Transgender woman wins Miss Nevada crown

OK, but she is not a she, correct? I could never figure out how someone can change their gender. You are what you until you die. Transgender my a$$. Remember that post from a day or so ago (or maybe I heard about this on TV) where the man (transgender) walked into a lady's spa with no clothes on and had his Johnson hanging out to dry? WTH?? With so many of these loonies running around, I have to wonder, "What crapola is next?" Even the word (transgender) is made up.

Transgender...didn't they used to be transvestites?

Men that like to dress up in women's clothing....that's what we called them, or they called themselves, when I was growing up.

An area in San Francisco was dedicated to these types of live shows. (The Tenderloin or North Beach)

30-40-50 yrs ago, this isn't anything new.

I am hardly an expert on this subject, but my understanding is that a transvestite refers only to the person's desire to wear the clothes of the opposite sex. I've never heard of a woman transvestite, though maybe they do exist. And the difference in clothes isn't so dramatic. A woman can easily get away with wearing a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, etc. and jeans. So what? It's not the same as a man wearing an evening gown and heels, jewelry and makeup. But the word "transvestite" is always about clothing.

The other two words you listed, Becky, I think have the same meaning. A transsexual (or transgender person) has come to believe they actually are the opposite gender. They feel "trapped" in the wrong body. In my opinion, this is a denial of reality and a kind of mental illness. I can't understand why the media are giving this tragic condition all this support, and acting like it's just another political movement, and their "rights" are being violated.

Also, I don't think it's at all the same thing as being gay. A gay person does not deny being the gender that he/she is.

I wonder, what happens if a transgender person is also gay? That's enough to make your head spin!

I've never heard of a woman transvestite
Marlene Dietrich cross dressed
iu
iu

In the Female Eunuch Germaine Greer noted that the perfect image of a beauty queen in more easily attained by a man than by a natural woman. Long legs, slim hips, less fat - makes sense to me. Drag queens have been taking advantage of this for years.
In Greer's and our time, yes. But for the major portion of history, slim hips and less fat were definitly not considered very attractive.

The epitome of feminine beauty in ancient times, Venus DeMilo was no Skinny Minnie.
686f02639e276296741c968ba4ff10e3.jpg

Transgender...didn't they used to be transvestites?

Men that like to dress up in women's clothing....that's what we called them, or they called themselves, when I was growing up.

An area in San Francisco was dedicated to these types of live shows. (The Tenderloin or North Beach)

30-40-50 yrs ago, this isn't anything new.
It's my understanding that a "Transgender" has had surgeries (partial or complete) to try to be the other.......uh......thing.

Bringing "God" into it alienates many people who might otherwise agree with you Tom. This is not a religious matter, and anyone can say God wants things to be the way you want them, which proves nothing.

But I would completely agree with the statement "People are either one gender or the other, from birth throughout their life." It's written in our chromosomes, in every cell of our body. The fact that we may not want to be the gender that we physically are does not change the facts. There is no magic bullet for this. Even people who have had the surgery have only changed the appearance of their body to approximate the gender they want to be. It does not make them that other gender.

But bringing God into the discussion only opens a can of worms, and proves nothing. We can give God the blame or the credit for everything on earth, good or bad.

OK, but she is not a she, correct? I could never figure out how someone can change their gender. You are what you until you die. Transgender my a$$. Remember that post from a day or so ago (or maybe I heard about this on TV) where the man (transgender) walked into a lady's spa with no clothes on and had his Johnson hanging out to dry? WTH?? With so many of these loonies running around, I have to wonder, "What crapola is next?" Even the word (transgender) is made up.
Why do men have a problem with the word *****? And, while I am thinking about it, why do woman have a problem with the word breast? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Back