Weight maintenance is so much harder than it used to be!

Get you metabolism up and you'll lose more faster. Weighing yourself every day is like watching your stock portfolio every day-you'll eventually go nuts nd leap from a tall building in a single bound!

Get you metabolism up and you'll lose more faster. Weighing yourself every day is like watching your stock portfolio every day-you'll eventually go nuts nd leap from a tall building in a single bound!

I need that daily feedback. The only times I have gained any significant amount of weight is when I wasn't weighing every day.

203 this morning. I don't know what's going on with my weight..

I did go a little over 2000 at 2135 yesterday but that shouldn't make any difference. Our power went out at 2:45 pm and Alabummer Power didn't get it back on till 7:15. Four and a half hours because we had a little afternoon thunder shower which happens almost every day here on the Gulf Coast in the summer. I swear living in Alabummer is a lot like living in a third world country. Except stuff is more expensive here.

Anyway couldn't cook so we went out to Cracker Barrel to eat. I was at 1300 calories when we went out and I figured it would be no problemo staying under 700 for dinner. So I got the Lemon Pepper grilled trout, with two orders of turnip greens and one of green beans for my 3 sides. Plus I also ate one of the corn muffins that came with it with a little thingy of butter. When I got home and the power finally came back on I looked up the calories and found that the two fish fillets were 330 calories. I had been expecting something more in the order of 220 for both. Then I found the orders of turnip green were going to cost me 100 calories each. I knew turnip greens have almost no calories but since they cook them in ham or bacon or whatever I had figured they might go 50 each, but not 100!. The green beans were 60. I was thinking 50 again for them because of the stuff they cook them with. But that wasn't much of a difference. But then came the corn muffin. The little thingy of butter I had with it was 35, about what I had expected. But the corn muffin was 210!. Jesus Christ! I was thinking 125, maybe 150 tops. So bottom line I had 835 calories for dinner. 135 over my budget. Which means I'm starting today 135 in the hole!.

201 this morning! So I dropped 2 from yesterday. I'm still only at the same point I was a week ago but it beats being higher.

Yesterday I started my calorie counting at 135 to pay back what I owed from the day before when I went over.

201 this morning! So I dropped 2 from yesterday. I'm still only at the same point I was a week ago but it beats being higher.

Yesterday I started my calorie counting at 135 to pay back what I owed from the day before when I went over.
Cracker Barrel food has a very high sodium content. It’s quite possible your gain Is from water retention to combat that.

I can pretty much guarantee I’ll weigh at least a pound more the morning after a meal that I know is very high sodium.

Cracker Barrel food has a very high sodium content. It’s quite possible your gain Is from water retention to combat that.

I think that was my problem yesterday.

And a few days before when my weight went up it was probably from that Lemon Pepper chicken I got from Wally World. I ate 1/2 of it for lunch one day and the other half for lunch the next day. That was one salty bird.

I've been weighing 'daily', but now at a given time
Mornings, after breakfast and a good poop (hey, I'm a dawg, gotta poop after every meal)
Down two lbs in two days, but it don't mean much unless it's sustained over a week or so.
Still, I'm takin' it

I did my 2 mile walk, then had breakfast (650 calories) and then a Bench Press workout. After that I was hungry again, so I ate lunch at 9am. Another 570 calories. So here it is not yet 9:30 am and I'm at 1220 calories. I've essentially done the same thing as some dude who get's paid on Friday and then goes out and blows most of it partying on Friday night. I feel nice and full and comfortable now, but it's going to be a long day with only 780 calories left. I'll be going to bed hungry tonight. :(

No carbs after 5:00 pm, I've heard.

I'm going to try to go with zero, or close to zero carbs for the rest of the day. With my pre-diabetic condition, if I eat fruit like Gary suggests I'll feel like I'm starving to death an hour later. Besides that, fruit gives me gas.

Dammitt Gary!

Now you've got it playing over and over in my head too!

Back