Went To My Doctor Today Conclusion: "Who Knows?"

fmdog44

Sad as it was curious when my doctor told me the Covid19 test they drew blood for is totally unreliable. One of her patients tested positive twice and never had it. She said repeatedly the medical world does not know what this virus is, what is capable of and if it will ever go away. I had blood drawn for four other general issues and so she said the virus blood test is nothing more than a data gathering tool in the long ongoing quest to figure what the hell is going on! Keep in mine this virus has been here since December of last year and nobody knows nothing. She is moving up to a more challenging position so today was my last visit with her. Bummer. There is a network executive I believe with NBC that tested twice negatively that had the virus and is scheduled to get out of the hospital this Monday.

Maybe we should stop listening to experts in the field of viral biology and ask what people on the street think is going on.
Like the sarcasm, and yet I believe one of our former prime ministers, Tony Blair has said there will always be political judgements, and decisions to be taken, when you've listened to all the experts there are in the world, (assessments on competing risks, where a "balanced scientific view" leaves an understandable degree of uncertainty). :( .

Sad as it was curious when my doctor told me the Covid19 test they drew blood for is totally unreliable. One of her patients tested positive twice and never had it.

How does she know she never had it? Some people are asymptomatic so she could very well have had it. then again, the tests could be wrong, but if you test positive twice?

False positives and false negatives are part of any medical test. The reliability of the test depends on how many of these turn up, and how many diagnoses are accurate.

A false negative could be the most dangerous. The person could then feel free to walk around unencumbered, and spread the disease to hundreds of people.

How does she know she never had it? Some people are asymptomatic so she could very well have had it. then again, the tests could be wrong, but if you test positive twice?
Name a single source that knows 100% of everything about this virus. My doctor's comments mirror what we see and hear every day from experts...whoops my bad, there are no experts because not a single person knows the answers. There is only one fool that professes to know everything but his name will not be mentioned here.

Name a single source that knows 100% of everything about this virus. My doctor's comments mirror what we see and hear every day from experts...whoops my bad, there are no experts because not a single person knows the answers. There is only one fool that professes to know everything but his name will not be mentioned here.

I totally agree, but not sure what that has to do with my post?

Back