Well, pat my back and call me a conspiracy nut.

The governments (plural) Shero. We are federation of states, remember?

The Australian Open requires proof of vaccination of all the players and their teams or they cannot compete. This is not a government requirement. The tennis association is insisting on it. No exceptions including last year's champion, Djokovic.

I am currently experiencing pain in my right leg caused by a worn hip joint and I will need a hip replacement fairly soon. I would like to know that the surgeon, his assisant, the anaesthetist, the theatre nurses and the catering staff are all fully vaccinated. I'm sure they would all prefer me to be vaccinated too so I plan to have a booster before booking my hospital stay.

Then I hope that the people looking after me in rehab are also fully immunised. I still want to live to see more great grandchildren arrive.

Because I am not familiar with these terms. I investigated and it appears I am not incorrect at all since the government of Australia is referred to as the 'Australian Government', not governments of Australia. You should know that!

Secondly, I was not speaking of tennis, I was speaking of football and according to the ABC News: the Victorian government has requirements for a range of workers, including footballers, who must be vaccinated. Okay?

Covid tests and vaccinations are free to everyone in Australia. Everyone has access.
Same here, But like I said earlier, the vaccine stations are few and far between, and worst of all, quite a distance from a majority of our homeless camps, especially the larger ones. Also, I mentioned that I know a handful of folks who live in a homeless camp right across from a pharmacy that gives free vaccines; they went there and were vaccinated. But you have to realize, most of these people focus on finding their next meal, or getting a few bucks together for food or alcohol or weed, and just keeping their shoes, jackets and other stuff from getting stolen. Their lives are not at all like yours and mine.

Judging by what they tell me, if the city would go to where they are and set up a vaccine station, they'd line up. Of course, like 50% of them would be turned away for being under the influence of a substance, and some would walk away if they're asked their name and/or date of birth, but still, I think the city should do it. I mean, 45% to 50% is pretty good.

"What kind of an excuse for a human being actually says this stuff and means it."

Ha! Seriously you ask? There are a few right here in this forum.

Yes, there are. More than a few I'd say. Don't let it scare you, Becky, this is just to enlighten the rest of us to our reality. I remember as a kid reading books and watching war movies where people turned their neighbors in and I wondered, "How could anybody do that to their own?" Now we know.

Because I am not familiar with these terms. I investigated and it appears I am not incorrect at all since the government of Australia is referred to as the 'Australian Government', not governments of Australia. You should know that!

Secondly, I was not speaking of tennis, I was speaking of football and according to the ABC News: the Victorian government has requirements for a range of workers, including footballers, who must be vaccinated. Okay?

My point was that there are multiple governments in Australia issuing their own rules about vaccines. In some states, but not all, there are different quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated people (7 days) and for unvaccinated people (14 days). There are also certain occupations where vaccination is mandated and depending on whether they are governed by the states e.g. health and education, or by the commonwealth, the mandates can vary considerably.

In addition, non government agencies and commercial enterprises can require vaccination as a condition of employment as a duty of care for all of their employees.

My state, NSW, currently requires that places of worship can only permit fully vaccinated people to participate so my church has decided that we will not reopen until everyone can enter our building. In the meantime we are making do with online services. We are not prepared to ask people for proof of vaccination to worship and partake in the sacraments. It is unthinkable but unfortunately some places of worship have been a problem by defying the covid safe rules and have been the source of new clusters of infection.

I see a lot of crap on TV about how nurses & Drs are now being fired because of not getting the shot. Nowadays, the hospitals are crying because they do not have enough help.

What happened to all these Drs & nurses that have been in the hospital since day one in 2020 fighting to keep people alive. Of course, they never had any shots back then. But it was ok with the hospitals for them to work. Did the dictator over in DC make them change??

My point was that there are multiple governments in Australia issuing their own rules about vaccines. In some states, but not all, there are different quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated people (7 days) and for unvaccinated people (14 days). There are also certain occupations where vaccination is mandated and depending on whether they are governed by the states e.g. health and education, or by the commonwealth, the mandates can vary considerably.

In addition, non government agencies and commercial enterprises can require vaccination as a condition of employment as a duty of care for all of their employees.

My state, NSW, currently requires that places of worship can only permit fully vaccinated people to participate so my church has decided that we will not reopen until everyone can enter our building. In the meantime we are making do with online services. We are not prepared to ask people for proof of vaccination to worship and partake in the sacraments. It is unthinkable but unfortunately some places of worship have been a problem by defying the covid safe rules and have been the source of new clusters of infection.

