to him when we travel to VA to see my daughter. One that I listen to that I never heard until recently is called High Heel Sneakers. The lyrics are hysterical. I wonder who picked that song for him,or maybe he thought it was funny and recorded it just for laughs. The wig part gets me. Maybe because I had a wig in the early 70's.

Ruth I had never heard the song you mentioned "High Heel Sneakers" so I looked it up. I can't believe I'd never heard it before.

Elvis......definitely a one off, and no matter where you go, there is an Elvis impersonator, there must be thousands of them.
Pretty much all of my favourites have been posted, so a big thank you Ruthanne for starting this lovely thread, and a big thank you, to all of those who posted and shared all these superb recordings and memories.
:D

This song was written by an Irish man who lost 2 of his sons in war and the 3nd one is now leaving for war too.

Nobody does it like Elvis,

Back