We Have Panic Buying Of Gas In Our Area

These events always beg the question, "Who would want to do this and why?" Getting more specific, I asked myself the question, "Who might not want us to have gasoline?" When hypothetical answers pop into my brain, I set them aside for future reference as more becomes known. (e.g, who is backing/funding/supporting the hackers?) It isn't a process of generating thoughts of conspiracy. It's a process called thinking. Questions are a good way to kick start thinking, neurogenesis being what it is..

Last edited:
It could just be crime just for the sake of money and they searched for a large vulnerable company who they thought would pay. There have been disclosures afterwards of payments in Canada. Every time according to our news reports, including this one, they’ve been able to trace it back to Russian hackers, with the disclaimer that they don’t know if it’s government approved.

There is NO gas shortage. The issue is getting the gas to where it's needed, or I could have just said "logistics."

I wasn't at the Academy today, so I don't have any updates, but I'm sure the issue will be resolved shortly. Yesterday, we were being told that the operators of the Colonial Pipeline would not restart the line (or open the line) until they were 100% certain that it's safe to do so. We asked if there had been a ransom paid, but the agent from the FBI would not give us an answer.

Of course, this issue has brought out the conspiracy theorists. One person called the FBI and told them that the U.S. government had attacked the computers that operate the line. Another blamed it on China and so on it went. BTW, other terrorist groups have also accepted blame for the line being shutdown.

We filled up our vehicle yesterday. There is no shortage of fuel here , at this time, but we are in the area where the attacked pipeline goes through, so if they can’t refill the local stations soon, we will be experiencing a shortage.
It appears that the news has panicked people everywhere, and even people not attached to this pipeline are concerned about having a gas shortage.

D50CFB52-F03A-4034-9137-6E0D70FF72A6.jpeg

PANIC buying doesn't describe it. Stupid eating utensils apparently storing gas in plastic bags. These dumb forks are asking of for a world of hurt and pain if that goes bad.

https://kfor.com/news/do-not-fill-p...-commission-warns-drivers-amid-fuel-shortage/

I've lived in hurricane zones where for the first few weeks most stations(that were open )could only offer gas every second or third day. People put in improper container like the blue kerosine cans instead of red gas can. But that was it.

But people, gas goes bad, gas stinks, it's corrosive and and many plastics will be disolved by gas. I thought I've seen it all but gas in plastic bags. NO FREAKING WAY. I even saw a pic of a guy pouring into trash cans.Oh what possibly could wrong with that.

Last edited:
So far no panic buying yet up here. Prices have jumped up but there were no lines at the station (just off the interstate) where I gassed up the bike this afternoon. In fact, I was the only one at the pumps.

may12_2021_gas-station.jpg

I paid about $3.35/gal. for the top grade

Last edited:
I'm glad you were at least able to fill up Mrs. Pecos' tank MB. How long will your 3/4 tank last you? Hopefully things will be flowing again by next week. I don't get people who let their tanks get so low. My father and my uncle (who was a mechanic) told me never let my car go below 1/4 tank of gas and never put gas in the car if the gas truck is at the pumps (refueling them).

When I told my son about it, he was still at work but planning to fill up. My HD was able to get gas last night after I called her and told her she needed to do it. I didn't get a chance to ask either of them if they noticed a jump in price.

Last edited:
We have a trip planned with our trailer in June. I hope this is over by then or we will have to cancel.

Looking as GasBuddy, it looks like almost every gas station around here is out of gas. Fortunately, we already have fairly full tanks in both cars.

What you need is a chicken farm. Then you can run the car on chicken poop. You think I'm joking?
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/methane_bate.html
In the 1990s I did some work at a sewage/water treatment works
in South London, they had their own power station on site and
they ran the diesel motors on the alternators with a mixture of
75% methane and 25% diesel, they had to use some diesel for the
oil content to lubricate the pistons, the methane was from human
waste.

Mike.

Even the airlines are in a crunch. Several routes have been rerouted and some have been cancelled. Call before you leave for the airport.

dashI'm glad you were at least able to fill up Mrs. Pecos' tank MB. How long will your 3/4 tank last you? Hopefully things will be flowing again by next week. I don't get people who let their tanks get so low. My father and my uncle (who was a mechanic) told me never let my car go below 1/4 tank of gas and never put gas in the car if the gas truck is at the pumps (refueling them).

When I told my son about it, he was still at work but planning to fill up. My HD was able to get gas last night after I called her and told her she needed to do it. I didn't get a chance to ask either of them if they noticed a jump in price.
Since my husband died I keep my tank 3/4 full all the time. I try to remember all the things he told me like always check my dashboard, use second gear instead of my brakes, don't follow too close, ( a hundred little things). Because I'm alone, my gastank never gets below 1/2 tank!

I just drove past a gas station with a very long line of cars extending into the road. Fortunately, my tank is pretty full, so I didn't need to stop there.

And my gas tank is kinda low.... but, I wasn't going to wait in that long line. I don't have to go anywhere in the next several days. And I can always use the hubs' vehicle.

The pipeline is supposed to be up and running normally by this weekend.

So, we've been through panic buying of gas and last year, TP. What's next?

If people would just make sure that their vehicle gas tank was full, and then not drive unnecessarily until the pipeline was open again, it would solve most of the problem. Instead, we are having people storing gasoline in all sorts of unapproved containers , and taking more fuel than they would need for a few days shortage, and this is what is making the problem so bad.

This picture shows someone filling up plastic bags with gasoline, which is about as unsafe as it can get.

D2B41EF6-C0EE-4B9B-9072-EE52C44C4FFE.jpeg

Back