This long handled grabber is a great investment for us

I'm surprised so many of us use these. I have a couple of these:

71nGr9N6XYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012C27RO0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Many times I have helped people reach for items on the top shelves at grocery stores. I always wonder why they don't carry a grabber with them.
We should start a movement to get all seniors to email their favorite grocery stores and recommend they hang one of these at every aisle.
I have one that was my mother's. I mostly use it to fish cat toys out from under the bed.

If my son, who I nicknamed "Tall Thing" is here, I simply get him to get things I anticipate I'll need down for me. My grabber is like the one on the right in your picture.
Tall Thing is definitely better in so many ways, :love::)
But when not having one of those handy,:);)
then, a plain grabber does at least a tiny portion of what a wonderful tall thing would or might do!:):LOL:

Last edited:
I have three of these long handled grabbers in the apartment *pictures below*. One in my bedroom, one in the living room, and one in my kitchen. They are excellent for those of us who have issues bending down to grab things, or those in a wheelchair.For me, it is also my balance issues, meaning I have some issues with my balance if I try to bend over to reach things from the floor, and then standing up.
They are all different styles, I have one of each of these, and the angle of the "hook" is best for me.

View attachment 181733 View attachment 181734
Absolutely couldn't agree more! Been a lifesaver for me twice!

i bought one last year after watching a snake slither into my garden, not only does it pick up garden waste but with the long handle you can poke it around to scare those stinkin snakes off. it also works great for reaching up & pulling the chain on the paddle fans & keeps me from having to drag the step stool out. i even used it one time to pick up trash that a bear had spread around in the yard while looking for something to eat. it really is a nifty little tool as well as a great value for the few $$$ it cost...i should have got one years earlier.

I found a couple of these type reachers at the Dollar Tree store. They are not the most sturdy and I expect they would break if I tried to use it with anything that was very heavy but so far they have been up to the job.

I keep thinking I should bring it to the supermarket the next time I go shopping. Somehow, whatever I want always seems to be on the top shelf, and I have to find someone who's six feet tall to get it down for me.
Great idea! I have that problem too.

I have one that I inherited from my parents. My mother kept it near her bed or recliner all the time. Never thought I'd be needing it. Glad I kept it.

Back