We Have Panic Buying Of Gas In Our Area

Pecos

People are panicking about gas in our area. I was able to top of my wife's at the 3rd station I went to, but by the time I was able to return with my car all five of the stations were empty. She was down to 2/3 of a tank and needs her car more than I need mine these days. She does, after all, bring home the groceries which is a matter close to my heart.

I was down to 3/4, so I just came home and did not join the mob searching for another source. I did not see a huge increase in price.

Has anyone else on the East Coast been hit with this yet?

Last edited:
Pennsylvania State Police has received a report from the FBI that there is no national gas shortage and what is happening is panic buying. The Colonial Pipeline expects to open or reopen by the weekend or the end of the weekend.

I still think of it in Gallons...I never think of it as 5 litres..or 4.5 litres...
When you have a 75 year old MG Holly, you also have a ten gallon fuel tank.
One day, at the fuel pump I had the most hilarious wind-up. Always one for a joke, I'm carefully fuelling the car by looking into the fuel tank as I pump the fuel in. Reason being, when the MG was made, self-service was unheard of, so there's no sensor in the neck of the fuel tank. The only sensor are my shoes, when the fuel splashes over them, the tank's full.

This other motorist saw what I was doing and asked why I was looking into the fuel tank. I, rather wickedly, told him that fuel is dispensed in litres, my fuel tank is in imperial gallons, each gallon marked off by a line in the fuel tank, I am watching each line fill up because I'm metric ignorant. "Oh," he said and walked off to pay for his fuel. He then turned around, came back and said: "Do you know, I believed every word that you just said, it sounded so bloody plausible." I smiled at him. No fool like an old fool.

No panic gas buying here in Canada.....so far.....and i doubt that there will be.
But......
The price is getting up there again......1.29 per litre.....a whopping 5.16 per gallon......it has been higher.
Yours when converted to British pounds works out at just over £3.00 sterling... a gallon of fuel here unleaded.. is around the same price as yours..but it makes £6.45 per gallon... double the price of yours at the current exchange rate

This gasoline shortage, in the Southern and Eastern States, will probably last for at least another week....maybe two. Even if the pipeline is reopened by Friday(per the news reports), it will likely take at least another week until the gas station tanks are refilled. Adding to the problem will be the shortage of truck drivers who will be needed to deliver the fuel to all the neighborhood gas stations.

Things like these "hacks" make me wonder just what kind of software are these corporations, and government agencies running??? Are they still using Windows 95? Don't they have good Malware and Ransomware installed in their operating systems???

I suspect we will also see a dive in the stock markets for the remainder of this month, as this gas shortage causes all sorts of shutdowns, and causes some major economic losses. If all the disruption to the economy, due to this virus, isn't bad enough, forcing millions of people and many companies to cut back, and/or stay home, certainly will do some major damage to our economy.

More and more, it seems like traditional "warfare", with bombs and bullets, is being replaced by "technology".

Back