What a woman said to me at the last senior's club meeting

At out local senior's meeting, we usually play Bingo. This time I actually won a prize - a sleeve of 6 "fun size" Milky Way candy bars. When I got back to my table after picking up my prize, the woman who was sitting next to me leaned over and whispered,"You really don't need that candy, you know."

I though it was a little forward of her. If the situation were reversed, even if I thought the same thing, I wouldn't say it. Why do some people feel they have to make snide comments?

I would've given her a big evil smile and said " Ohhh yes I DOOO!...beyatch".

LOL

"Actually I do need it. I suffer from low blood sugar. If I don't get a sugary chocolaty snack right after a hard game of Bingo, I'm liable to have a very bad reaction to people making rude judgmental comments to me!" LOL

Well there is just the remote possibility that she was trying to be funny. As someone else said, maybe she was jokingly suggesting you give her a bar. We don't always come off to othes as we intended. At any rate you enjoyed ( I'm sure its gone by now, Lol ) the candy. Don't let the comment take away from a happy experience.

Back