Unvaxxed members - a question?

chic

SF VIP
For those still unvaxxed how do you feel about your decision? What made you make it? What was your attitude like at the time and has it changed?

I feel I made the best decision for myself at the time and it has worn well. I was always uncomfortable with the no product liability clause pertaining to the covid 19 vaccines. This had me back off immediately and nothing changed my mind about it. I felt a "wait and see" approach would be best regarding this vaccine and I am still glad I waited because my feelings have not changed about the vax, that the risks outweigh the benefits. I am at ease with my decision. How about you?

I'll be honest with you, chic. The first appointment & the follow-up were arranged by my daughter-in-law. She was the one up till 4am securing these first very hard to get appointments. Grandparents, there are 3 of us, wouldn't be allowed in to see our only grandchild without this. So, no question, trusted DIL's judgement and she is a med pro.

I never questioned my decision as unfortunately I am in medical settings a lot, so had to adhere to requirements.

Like you, I am at ease with my decision.

eta
oops. Is this only for unvaxxed? sorry!!

I'm not Unvaxxed.. but my Daughter is.. She like you Chic, is very aware of her own body, she's someone who watches what she eats, and exercises regularly, always has been . She researched at the time very thoroughly, and decided against having the vaccine. Thus far she hasn't regretted that decision, and I hope she ever has cause to.. :)

I am very thankful that this vaccine was available to me, because I did get a mild case of covid, which could have been much worse than mild without the vaccine. In fact, it very likely could have killed me at my age. With the vaccine, for most of us the disease is no worse than a mild case of flu. I've had colds that were a lot worse. Thank God that science came to the rescue for so many of us.

I was also concerned about the possible side effects, especially of a vaccine that was pushed through trials so fast. A corona virus is essentially what a common cold or flu is, and they had said for as long as I can remember that there is no such thing as a vaccine for the common cold.
If you looks at the statistics for influenza vs covid, you will see that once they started telling people they had covid, almost no one was considered as having the flu for the last few years.

I believe that the same precautions that keep me safe from getting the flu virus will also protect me from getting the covid virus, and i do not have to worry about serious side effects .
However, I have a really good immune system, and I am not saying that no one should be vaccinated if they believe they need it; we all have to make our best decisions based on our own health.

I was also concerned about the possible side effects, especially of a vaccine that was pushed through trials so fast. A corona virus is essentially what a common cold or flu is, and they had said for as long as I can remember that there is no such thing as a vaccine for the common cold.
If you looks at the statistics for influenza vs covid, you will see that once they started telling people they had covid, almost no one was considered as having the flu for the last few years.

I believe that the same precautions that keep me safe from getting the flu virus will also protect me from getting the covid virus, and i do not have to worry about serious side effects .
However, I have a really good immune system, and I am not saying that no one should be vaccinated if they believe they need it; we all have to make our best decisions based on our own health.
Yes, I did see that graph of no flu in 2020/2021 but tons of covid cases. Makes one wonder doesn't it?

Yes, I did see that graph of no flu in 2020/2021 but tons of covid cases. Makes one wonder doesn't it?
I recalled this post, and subsequently searched for it, under 'My Covid' from Dec 11/22, #5:

Shipboard this Fall, westbound from Greece to Florida, after testing negative a zillion times, my supervisor and I simultaneously experienced quite intensive headaches - having been told, (correctly or incorrectly) that crew members taking time off weren't paid, we went down to the ship's doctor.

Madame tested positive, me negative - they decided to run a more comprehensive test on me, one that took 40 minutes to obtain results....still negative for covid, but positive for flu.

My feeling is that the pharmaceutical companies rushed to get the vaccine out to the public and it wasn't tested thoroughly enough to suit me. Later, I heard some people had very adverse reactions, even resulting in death. I figured:
1) I'll never get COVID
2) I'll get it and get over it and have natural immunity
3) I'll get it and NOT get over it which would be the same as those that succumbed anyway

Last edited:
Many people that I know that chose to NOT get shot are great with their decision ........
More importantly some who did get are NOT thrilled with theirs.
A company i temped at wrote a very interesting IMO letter when they chose to drop their mandate....