Not a problem Warrigal :)

We “paranoid conspiracy nut's” have been warning that this would happen for the past year and a half. People who refuse to convert to the new official ideology and get the experimental jab are now being segregated, stripped of their jobs, banned from attending schools, denied medical treatment, and otherwise persecuted. :mad:
I disagree 😂 I said long ago that this would happen and I am not a conspiracy nut, but a realistic person

I am sick and tired of the media and those stupid photos of those long sticks being shoved up people's noses. This has been going on now for pretty well 20 months. When I see those daily titles in the media: "Coronavirus: What's Happening in Canada and the world" I never read them. I wish those 20/30 year old would stop trying to look sexy behind the masks and do some good in this world like figure out how to stop climate change. I got my passport, I'm moving to a new apartment at the end of next month and the best of all, I GOT A LIFE. I don't need media "doom and gloom".
You are behind the times, you now spit in a tube and avoid stick, up the nose that is. Men are good at spitting, they do it everywhere 🤮

Over 3,000 health workers in France were suspended because they have not been vaccinated against Covid-19. A new rule came into force made vaccination mandatory for the country's 2.7 million health, care home and fire service staff.
Many are now agreeing to get jabbed because they see that the vaccination mandate is a reality. The rule applies to all doctors, nurses, office staff and volunteers.

After President Macron’s announcement in September, Doctolib, the website people use to book their jabs, crashed as so many people tried to secure appointments.

What about the poor innocent children they want to jab. They're not making any decision yet may suffer for the government's decision for them.
Parents make decision for their children. It has always been this way, always will be this way. Btw, children in this day and age in the so called advanced countries are not innocent. Even my son Joey who has Down Syndrome and an IQ of 53, realized that having Covid-19 and being admitted to the hospital could be a death sentence.

I see a lot of crap on TV about how nurses & Drs are now being fired because of not getting the shot. Nowadays, the hospitals are crying because they do not have enough help.

What happened to all these Drs & nurses that have been in the hospital since day one in 2020 fighting to keep people alive. Of course, they never had any shots back then. But it was ok with the hospitals for them to work. Did the dictator over in DC make them change??
Yeah, we're supposed to believe there is a "Shortage" of doctors & nurses, but let's fire them if they don't want to risk their health with an experimental vaccine.
One of many things that don't add up - along with letting unvaccinated illegals in by the hundreds............

Let's put them in jail. Let them sit and think for thirty days about what THEY are doing to the rest of us. If they still won't get with the program and take the jab, then they'll have to be separated from the rest of decent society. As my favorite Australian has said, "we can't just let the unavaccinated run around wherever they want." Yes, let's bring that forward thinking to America. Of course, Americans are armed and Australians are not so that might be a tiny problem. But it comes down to this : we cannot allow these dangerous, disease spreading, unvaccinated cretans to mingle with the rest of us. They have NO excuses and only themselves to blame. Tongue very much in cheek. What kind of an excuse for a human being actually says this stuff and means it.

View attachment 190423
Delta has changed everything. I no longer think vaccinated or unvaccinated matters at all. What matters is finding a way to stay alive.

Well, look at it this way. First of all, someone who is vaccinated having "horrible reactions" is very rare, I know of nobody, including myself and my husband who had more than mild side effects which is a normal reaction from the immune system. In fact, my husband had no side effects at all with the J&J vaccine.

We both intend to get our booster shots and are glad to have a life saving vaccine available during a deadly worldwide pandemic. If I have a horrible reaction, it will affect only me.

This is now the pandemic of the unvaccinated. It is the unvaccinated who are overflowing our hospitals, affecting the health and well being of our medical workers, and dying in hospitals hooked up to ventilators. Unvaccinated people are most likely to spread the virus to others and make opening up and living normally much harder to do.

Vaccine mandates for employment is the wise thing to do, since there are so many irresponsible people around. If they get the vaccine to keep their job, it may also save their lives in the end. The majority of dead Americans, over 700,000 were unvaccinated.

My taking the vaccine does not affect you or other citizens in a negative way. Your refusing to take the vaccine affects your community, neighbors and our country as a whole. The only valid reason someone should not get the vaccine is a medical reason from their doctor, allergy to ingredients, etc. Many who can't take the COVID19 vaccine also can't take other vaccines either.
I too thought this had become a pamdemic of the unvaccinated until my fully vaccinated son caught covid from his fully vaccinated friend at the sheltered workshop where everyone is fully vaccinated; and which is now shut down due to all the clients, who are fully vaccinated that have caught Covid.

