This one is for the Canadian contingent,eh?

It was announced today that Canada is preparing to increase our commitment to assisting America in it's war against terrorism. We have promised to commit two of our largest battleships, 6000 armed troops, and 60 fighter jets. However, after the exchange rate is factored, that comes down to a canoe, two Mounties, and a flying squirrel. hahahahahaha! :eek::playful::playful:

Thanks Shalimar, I like the squirrels' little faces. The Miller is a species of moth, as seen in Wiki, apparently found overseas.:)

One of my Canuck friends informs me that we have a problem. Apparently, flying squirrels are protesting en masse at Canadian embassies world wide against species discrimination. More protests expected tomorrow. Yikes! Oh well, the squirrels were a questionable addition to an already over stretched budget! HaHaHaHaHa!

Speaking of "across the pond", my Surname is English because my Dads father was from Briton so I am a product of England, France, Germany, Ireland, and Cherokee Indian, USA.

"... a canoe, two Mounties, and a flying squirrel..."?? With the current Congressioal leadership, even though sent to us to assist, it would mean trouble. The canoe would be deemed necessary for the Department of Defense. A defense contractor, after lobbying Congressmen, would be given a contract for $2 billion to retrofit the canoe with a sail. If the sail turned out to be merely a handkerchief, he'd still be paid the $2 billion plus another billion for additional research to develop the handkerchief. The two Mounties would be thought to be "gubmint employees" and would lose all pension and benefits. The bill that would cut the Mounties' benefits would have an amendment raising the salaries of the members of that Congressional committee. As far as the "flying squirrel"??? The Canadian government would be condemned for exporting undocumented squirrels to the U.S. Even though this flying squirrel was well trained and would work hard to bolster the defenses of the U.S., he would be denied education and medical benefits. If the squirrel petitioned for the right to vote, he would immediately be deported back to Canada... after stripping him of his nuts.

Yes... the current Congress of the U.S. would even screw up a flying squirrel.

Back