Unvaxxed members - a question?

You apparently missed my last sentence: ..."people with acute asymptomatic or very mild infections are capable of transmitting the disease and, again, those cases occur in both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals."
No - I simply chose not to comment since you already invalidated most of your own post with it

Unvaxed here, had Covid 2x...Still will not do the vaccine. Wouldn't vax no matter what!....My decision. My children refused it also...they are all grown with families of their own. Not enough medical data for me...Have seen people I care about die (they were vaxed). I respect anyone's decision to be vaxed. This is a personal decision everyone must make for themselves, in the end each person answers to the consequences (good/bad) for their decisions. God Bless Everyone.

No - I simply chose not to comment since you already invalidated most of your own post with it

The authors of the article you copied and pasted put "Typhoid Mary" in quotes because they realized, like I wrote above, that Mary's transmission of Typhoid bacteria was food borne (it's primarily transmitted through fecal contamination so she likely had poor hygiene practices). It's unfortunate that they used the "Mary" analogy regarding a respiratory viral infection. The lack of symptoms is the only thing in common between Mary and asymptomatic Covid transmission.

Since vaccinated people still get Covid, those who are asymptomatic or slightly ill are as likely to spread the virus unawares as unvaccinated people.

She died in 1938 - 85 years ago - when her name is used today it is as a symbol of an individual who carries the means of a disease infection, but who is themselves, without symptoms It's use does not refer to any particular lifestyle, cleanliness regime or employment. It is simply symbolic

Tough question! Many who never got the shots are very much alive. Many who did get the shots had adverse effects and some are even dead! Go figure!
So, by that logic, many people who love chocolate ice cream are dead, from various causes. And many people who love vanilla ice cream are still alive. So, what does that prove?

Of course, many people who were vaccinated are now dead. As we all will be, some day. But the only meaningful question is: What percentage of the vaccinated died of Covid, compared with the percentage of the unvaccinated?

It falls in the category of anecdotal experience, just as someone who got vaxed dosen't know for sure that he didn't get Covid because he was vaxed. I followed the science, fumbling as science always is, especially at the beginning of the accumulation of actual knowledge because I still trust it more than someone on the internet without any qualifications or scientific interests. I didn't get Covid, at least not yet, so it makes me happy. I'm happy for anyone who didn't get Covid, no matter why they didn't get it.
I told someone the same thing. I didn’t get vaccinated and I didn’t get the virus. He told me maybe I got it, but never knew I had it. I suppose that’s possible. I told another person and they told me “You must have a really strong constitution.” I don’t know what that was supposed to mean. My neighbor got the first 2 shots and tried to talk me into it and I lied to him and told him I would, but never did.

After he got the second booster, he became very sick and they told him he had COVID. A few days later, he was in the hospital. I saw his wife outside at her mailbox and I asked her how Jim was doing. She said he didn’t have COVID after all. I said “That’s good.” She told me no it wasn’t. He has lung cancer and they were going to take out half of his left lung. That was about 2 years ago. He’s been sick ever since. He doesn’t go anywhere or doesn’t have an appetite (he’s so skinny now) the doctors sent him home and told him that they did all they could for him.

I was amazed that they took it so casually, like they didn’t care. He walked around the house all day in his robe. He’s about 50, maybe. I told him he needs to get a second opinion. I have a friend (actually she’s my wife’s friend) that’s a doctor at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. I asked her to make him an appointment and I would make sure he got there. It’s only 600 miles and he won’t fly because he is afraid of heights, so I drove him and his wife and my wife. He had to stay there for at least 2 days, so we got a hotel in downtown Baltimore next to the hospital. The doctor told the wife that he was suffering from Pernicious Anemia, dehydration and a bacterial infection, so they put him on a couple of IV drips. We were there for almost a week, but he is much better and is back to work. I asked the doctor if it was necessary to take out part of his lung. She said he did have cancer, so he will have to have check-ups every 6 months for the next 3 years.

They are really good people, but too trusting.