It is rare that I give advice, but here is my advice. Get the booster, wear your mask, worry less about the unvaccinated and more about the vaccinated who are catching Covid and passing it along.

Delta is a game changer.

The governments (plural) Shero. We are federation of states, remember?

The Australian Open requires proof of vaccination of all the players and their teams or they cannot compete. This is not a government requirement. The tennis association is insisting on it. No exceptions including last year's champion, Djokovic.

I am currently experiencing pain in my right leg caused by a worn hip joint and I will need a hip replacement fairly soon. I would like to know that the surgeon, his assisant, the anaesthetist, the theatre nurses and the catering staff are all fully vaccinated. I'm sure they would all prefer me to be vaccinated too so I plan to have a booster before booking my hospital stay.

Then I hope that the people looking after me in rehab are also fully immunised. I still want to live to see more great grandchildren arrive.
You go to rehab after a replacement? Here, we just go home.

Everytime I hear someone say they refuse to get vaccinated, I think about when I was young and they came out with the Polio Vaccine. I still remember being given a cube of sugar with the vaccine on it. No one I knew refused the vaccine and Polio disappeared. And other kinds of vaccines protected us from other diseases. So I think people should get vaccinated.
Kind of surprised that you don't seem to remember the disaster "Cutter Incident" from their experimental polio vaccine, or the fact that polio vaccines were first tried in the 1930's and it wasn't until the 50's that the vaccine became commonplace. So, that vaccine took years, not months to perfect.

You go to rehab after a replacement? Here, we just go home.
It's an optional extra. Two weeks in a cottage hospital devoted to rehab for people who have mostly had knee and hip replacements. It is pure luxury - a single room, great meals, physios who bring you forward gradually - not too slow and not too fast - a heated swimming pool and a small gym. There are nurses and doctors available. After the two weeks as an inpatient there is an outpatient program of physio involving two sessions of gym and pool over 4 weeks.

I have private health insurance and I am fully covered for this program. It has certainly helped my recovery from previous joint surgeries. I should have frequent flyer points by now. Given that this will be my 4th replacement surgery with the same surgeon I might suggest a discount for his services. :unsure:

I too thought this had become a pamdemic of the unvaccinated until my fully vaccinated son caught covid from his fully vaccinated friend at the sheltered workshop where everyone is fully vaccinated; and which is now shut down due to all the clients, who are fully vaccinated that have caught Covid.

It is rare that I give advice, but here is my advice. Get the booster, wear your mask, worry less about the unvaccinated and more about the vaccinated who are catching Covid and passing it along.

Delta is a game changer.
Aneeda, I'm very sorry about your son and wish him the best. You are right about Delta being a game changer, but it's still a fact that unvaccinated people are more likely to spread the virus, and more likely to be hospitalized and die from it. Hopefully a new variant won't come into play and make things worse. Good advice about boosters and masks, thank you.

Ah believe what you want. It's a free country still. I never believed I'd be immune to catching Covid. It is a corona virus, the common cold is a corona virus. The common cold virus has many variants this is why there has never been a cure for it. The flu is a virus that also has many variants. Every year a new flu shot is necessary. It's the idiotic conspiracy stuff like, when they inject the vaccine, they inject an egg that hatches a parasite inside you, or you become magnetic, you get a tracking chip the Mark of the Beast or other stupid damn crap that I find irritating. I tend to lump you all in the same pile of dumb then. Sheesh. But please Don't let me interrupt...

Yeah, we're supposed to believe there is a "Shortage" of doctors & nurses, but let's fire them if they don't want to risk their health with an experimental vaccine.
One of many things that don't add up - along with letting unvaccinated illegals in by the hundreds............
I agree. If, in reality, it was that bad they wouldn't be doing this. It's suspicious.

Kind of surprised that you don't seem to remember the disaster "Cutter Incident" from their experimental polio vaccine, or the fact that polio vaccines were first tried in the 1930's and it wasn't until the 50's that the vaccine became commonplace. So, that vaccine took years, not months to perfect.
Most vaccines do which is another thing that makes THIS vaccine particularly suspicious. I mean you can get covid, transmit it, be hospitalized with it and die from it just like the unvaxxed so why are the unvaxxed being vilified and losing their jobs?

vaccine covid meme.jpgvaccine meme f 2.jpg

The dictator is gone, the grown-ups are back in charge now.

Back