The Police Knee On The Neck Is Allowed!!

Probably poorly worded. Looting continues but once the protesting taking place now runs it's course and what takes place when the police officer goes to trial, has received training if the defense is successful in using the department guidelines as a defense & the officer is found not guilty of charges based on his training & department guidelines. I anticipate a recurrence of what is taking place now.
I think it won‘t matter whether or not what the officer is charged, what the sentence is, what the decision is, what the jail time is or is not. The rioting and looting is not about one mans death. IMO, the death was just an excuse to riot and loot. Certain People will not be satisfied.

Therefore, yes, I agree. If the looting and rioting ever stop, it will start again. But it might have to be different people since a lot of people weren’t wearing masks (yes, some were.) A lot of people might be sick with the virus. A lot of people might die from the virus.

As we are waiting for the investigation, we will just have to wait and see how exposure to the virus while rioting further effects the community. If this were a movie, it would be science fiction.

@peramangkelder, if you don't want people getting up in arms about your choice of words, perhaps you should consider them more carefully before posting.

To address your statement - many, many white folks don't think they're better than Black, or Indigenous, or Asian, or any other people. Indeed, there are people of every color participating in these protests. Very heartening to see.

These protests and riots are not only about American police brutality where African-Americans are often at the wrong end of a gun or the painful end of a nightstick, but also about economic, social, educational, housing and other disparities.

I hope Permangelder was writing out of frustration. Perhaps she has personally been treated unfairly due to her indigenous roots. That's why I initially agreed with her.

My daughter is bi-racial, and our nephews and nieces partners are of many different races, so I don't agree that all white people are bigots.
I am responding to @Pinky comment. I don’t think she meant all white people are bigots. I read her main point, a point I have made in the past, as skin color has little to do with race. I have two bi-racial sons, and one bi-racial granddaughter.

@peramangkelder, if you don't want people getting up in arms about your choice of words, perhaps you should consider them more carefully before posting.

To address your statement - many, many white folks don't think they're better than Black, or Indigenous, or Asian, or any other people. Indeed, there are people of every color participating in these protests. Very heartening to see.

These protests and riots are not only about American police brutality where African-Americans are often at the wrong end of a gun or the painful end of a nightstick, but also about economic, social, educational, housing and other disparities.
I agree, kind of. While the leaders scream racial injustice, the looters,
predominantly black and white from what I’ve seen, are certainly united in grabbing those TVs, burning buildings, throwing bricks, and defacing buildings.

The black and white communities will certainly be united in having their taxes raised, their services, reduced, and their need for medical assistance if the virus takes hold. Although, the virus seems to be a bit of a bigot, but the white people have no control over that. The black and WHITE community, of poor people, are also united in social, economic, educational, and housing disparities.

Unless you are claiming that poor white folk who live in the same communities and neighborhoods as poor black people have, somehow, better access to different conditions than their black neighbors.

Oh, yes, very heartening to see how well the races have come together. Can I have an amen, praise Jesus?

If you think the experience of poor white & poor black Americans is roughly equivalent when it comes to economic opportunities, the criminal justice system, or upward mobility options, statistics will prove you are sadly mistaken.

People who speak but aren't heard will continue to turn up their volume. Looting and burning down buildings are the equivalent of shouting into a bullhorn. It disrupts business as usual and the status quo by the strong and powerful. They shrug off peaceful demonstrations without comment, but torch their buildings and loot their stores? Now you've got their attention.

Trump hunkering down for an hour in a bunker below the east wing of the White House last night? That's some pretty powerful shouting right there. Not sure what will come of it though.

I am not advocating for looting or rioting, merely explaining why and how people get to that point. Our country has two choices: listen and address inequities, or have the lessons repeated over and over again.

So far, we've demonstrated ourselves to be very slow learners.

If you think the experience of poor white & poor black Americans is roughly equivalent when it comes to economic opportunities, the criminal justice system, or upward mobility options, statistics will prove you are sadly mistaken.

People who speak but aren't heard will continue to turn up their volume. Looting and burning down buildings are the equivalent of shouting into a bullhorn. It disrupts business as usual and the status quo by the strong and powerful. They shrug off peaceful demonstrations without comment, but torch their buildings and loot their stores? Now you've got their attention.

