Weight maintenance is so much harder than it used to be!

Wikipedia's first describes this as a proposed eating disorder characterized by an excessive preoccupation with eating healthy food.
People become obsessive about all manner of things. Educated approaches to food intake are a whole different category and shouldn't be vilified or scoffed at.

I'm with you, Keesha. Our bodies tell us what fuel works best (and that sure changes over time, doesn't it!?!).

These days my diet is overall 95% (or more) plant based, low oil, very few processed foods (some vegan ice cream and an occasional Beyond Burger). At most one meal a week contains cheese, more rarely a bit of shellfish. I also avoid simple carbs.

My body and conscience feel better with that eating plan. Other people make their own choices.
YES our bodies tell us what works for us and it definitely DOES change over time. What once worked, may no longer.

Yesterday was day 9 of my diet break. Consumed 2400 caloroes. Weighed in at 201 lbs again this morning.

Five more days to go.

Heh, my 'compelsion' is weighing several times a day

The only good news about that is finding out the best (or worst) time of the day to weigh in
For me it seems it's in the early morning
That's when I weigh the most

I know that nobody wants to hear that I have to gain weight and how hard it is, something that was never a problem for me.

I got on the scale yesterday.."after thinking I’ve been eating a lot and I haven’t gained a single pound.

That kind of made me anxious..like I have something wrong with me...but I’m just probably not eating as many calories as I think I am.

Anyway...I told my daughter and she put a great spin on it for me.....

At least with all the holidays coming up...I can truly eat as much as I want without guilt.

Well...with my luck...things will turn around and by Thanksgiving I’ll be wishing I ate less, lol.

That’s how my life works.:)

Anyway...I told me daughter and she put a great spin on it for me.....

At least with all the holidays coming up...I can truly eat as much as I want without guilt.

My buddy in Alaska can eat anything and everything
Stuff himself to the gills
Not gain an ounce
Been that way since high school

I hate him for that

....aaaaand for all the freaking pics of big ass salmon he keeps sending me

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning for the first time in about two weeks, not sure what to expect. I've had a crazy couple of weeks, I've tried to stick to the diet best I could but did fall off the wagon a couple times. I don't feel any fatter if that's any indication.

My buddy in Alaska can eat anything and everything
Stuff himself to the gills
Not gain an ounce
Been that way since high school

I hate him for that

....aaaaand for all the freaking pics of big ass salmon he keeps sending me
I had a co-worker; she was 24. 5'2" & thin, maybe 90 lbs. She told us she had to shop for her jeans in the children's section.
We had a Christmas party at a buffet in a fancy hotel nearby. She sat next to me. I was thinking, "A buffet is a waste for her; with a stomach that small, she can't eat much." After TWO trips with salad, she make THREE trips with roast beef, potatoes, then she had THREE desserts. I could barely eat one plate full. (I'm 5'11" 170). She out ate several guys that weighed at least 250 lbs.
I asked her, "How can you eat that much; where's it all going?" She said, "I really don't know; I'm always hungry."

Down 2.4lbs this morning which brings me below the 210 mark @ 208.3. I'm very happy with how this round of dieting is going so far. I'm feeling better and my clothes are fitting better on me as well.

After two weeks of not weighing myself and a little bit of cheating, I'm happy to report that I am down 1.6lbs this morning. That brings my weight down to 206.7. I started this diet on August 19th at 216lbs, in just under a month I'm down a little over 9lbs. I'll take it!

Back