Weird thoughts...what are yours?

Why do we have child molesters?
Why do โ€œsomeโ€ people think itโ€™s a thrill to kill someoneโ€™s pet?

Like everyone else, I have a million questions that I will probably never get an answer to.

My weird thought is why didn't the cockroach develop into being human-like more than mammals. After all, we know that above all, that cockroaches are the most survivable creature about all others.

Evolution is all about survival of the fittest. The cockroach is already the fittest to survive. It doesn't need to evolve any farther.

I sometimes think back to when I was a kid and ponder on the fact that almost all of the adults that were alive then are now dead. And for sure, every dog that was alive then is now dead. Even if I think back to the 1980's, every dog and every cat that was alive then, is now dead. Even when I watch an old movie, from say the 1940's or even 50's, I think of how most, if not all of the people in that movie are now dead.

Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we're already there?

I think it became tradition at all Chicago Cubsโ€™ games when Harry Carey was alive. He started it during the beginning of his radio an TV announcing career of White Sox home games and then the Cubsโ€™ home games during the 7th inning stretch. I think Harry actually started with the St. Louis club.

Harry Careyโ€™s favorite line was, โ€œHoly Cow.โ€ He even named his chop house in Chicago the Holy Cow. I ate there once and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Itโ€™s just a song that gets people in the spirit of the event, IMO.

I have had that very same thought. Can't really shake it. I think that humans can take life,, but never really create it.

Funny, you should mention this. I always think to myself that if I kill the bug, Iโ€™ll be taking away a birdโ€™s, spiderโ€™s or other predatorโ€™s meal. Every animal and insect has a purpose. If I see a spider in the house, I snag it and put it outside thinking that it has a purpose for being here. The exception would be mosquitoes. Even though frogs eat their eggs, thereโ€™s just too many of them, not to mention the diseases they carry.

Thank you, C'est Moi "I wonder if all people see color the same. How on earth would we know? Maybe my green is actually red to Gary". That is something I have wondered about since I was a little kid. If I've been told that what I see is "RED", then, to me, that color is RED. How do I know what I call RED is what exactly is being seen by you, as RED?
Finally, someone gets it. :ROFLMAO: (I'm lookin' at YOU, RR!! ๐Ÿ˜›) Thanks, Fuzzy!!

I sometimes think back to when I was a kid and ponder on the fact that almost all of the adults that were alive then are now dead. And for sure, every dog that was alive then is now dead. Even if I think back to the 1980's, every dog and every cat that was alive then, is now dead. Even when I watch an old movie, from say the 1940's or even 50's, I think of how most, if not all of the people in that movie are now dead.
I think it became tradition at all Chicago Cubsโ€™ games when Harry Carey was alive. He started it during the beginning of his radio an TV announcing career of White Sox home games and then the Cubsโ€™ home games during the 7th inning stretch. I think Harry actually started with the St. Louis club.

Harry Careyโ€™s favorite line was, โ€œHoly Cow.โ€ He even named his chop house in Chicago the Holy Cow. I ate there once and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Phil Rizzuto used to say that too.

According to Wikipedia:

Jack Norworth, while riding a subway train, was inspired by a sign that said "Baseball Today โ€“ Polo Grounds". In the song, Katie's boyfriend calls to ask her out to see a show. She accepts the date, but only if her date will take her out to the baseball game. The words were set to music by Albert Von Tilzer. (Norworth and Von Tilzer finally saw their first Major League Baseball games 32 and 20 years later, respectively.) The song was first sung by Norworth's then-wife Nora Bayes and popularized by many other vaudeville acts. It was played at a ballpark for the first known time in 1934, at a high-school game in Los Angeles; it was played later that year during the fourth game of the 1934 World Series.[2]

Below are the lyrics of the 1908 version, which is out of copyright.

Katie Casey was baseball mad,
Had the fever and had it bad.
Just to root for the home town crew,
Ev'ry sou1
Katie blew.
On a Saturday her young beau
Called to see if she'd like to go
To see a show, but Miss Kate said "No,
I'll tell you what you can do:"

Chorus

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;