Trump hunkering down for an hour in a bunker below the east wing of the White House last night? That's some pretty powerful shouting right there. Not sure what will come of it though.

I am not advocating for looting or rioting, merely explaining why and how people get to that point. Our country has two choices: listen and address inequities, or have the lessons repeated over and over again.

I did not include the criminal justice system I what I said because I have no means of comparison. It depends on the demographics of the area. A area with a greater white population and low black population might have more whites arrested where the opposite would be true elsewhere.

We have a high American Indian population which would effect the demographics. (Can’t finish my thought, internet issues).

Last edited:
Why on earth would you make such a racist comment about white people and then add ‘don’t get up in arms about my choice of words?’

How does one read something so hateful and not get offended? Not ALL white people are racist and not all blacks people are racist.

What you’ve just done is stereotyped ALL white people into arrogant bigots!

Gee! Why would we be offended?
It’s pretty sad when youve got a site full of people yet we have to divide ourselves like such. I hadn’t noticed this before. It’s incredibly sad. I’m out.

Just can't stay away ?

Whether neck restraint is "Proper Police Procedure" or not isn't really the issue.
Use of a night stick is proper police procedure when warranted. That doesn't mean 150 blows on a handcuffed suspect is OK.
Anyone, including Mr. Dirtbag police officer knows that 9 minutes of neck restraint causes death.

Odd, in post #166 above, you refer to childish replies.......Then you post "Mr. Dirtbag police officer"

How very mature this is indeed.

Odd, in post #166 above, you refer to childish replies.......Then you post "Mr. Dirtbag police officer"

How very mature this is indeed.
I'd refer to any murdering scum as a "Dirtbag." More so for a police officer who is held to a......higher standard.
How very annoying reality is for you.
How many police officers in your family?

deleted, internet issues

That’s probably the hope, but can the judge not allow that information into evidence? On the death certificate, it asks “Manner of Death” and “Cause of Death.” I this case, the manner of death would be homicide, the cause of death would be suffocation.

If cause of death is suffocation, but he had pre existing conditions that may have contributed to his death, does that also get published on the death certificate?
According to department guidelines depending on whether or not the police officer was trained this could get uglier. If trained then unlawful arrest, reinstatement of job & any lost wages could be what the defense lawyer would seek. Then the protesting & looting will probably start again. The cost for this has probably reached the billion dollar mark +.

I doubt there's an iceberg's chance that there will be any reinstatement or exoneration or anything like that. Even though the knee thing might be legal, there are conditions under which it can be legally used, safeguards for the suspect's health, etc., none of which I believe were followed by the police, especially since the pressure on his neck was maintained for considerable time after he was clearly subdued and a pulse couldn't be found.

Besides which, Mr. Floyd was detained for being suspected of passing a counterfeit bill -- not exactly a capital crime, and even if true, could have been inadvertent.

Do any of us really know whether the currency in our pockets is genuine or not? I sure don't.

I caught the dead mans brother speaking to a crowd in Minnesota, (live on UK news channels), and urging an end to the violence.

He spoke very well, and urged the crowd to seek peaceful means to bring about change, (especially voting in every election), and he said this is what he knew his brother would have wanted.

Powerful stuff. 👌!

I doubt there's an iceberg's chance that there will be any reinstatement or exoneration or anything like that. Even though the knee thing might be legal, there are conditions under which it can be legally used, safeguards for the suspect's health, etc., none of which I believe were followed by the police, especially since the pressure on his neck was maintained for considerable time after he was clearly subdued and a pulse couldn't be found.

Besides which, Mr. Floyd was detained for being suspected of passing a counterfeit bill -- not exactly a capital crime, and even if true, could have been inadvertent.

Do any of us really know whether the currency in our pockets is genuine or not? I sure don't.
Employed as a bouncer indicates to me he had physical strength and or abilities that were above typical. The officer kneeling on his neck knew him. Is there video of what took place prior to being forced to the ground? In other words was he combative prior to being forced down? Lawyers may argue that to show why use of that part of the guidelines to keep him pinned down until he passed out was within guidelines.

I use weasel words like "could" or "may" since what took place in it's entirety isn't known. Lawyers are supposed to provide the best defense possible so what any lawyer uses is possible. The time to render him unconscious isn't defined it only provides for the use to render unconscious.

