What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is going to be busy once I get started. I am leaving for Florida tomorrow morning. I will be driving straight through, which will be about a 15 hour drive with just stopping for gas and coffee. Lunch with a friend at noon today. This afternoon, going to the office to pick up my mail and go over some bills to give to my secret to pay.
Safe travels! 🚗

I'm broke! Shopping this morning, and it was a relative expensive one. Our old filter coffee maker decided to start making loud banging noises, so it was time for a new one. Needed new ink cartridges for my printer - it would have been as cheap to buy a printer. And so it went on. Just about everything was up in price, except alcohol which seems to be steady.

Funny enough, Mrs, L was asking when Mothers' day was. We don't bother with these things, just another excuse to relieve us of our money. Next thing will be Easter, but we don't bother with that either.
Alcohol increased in the budget yesterday.. don't know how soon that will take effect.. Mothers day this year is on the 19th.. Sunday... it's also my sisters' birthday.

My DD and I are going out for lunch in Stamford Lincs .. but we'll wait until Mother day is over otherwise everywhere will be booked up...

Don't your children celebrate Mothers' Day ?

He’s my grandfurbaby..he just turned 3… a Pomeranian.
I also have another grandfurbaby..my son has a 2 yr old Aussiedoodle named Kona.
Both dogs are super smart and super funny…stubborn too.
have you still got your little dachshund ?

The Roaring Twenties......the time of illicit gambling, The Charleston, flapper girls, gangsters and prohibition! With feather boas, head bands, fedora hats, cigarette holders and black & white movies. The 1920's often depicts the gangster lifestyle as being luxurious, with fabulous clothes, glamorous ladies and fancy cars. We therefore ask you to dress to impress as we party the night away in true old fashioned style.

View attachment 272955View attachment 272958View attachment 272957
View attachment 272959
Today I have been booking our tickets to the sort of events that we love. This one won't be taking place until October, but you can be sure that tickets will be sold out long before then. Robert Redford in his pink suit, I will leave to others, I shall wear my Zoot suit whilst my lady has a brilliant flapper girl costume that she made for herself.

The date is now on the calendar with the other vintage events.
You are truly looking sharp!! 😍

(Lyrics......)
Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don't know where I am goin' to
Silk suit, black tie (black tie)
I don't need a reason why
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man
Gold watch, diamond ring
I ain't missin' not a single thing
Cufflinks, stick pin
When I step out I'm gonna do you in
Top coat, top hat
And I don't worry 'cause my wallet's fat
Black shades, white gloves
Lookin' sharp, lookin' for love

Just taken delivery of my new distance specs from the online store. They're as good as the ones I got from them a couple of years ago.. the current ones are pink ....and these are the new ones.. I want the new ones to keep in the glovebox...

New-blue-specs-Distance-march-2023.jpg

I'm broke! Shopping this morning, and it was a relative expensive one. Our old filter coffee maker decided to start making loud banging noises, so it was time for a new one. Needed new ink cartridges for my printer - it would have been as cheap to buy a printer. And so it went on. Just about everything was up in price, except alcohol which seems to be steady.

Funny enough, Mrs, L was asking when Mothers' day was. We don't bother with these things, just another excuse to relieve us of our money. Next thing will be Easter, but we don't bother with that either.
No Easter?!!!! But, but, but....it's the perfect excuse to eat chocolate covered marshmallows!!!
PhotoPictureResizer_230316_121513741-200x200.jpg

Hi, kids. Gramma's home!

What a morning...the store manager expressed surprise and dismay that I was working alone. What? Wanted to know where was Retired Lady? Where? A day off maybe? He wanted to know when she was off last. Um. Yesterday? Yanno...two days off after working seven (or was it eight?) in a row. Not unreasonable.

I can work alone, not that I like it, but I can and have. Many times. So has she. So has Sir. Geez. She'll be back tomorrow. Dunno when Sir will be back and the point person he talks to every day wasn't there today so all the info I have is that his mother might be showing some good signs. Fingers crossed 🤞

DGD ordered some kitchen knives that are going to be delivered here. If they get here early enough, I'm going to go with DD to deliver them and see the new apartment.

The frost. Um. We've had 30F temps every morning all week but no actual frost that I could see so I uncovered the flowers yesterday. This morning? Yup. Actual frost. The flowers are looking okay except a few of the blooms on the coral bells are sort of wilty looking, and some of the blooms on the senetti aren't looking too great, but I think it's because they're just done and need to be cut back.

Warm rain tonight and all day tomorrow. Mild on Friday night. Sunny and mild on Saturday and BOOM! Bitter cold on Saturday and Sunday nights. Sigh. Looks like the plankets will be pressed into service again for a couple of days.

A power outage canceled some of yesterday's plans, but no big deal.

I had put a hold on a telescope at the library. I received a notice that it was available, so I'll pick it up today. I'll do some other errands while I'm at it.

I hope to have some time and energy left over for my 45 minutes of exercise. Language partner tonight.

Daytime highs will be above freezing for the foreseeable future. Once the snow is gone, it will be summer. I like that; I don't really care for lingering spring or fall seasons.

🥲
Pickles died a few years ago while I still lived in Fresno.
He was my everything…still can’t bring myself to even look at his pics.
awww bless his little paws... I hope it was quick. 🤗 I can totally understand how heartbroken you were and still are..🥰

since you were here last I've lost one granfukid.. ( scruffy)... and now there's only 3 left all old.. 13, 13 and 14, and the eldest labradoodle has Dementia, ( remember the little black one, Stanley) ? and he's losing muscle mass fast.. which is breaking my DD's heart because she knows it won't be long now.

