Walking!

I don't have your energy, but I do have lots of windows....hhmmmmm
Hahaha. I guess they’ll be staying dirty then. 🥳

Walked an hour today. One thing I’ve noticed since this virus pandemic erupted is that I’m seeing far more people out and about. Today I saw a family of people in the forest so I went a different direction. It’s actually nice seeing others out and about enjoying fresh air and nature.

I just came home from my walk here. Nice walking path. Many people there today. Only a couple of people wearing masks.....haha.
See the source image

Nice walk today, almost 2 hours. Then back to the wood pile. Got all the stumps spilt and put in the shed. Brought a bunch inside.
A nice day...about 4 here right now. Feet up with a tea.
I never figured out how people can enjoy those temperatures. I lived in NE Ohio for a few years while going to college and I darn near froze to death. And then there's the snow. No way.

I dated a girl from out there while in college and I really considered popping the question to her, but we would often talk about a life together and she said that she would never consider leaving NE Ohio. I guess that I didn't love her enough.

I never figured out how people can enjoy those temperatures. I lived in NE Ohio for a few years while going to college and I darn near froze to death. And then there's the snow. No way.

I dated a girl from out there while in college and I really considered popping the question to her, but we would often talk about a life together and she said that she would never consider leaving NE Ohio. I guess that I didn't love her enough.
I live in Ontario also with the same temperatures.
This is what it looked like the other morning.
We get used to it. You dress appropriately with the right clothes and remember that your body heats up while walking. At 4 degrees I’ve been so hot from walking that I’ve taken my coat off many times. I’d rather walk in cool weather than stagnant and 🥵 hot. A61DB435-C464-4AD4-A8E4-F63E6F030923.jpeg

Today we went for a 2 hour walk along the river while both dogs got full of burrs. Now it’s taking me the rest of the day to clip them out.

We stopped to look at these guys first.
Aren’t they adorable? They are on the way to our walk.

AE7F27FE-301D-4BA4-B36E-3F4FE21E0F94.jpegABA22AC1-7384-457A-A9FA-8CC08F72DF51.jpeg

Here’s the river.

716504B7-B73A-4656-8231-D7CDBFA9B31B.jpegB6F7DCA9-4E16-4CB9-A152-1FB55E170D17.jpeg

There are places that still have ice but spring is definite on its way.

EA7962CE-2812-47DB-AEF3-69CA8B5A91F6.jpeg

Last edited:
I am a runner and I do it for many reasons. I suppose for the obvious health related reasons, but I have always seen it as something very enjoyable. I enjoy training for races that I enter several times throughout the year. I hope I can continue with running for many more years of my life.

It’s great seeing active seniors. Exercise is a big part of my life. I started jogging a while back but my lack of discipline put me to a halt however I’m still going for long walks everyday. Today my husband and I went for an extra long walk; over 2 hours at a fast pace , much of which was uphill. We ended up on an escarpment overlooking a valley with a river and barn.

We also saw many tree burls along the way. Burls are tree deformities which produce beautiful unique wood grains. Here is an interesting tree with deformity throughout which I’d love to be able to work with some of the wood from.

Another thing I love seeing this time of year are wild flowers.

There’s also a photo of a pond in a nearby neighbourhood I walked through yesterday.

D0EC70A9-8E79-4BEE-A953-42F721D7232D.jpegDBF6EB78-0377-4BDD-8837-9868930B3A63.jpeg092DA330-61D8-48A6-BB7D-67AC69C9753E.jpeg42E4029E-C737-4CB3-A979-3F3F2A0778E6.jpeg

We used to work out 4 days then walk 3 but with the fitness center closed we are walking 7 days. I typically walk 3 miles my wife walks 5. We've incorporated fit simply stretchy band resistance in our walking. Always thought walking beat sitting in a doctors office

I love walking for fun and for exercise. I went out this morning with the dogs in their stroller because it had rained last night and their long fur would get too wet if they were to walk. We went on a quick 2 1/2 mile walk to and around the inside of San Jose State. We do the same walk on the weekends and with the dogs walking it takes about twice as long.

When on vacation my wife and I like to go on hikes.

When I was working in London last year in late Jan and early February I walked around a lot. My favorite walk was from the hotel across the Tower bridge, up the Thames to the next bridge, back down the Thames past the Tower of London and then back to the hotel. It was a great walk about 2 1/2 to 3 miles long and doing it daily for two weeks helped me drop a little weight.

I’m still going for long walks everyday but now before we go I sponge down the dogs with cold water and bring a wet cloth in a zip lock freezer bag with water. It keeps them cool. Our Yorkie is 14 after all but she’s a really good sport.

Lately I’m bumping into more people. Some are horseback riding, some on quads or motorcycles, some walking their dogs. Yesterday a man and his dogs pulled up at a walking spot at the same time. I stayed in my car to see which way he was going so I’d go the opposite way. He must have been doing the same thing. Soon he got out and signed to roll my window down. I did and could tell he was really concerned that I was there first. He had big dogs which he was concerned about so asked where I was going to be walking. I decided to just let him know I’d find someplace else to relieve his tension. He was very grateful.

I saw this garden vegetable organizer the other day and thought I’d take a picture. A great idea.
93FEB558-0B5C-4583-89D6-A7947113BD97.jpeg57095C1F-FCE4-4D2B-B3A8-868EC0FF2BBF.jpegB5DD4D79-27ED-4388-82BE-44ACA6846D99.jpeg
There’s an old water mill building and some flowers.

Last edited:
I'm still taking my 2-3 daily walks as much as possible
I like taking my early walks in the morning after I get up which lately has been around 6:30 or 6:45.If its going to be a warm day,its nice to take the walk with cool temps before it gets too hot/humid to do so

Lately I’ve been walking an average of 5 to 6 miles a day. I’m leaving extra early before it gets too hot and others are up. Since I’m taking the stroller I can bring extra water, baby wipes, cell phone, mints, bug repellent, sunglasses and an umbrella or anything else I can think of. I’ve even got a small bowl with a screw on lid for giving water to the dogs. Today I noticed it needs cleaning so I’ve sprayed it down, taken it apart and thrown parts that are washer safe in the washer and am manually cleaning the rest. It’s made from a type of canvas and has old tent smell to it. Probably because it was stored in our shed which previously had a leaky roof which got fixed and I hadn’t really used it since now.

Anyway I just realized none of you are interested in all this but here are some cool things I’ve recently taken pictures of. Nature never ceases to amaze me.

Shadows
12088BAB-59BF-4949-91B9-2B9B4A0FC204.jpeg
An interesting maple burl
1F5AC85D-1386-4A56-9E93-2D6A2E9E7A51.jpeg
A bug chewed leaf
6DEA4062-5FC5-43F1-9357-A502A5D26664.jpeg
Streams of morning sunlight
B076C4AE-24D1-4244-9511-B5321381EAC1.jpeg
Man jogging through streams of sunlight. Strictly taken for experimental purposes only. ☺
C70C6D32-676E-44E8-B725-40B3A6021B24.jpeg

Last edited:

Back