The Remote

because we rely on it to much to do its job -- and there for to lazy to go out and replace them lol

Gary, I immediately thought about pressing the elevator button also. Or that button pedestrians push when they want the light to change. It seems to be an instinct, when something doesn't work the first time. It usually doesn't work the second time either, but that doesn't stop us from trying.

Used to do that until I bought Double-A Batteries with 2300mAh High CapacityRechargeable Batteries. Now about every 3 months pull them out & recharge over night. 6 months for the thermostat, and lawn sprinkler system. Initial cost a little high but they pay off in the long term.

Used to do that until I bought Double-A Batteries with 2300mAh High CapacityRechargeable Batteries. Now about every 3 months pull them out & recharge over night. 6 months for the thermostat, and lawn sprinkler system. Initial cost a little high but they pay off in the long term.
Well aren't you a genius! I mean that sincerely. I gave up on rechargeable batteries after trying them several times because they ran out of charge so quickly - and never at a convenient moment. It never dawned on me to put them on a schedule as you described. Great idea.

I'm an instrument thumper
It worked once when the engine heat showed 220°
Tapped the glass, it went back to something more normal
But just that one time

Been thumping gauges ever since
Gary, this reminds me of dealing with a colicky baby. Any parent who's had one can tell you that something will work once or twice and never again. Nevertheless that action remains in the "maybe this will calm her down" repertoire.

After a while, every time the kid cries you feed, do a diaper and clothing change, offer a pacifier, swaddle, pat, massage, walk, sing, dance, bounce, put them in the car for a ride, and perform every other routine that worked at least once. It often doesn't do a thing to soothe the child but but it sure keeps the parents busy until the kid cries itself out.

Gary, I immediately thought about pressing the elevator button also. Or that button pedestrians push when they want the light to change. It seems to be an instinct, when something doesn't work the first time. It usually doesn't work the second time either, but that doesn't stop us from trying.
I read some of those buttons are made not to function and I believe it. Think about it. You have a main street at rush hour and the lights are set to maintain maximum flow. Along comes some folks off the bus and they decide they want to change the pattern of traffic so they can cross a street?! Personally, I have never seen them work in my area.

I actually don't press the button harder, I just keep pressing. Then I take the back off and twist the batteries around a few times. That works for about another few hours.
Try talking to the robot lady "channel.... channel.... finally trying "change to channel...PLEASE!" Then you realize she needs "juice" you know.

Unless they know what they are doing, I wouldn't advise anyone to take their computer keyboard apart. The little remotes are pretty simple. The hard part is getting them open. Sometimes it's just a couple screws, but often it involves prying apart plastic snaps.

Don

Back