Amazingly it seems like yesterday when he was born.. 😞

My mothers day cards which arrived today...

IMG-0748.jpg

awww bless his little paws... I hope it was quick. 🤗 I can totally understand how heartbroken you were and still are..🥰

since you were here last I've lost one granfukid.. ( scruffy)... and now there's only 3 left all old.. 13, 13 and 14, and the eldest labradoodle has Dementia, ( remember the little black one, Stanley) ? and he's losing muscle mass fast.. which is breaking my DD's heart because she knows it won't be long now.

Amazingly it seems like yesterday when he was born.. 😞

My mothers day cards which arrived today...

IMG-0748.jpg
Sorry to hear all that Holly..that’s the hard part of loving dogs and cats…losing them and knowing you will lose them.
Pickles wasnt quick, I had to make the hard decision of having him euthanized… he had a terrible last month of life and so did I at that time.

@NorthernLight
@Kaila
Are you referring to my very spoiled outdoor cat, Andy?
View attachment 273638
(Here, he is enjoying the best of all his worlds: he is by Dio's shoes, he is inside, and he is in the sun! What more can he possibly need? 😅)
I'm not sure why Dio thinks those are his shoes, when it's very obvious whose shoes they really are!:geek:
And as I mentioned that Andy is more talented than my dear beloved couch potato cat;
Andy obviously trains for marathons, and likely comes in first, in his age group and category!(y):giggle:

Hi, kids. Gramma's home!

What a morning...the store manager expressed surprise and dismay that I was working alone. What? Wanted to know where was Retired Lady? Where? A day off maybe? He wanted to know when she was off last. Um. Yesterday? Yanno...two days off after working seven (or was it eight?) in a row. Not unreasonable.

I can work alone, not that I like it, but I can and have. Many times. So has she. So has Sir. Geez. She'll be back tomorrow. Dunno when Sir will be back and the point person he talks to every day wasn't there today so all the info I have is that his mother might be showing some good signs. Fingers crossed 🤞

DGD ordered some kitchen knives that are going to be delivered here. If they get here early enough, I'm going to go with DD to deliver them and see the new apartment.

The frost. Um. We've had 30F temps every morning all week but no actual frost that I could see so I uncovered the flowers yesterday. This morning? Yup. Actual frost. The flowers are looking okay except a few of the blooms on the coral bells are sort of wilty looking, and some of the blooms on the senetti aren't looking too great, but I think it's because they're just done and need to be cut back.

Warm rain tonight and all day tomorrow. Mild on Friday night. Sunny and mild on Saturday and BOOM! Bitter cold on Saturday and Sunday nights. Sigh. Looks like the plankets will be pressed into service again for a couple of days.
Since I’ve been lurking on here I mostly read this thread every day…and I’ve gotta say…You wear me out..wish I had your energy and Hollydolly’s…

CHOCOLATE COVERED MARSHMALLOWS !!!!!!! YES !!!!!!!
Lelmmesee...I don't think I'd like chocolate covered pickles or olives or lettuce or spinach or roast beast or potatoes, but chocolate covered stuff in general sounds good to me. Never mind saving it for Easter.

@CeeCee @hollydolly @Pepper...Supergran? Energy? Shame? Pfffft. What it is...is that energy begets energy. As long as I keep moving, I'm fine and can keep moving like the Energizer🐰. If I sit too long, I'm my spirit animal 🦥 :ROFLMAO:

At work today, one of the assistant managers was helping me get stuff from our pallet in the big store freezer. He had an immediate fire to put out so told me to just wait a shake and not leave the area. While I was waiting, there was a place to sit right outside the freezer door so I sat. And felt guilty. I told him that I felt like I should clock out like I was taking a break and clock back in when he was through:ROFLMAO:. It was only about five minutes, but it sure felt like cheating (there's nowhere to sit in the bakery except maybe if we used the step ladder).

Grandson is supposed to come for an overnight. He is on spring break from school. Now, this may change, there is bad weather coming in and his folks may decide to cancer their plans due to the weather. I will just be ready for either.

I need to get in the kitchen and unload the dishwasher and refill it with dishes stacked in the sink. I need to do a pick up around the house. I will just plan on an easy dinner because I won't want to go out for pizza or make them deliver in bad weather. I went to the store the other day and restocked the snack cabinet so the grandson will have lots of choices.

Okay. So I just read an online article with helpful hints about how to navigate retirement when you're alone. Pffft.

One of the things it says is that we should travel. What? I don't wanna travel. I'm all traveled out and didn't have much of a travel gene to start with. Reckon it's okay to skip that hint? And most of the others while I'm at it?

Here's the whole article

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/per...p&cvid=27de34268ac04c72b5f7759da4408378&ei=64

Alcohol increased in the budget yesterday.. don't know how soon that will take effect.. Mothers day this year is on the 19th.. Sunday... it's also my sisters' birthday.

My DD and I are going out for lunch in Stamford Lincs .. but we'll wait until Mother day is over otherwise everywhere will be booked up...

Don't your children celebrate Mothers' Day ?
I think that the attack on alcohol is not due until August. Time to stock up.
We don't really celebrate things like Mother's day, Easter, May day, Saints days etc.. We recognise The Winter solstice and 25th Dec, but we're not "party animals".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back