I told someone the same thing. I didn’t get vaccinated and I didn’t get the virus. He told me maybe I got it, but never knew I had it. I suppose that’s possible. I told another person and they told me “You must have a really strong constitution.” I don’t know what that was supposed to mean. My neighbor got the first 2 shots and tried to talk me into it and I lied to him and told him I would, but never did.

After he got the second booster, he became very sick and they told him he had COVID. A few days later, he was in the hospital. I saw his wife outside at her mailbox and I asked her how Jim was doing. She said he didn’t have COVID after all. I said “That’s good.” She told me no it wasn’t. He has lung cancer and they were going to take out half of his left lung. That was about 2 years ago. He’s been sick ever since. He doesn’t go anywhere or doesn’t have an appetite (he’s so skinny now) the doctors sent him home and told him that they did all they could for him.

I was amazed that they took it so casually, like they didn’t care. He walked around the house all day in his robe. He’s about 50, maybe. I told him he needs to get a second opinion. I have a friend (actually she’s my wife’s friend) that’s a doctor at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. I asked her to make him an appointment and I would make sure he got there. It’s only 600 miles and he won’t fly because he is afraid of heights, so I drove him and his wife and my wife. He had to stay there for at least 2 days, so we got a hotel in downtown Baltimore next to the hospital. The doctor told the wife that he was suffering from Pernicious Anemia, dehydration and a bacterial infection, so they put him on a couple of IV drips. We were there for almost a week, but he is much better and is back to work. I asked the doctor if it was necessary to take out part of his lung. She said he did have cancer, so he will have to have check-ups every 6 months for the next 3 years.

No, there is really no moral to the story, but the reason to put his story out there is that like so many others who have written about their COVID vaccine experience, the vaccine is not a guarantee that you will or won’t get COVID. It’s still in the experimentation field and we are the rats.

We have all heard the stories about the young children becoming I’ll after the stick, the same for teen males with heart complications and then there are the others that have gotten sick or even died, but when death occurs after a vaccination, it’s not always vaccine related. This is why people say each must decide for themselves if they are willing to take the “risk.” And we know that there is a risk, with it or without it. It’s a roll of the dice.

I decided to take the risk. I guess it’s possible that I could have carried it without actually getting the virus. I don’t argue for or against the point of getting the shot. I just think each must decide for themselves.

People forget also that there is something called efficacy. The mrna vaccines were reported to have about 95 percent efficacy. That meant that approximately 5 percent of vaccinated persons had limited ..if any…protection. Also of note there were multiple types of vaccines created worldwide. Not many were mrna. The mrna have proven to have the highest efficacy while some hit only about 60 percent. No wonder countries were begging for the technology.

For those still unvaxxed how do you feel about your decision? What made you make it? What was your attitude like at the time and has it changed?

I feel I made the best decision for myself at the time and it has worn well. I was always uncomfortable with the no product liability clause pertaining to the covid 19 vaccines. This had me back off immediately and nothing changed my mind about it. I felt a "wait and see" approach would be best regarding this vaccine and I am still glad I waited because my feelings have not changed about the vax, that the risks outweigh the benefits. I am at ease with my decision. How about you?
"safe and effective"...what happened to that?

For those still unvaxxed how do you feel about your decision? What made you make it? What was your attitude like at the time and has it changed?

I feel I made the best decision for myself at the time and it has worn well. I was always uncomfortable with the no product liability clause pertaining to the covid 19 vaccines. This had me back off immediately and nothing changed my mind about it. I felt a "wait and see" approach would be best regarding this vaccine and I am still glad I waited because my feelings have not changed about the vax, that the risks outweigh the benefits. I am at ease with my decision. How about you?
it seems to be ..always....about the money...

infromation is there.....online.and elsewhere it is not readily availabe for the same reason many many folks are underinformed ...but it is there --if your a researcher or can find reputable researchers......like most of the other bs we have be subjected too in the last 80 years or so....."hocus pocus" then there are the kruger-dunning syndrome folks....lots of em.--simply refamilerize yourself with the wars, assasinations, global politial upheaveal, etc.---whistleblowers and on and on....it is, informed, uninformed, uncaring, caring, etc...shazam

I've had all 4 vaccines plus pneumonia but I did get a slight CoVid positive which only lasted a week. My eldest sister now nearly 83 refused to get the CoVid injections. All her siblings did and they couldn't convince her to get it. It seems the people from her Church didn't get the shots also. She said it was un-natural .