I agree the length of time & Floyd's pleas plus what I consider most damning is he was handcuffed so he was already subdued.

what I consider most damning is he was handcuffed so he was already subdued.
I absolutely agree!

Mr. Floyd was also voiced that he need aid and the cop failed to render aid.

The two worked together in the same bar. The cop worked outside as an "off duty policeman" (what ever that means), and Floyd worked inside as a bouncer.

I wonder if there was some friction between the two.

Last edited:
Employed as a bouncer indicates to me he had physical strength and or abilities that were above typical. The officer kneeling on his neck knew him. Is there video of what took place prior to being forced to the ground? In other words was he combative prior to being forced down? Lawyers may argue that to show why use of that part of the guidelines to keep him pinned down until he passed out was within guidelines.

I use weasel words like "could" or "may" since what took place in it's entirety isn't known. Lawyers are supposed to provide the best defense possible so what any lawyer uses is possible. The time to render him unconscious isn't defined it only provides for the use to render unconscious.

I agree the length of time & Floyd's pleas plus what I consider most damning is he was handcuffed so he was already subdued.
One news report said the paramedics were called after 2 minutes because he stated he couldn’t breathe earlier. He stumbled and fell earlier. I think we just have to wait and see.

I absolutely agree!

Mr. Floyd was also voiced that he need aid and the cop failed to render aid.

The two worked together in the same bar. The cop worked outside as an "off duty policeman" (what ever that means), and Floyd worked inside as a bouncer.

I wonder if there was some friction between the two.
Kind of nice to have a civil discussion about this. Thanks

Aneeda. If you have me on ignore could you please stop using my name and referring to me on the site. THAT isn’t ignoring me. It’s none of anyones business who your personal preferences are. That’s why they are called personal preferences. I’m ok with you having me on ignore and haven’t mentioned your name except for now since you put me on ignore. I wish you’d do the same.

And for the record I have never ever made fun of disabled people. Ever! I’ve also never supported the idea of rioting or any type of violence . EVER!

If you wish to ignore me then please do that. Mentioning the fact that you have me on ignore over and over is getting old. I’m not purposely hurting you . Please do the same.

Note: could someone please copy this so Aneeda sees it OR pm her about this since I can’t.

Thank you
She can see it.

Sorry, news stories refer to "Minnesota Police" and others report "Minneapolis Police". Minnesota Police are not even allowed to have suspect prone on the ground, never mind kneeling on his throat. Apparently, the Minnesota Police are a professional police organization. It's quite apparent the Minneapolis aren't. I just can't believe this got past the city's lawyers. Having that kind of policy on the books just invites lawsuits. You aren't going to be able to justify such a risky, life threatening procedure in court. Choking someone into unconsciousness- nah, no problem. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I hope Permangelder was writing out of frustration. Perhaps she has personally been treated unfairly due to her indigenous roots. That's why I initially agreed with her.

My daughter is bi-racial, and our nephews and nieces partners are of many different races, so I don't agree that all white people are bigots.
Yes @Pinky I am speaking out of frustration. I have been treated unfairly and that hurts
It saddens me when people made aware of my Indigenous Ancestry physically take a step backwards....and this long before 'social distancing' was a thing
I don't suppose racial differences will change any time soon but I always have the Hope they will
My Grandfather had a lovely big photo of his Mother which he had to keep in a drawer because of the colour of her skin 😥

Sorry, news stories refer to "Minnesota Police" and others report "Minneapolis Police". Minnesota Police are not even allowed to have suspect prone on the ground, never mind kneeling on his throat. Apparently, the Minnesota Police are a professional police organization. It's quite apparent the Minneapolis aren't. I just can't believe this got past the city's lawyers. Having that kind of policy on the books just invites lawsuits. You aren't going to be able to justify such a risky, life threatening procedure in court. Choking someone into unconsciousness- nah, no problem. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
Idk. I think this came into being because of PCP and the inability of multiple police officers to control these individuals. The only way to restrain PCP criminals was to “choke“ them out. Then it seems to have been used on larger buff, Uncontrollable criminals who were not on PCP to control them.

Until, in some places, it was just used. Because I don’t have any facts, any real information on the use and reason for the use of this method of control, I just can not make a judgement. I am forced to wait for the judgement of the jury.

On a wrongful death suit, IMO, the family will settle out of court and we won’t ever know how much money they get or why a certain amount is chosen.

Back