Undecided whether to put up a Christmas tree, etc.?

I didn't want everyone to think that I was anti Christmas because we've never put up a tree in over 45 years so today I solved the problem while in the auto parts store......now I'll be in the Xmas spirit all year long.

View attachment 234142
My ex-husband, RIP, used to hang this same exact one in his truck to hide the alcohol smell seeping out of his pours, in case he ever got pulled over.
Thanks for the memory...lol

We haven't had a tree in almost 10 years. We sold our artificial tree (which weighed a ton!) and all my decorations when we moved to AZ. Recently, I told my husband we were putting up a tree this year since we moved back to PA and it will seem more like Christmas. He just groaned and didn't say anything. I thought he was just being his usual Scrooge...haha. I've changed my mind about putting up a tree. I don't think I have the enthusiasm as I once did. We don't have any family here and no grandchildren. I'll just put out some of my decorations and call it done :)

Christmas!! Bah Humbug!!!! Over the years, I put up fewer and fewer decorations. I stopped when on one early Xmas morning, instead of Christmas joy, my first thought was "Oh. god, now, I have to put all this away". Things change. My parents had this Xmas platter that they put all the Xmas cards on. For a while I did the same, but a platter full of Xmas emails just doesn't do it.

Back