I did not take any Covid vaccines and very proud of my decision. I did not get Covid until January 2023. I was only sick for about three days. I was up in my recliner most of those days. No symptoms except malaise and cough. I did lose my taste for some things for about a month.

I am a Registered Nurse and I was blasted for not taking the vaccine. I have two daughters and their husbands, nine Grandchildren, five step grandchildren and three great grandchildren. All had COVID at one time. The only ones in my family that took the vaccine are one grandson and his wife, one step grandson and his wife ( only because she is a Doctor) and one step grandson who is a professional athlete.

I did not take any Covid vaccines and very proud of my decision. I did not get Covid until January 2023. I was only sick for about three days. I was up in my recliner most of those days. No symptoms except malaise and cough. I did lose my taste for some things for about a month.

I am a Registered Nurse and I was blasted for not taking the vaccine. I have two daughters and their husbands, nine Grandchildren, five step grandchildren and three great grandchildren. All had COVID at one time. The only ones in my family that took the vaccine are one grandson and his wife, one step grandson and his wife ( only because she is a Doctor) and one step grandson who is a professional athlete.

I lost my taste too but only for a few days, luckily. No other terrible effects. Everyone seems to have caught covid or some kind of flu. The vaccine didn't seem to change that. Thanks for weighing in. It's good to hear from an RN.

No moral, but simply suggesting that doctors sometimes make a wrong diagnosis. Jim has since been going to an Oncologist and Jim said he is at Stage 4. They told him he probably has a year at most. I feel bad for him because he is not a strong person and has already lost a lot of weight. He does 2 weeks on chemo and then off 1 week. He told me and another friend just last night that he feels like throwing in the towel now and let the disease take its course. I forgot to add that he also goes to a thoracic surgeon that keeps an eye on his lungs. If the cancer returns and metastasizes, then everything will change.

At 87, I am in a high-risk group. I believe in science and in what top medical government officials advise. I had Pfizer Covid shots on 1/27/21, 2/18/21, 9/27/21, 4/5/22, 9/15/22, and on 5/23/23. I am eager to take the next shot: "This fall's COVID-19 vaccine should target the XBB.1.5 variant and for the first time not take aim at the original virus, a federal advisory committee recommended Thursday." https://news.yahoo.com/next-covid-vaccine-booster-shot-205622284.html

I am frequently taking an at home Covid test and always have been negative. Next month I'll be on an airplane and will be wearing a N95 mask that protects me from others. I respect people who think and act otherwise, but I am scared of long-Covid and prefer to play it safe. I believe the benefits outweigh the risks in the same way as I have taken all other shots that my Kaiser Permanente doctor recommended.

Last edited:

At this time I am still comfortable with my decision.
I am not saying that in the future, I will not change my decision.

As soon as mid September there may be a new Covid vaccine targeted at the Eris variant. Count me in!

As for what compelled me to take previous vaccinations — common sense and no fear of needles. Ill effects? There were none. BTW another vaccine that I would recommend that all members of this forum consider is Shingrix, an important way of dealing with the shingles virus lurking in most of our bodies.

Last edited:
As soon as mid September there may be a new Covid vaccine targeted at the Eris variant. Count me in!

As for what compelled me to take previous vaccinations — common sense and no fear of needles. Ill effects? There were none. BTW another vaccine that I would recommend that all members of this forum consider is Shingrix, an important way of dealing with the shingles virus lurking in most of our bodies.
You don't get shingles if you never had chicken pox.

You don't get shingles if you never had chicken pox.
If you’ve never had chicken pox, you can get it from someone with shingles. Best of avoid them.

If someone doesn’t remember if they had chicken pox, there’s a test that can be done.

Last edited:

Back