Basically it spoke to the changing information .... the changing view effectiveness of shots ....and differing views.
It is TIME to move on from did you or did you not ........ NO one cares except those who felt their view was the only one.

the truth is from the beginning many had almost no issues with Covid ... other then a mild flu ... some had No symptoms .....

so if a person got the shot ... then got covid and believe without it they would have been worse ................i just smile and let them believe although it is impossible to ever prove a negative..... some of those people who got shot and still were ill seem angry that the un vaxxed did not all suffer a horrible fate...

Because of our age and breathing issues, we both had the shots. My daughter and SIL both refused and didn’t have any problems. My other two sons choose to have theirs.
I;ve said this already on one of the many threads in the past covering this same topic. I held out , not getting the Vaccine for over a year.. and I'd had Covid.. but because I was newly retired, and staying home ( we had no choice we had many months of lockdown here).. I felt I didn't need to get it.. even when I did go out to the permitted areas I wore a mask and gloves because clearly I didn't want to risk getting so poorly again.. but when the Lockdowns were lifted completely, I felt that if I was to go back out into the real world and mix with people I needed to get the shot.. I could have continued without, and never got Covid again, who knows .. but I wasn't prepared to risk it.. so that's the reason I got the vaccinations. I've had 3.. I think some people are on number 6 now.. I won't have any more.. !

For those still unvaxxed how do you feel about your decision? What made you make it? What was your attitude like at the time and has it changed?

I feel I made the best decision for myself at the time and it has worn well. I was always uncomfortable with the no product liability clause pertaining to the covid 19 vaccines. This had me back off immediately and nothing changed my mind about it. I felt a "wait and see" approach would be best regarding this vaccine and I am still glad I waited because my feelings have not changed about the vax, that the risks outweigh the benefits. I am at ease with my decision. How about you?
seems lots of folks that I know have developed serious problems since vaxed a year or two or three ago, mysteriously......just not seems, coincidental.....everyday it seems to get a bit more clearer!

I was never vaxxed.
I had a 3 week flu which I assume was covid since my live in son tested positive for covid at the same time.

I have to say that the strong arm methods were a big turn off to me and made me wonder if the threat was being over exaggerated.

I never saw that kind of authoritarian approach to anything before in my lifetime.

Wonder how much flu was "diagnosed" as covid?

I took the initial vax as did my husband. We thought they, would keep everything open. Boy were we wrong. We both won't get any more nor any future shots like this.

My kids chose not to take the vax & I'm glad they did. I worry about what could happen to them in the future or to any children they may have.
I think of the flormideride babies.

These covid threads make me crazy. We could debate this till doomsday and beyond.
And they still repeat the same old conspiracy nonsense. I will get the latest booster in the future, and like Senior Ben, I will also get a pneumonia vaccine, which I have never had. I believe that a lot of folks who die from the flu actually die from complications, like pneumonia. Like Sunny, I'm glad there was a vaccine available to fight off this deadly worldwide virus.

Wonder how much flu was "diagnosed" as covid?

I took the initial vax as did my husband. We thought they, would keep everything open. Boy were we wrong. We both won't get any more nor any future shots like this.

My kids chose not to take the vax & I'm glad they did. I worry about what could happen to them in the future or to any children they may have.
I think of the flormideride babies.
Yup. I thought of that too. :confused:

Many people that I know that chose to NOT get shot are great with their decision ........
More importantly some who did get are NOT thrilled with theirs.
A company i temped at wrote a very interesting IMO letter when they chose to drop their mandate....

Basically it spoke to the changing information .... the changing view effectiveness of shots ....and differing views.
It is TIME to move on from did you or did you not ........ NO one cares except those who felt their view was the only one.

the truth is from the beginning many had almost no issues with Covid ... other then a mild flu ... some had No symptoms .....

so if a person got the shot ... then got covid and believe without it they would have been worse ................i just smile and let them believe although it is impossible to ever prove a negative..... some of those people who got shot and still were ill seem angry that the un vaxxed did not all suffer a horrible fate...
This is like my family. Most got the shot and those who did now regret it. And yeah, I know what you mean about the vaccinated being angry that the unvaxxed are still alive and well. I guess there was a lesson learned here for everybody. :unsure:

These covid threads make me crazy. We could debate this till doomsday and beyond.
This isn't a debate. It's a direct question, with direct answers, to unvaccinated folks on SF, of whom there are more than I thought, about whether or not they are happy with their decision to skip the covid 19 vaccine, and why and how they came to decide to remain unvaccinated. It seems definite to me.

Back