What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunny here.. got the Dentist this morning... *ugh*...probably need a filling... :rolleyes:
Glad your back feels better to make the trip, @hollydolly =)

Yesterday was a busy day... spent most of it with the grandgirls and my daughter. Yummy supper, early bed with a good book.

Today includes errands, check on my tax return with accountant, time with Prince Among Men, time with youngest son before he heads out on the road again with his trucking job.

Friends of the Library group getting together after the weekend to address invitations to 'official' reopening of the local library, though it will have a 'soft' opening before then. Can't wait! I have a list of books to order, including Temple Grandin's autobiography.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, y'all!

I went on my early morning walk around 7 walked 2 blocks to local co op{am a member} It was lightly raining, temp was 45
I don't have any plans today,need to get my tax stuff in order to take to my accountant next week
I may try to take a mid morning walk probably around apt complex if its not raining too hard ,read NYT local paper

Not too much going on today, my daughter works Wednesday and Friday so those are the days I spend with Rambo.
We are going out to dinner with my daughter‘s MIL, my second oldest grandson Nicholas who goes back to college on Sunday in Dallas and my oldest grandson Michael and his fiancée Brooke.
I think it’s for St Patrick’s day and also that grandson is going back to SMU after spring break.
The MIL is coming over earlier so I can help her with her IPad …ugh.
She has an iPhone that she knows how to use so I don’t understand Her problem.
The IPad is like a big iPhone.
@hollydolly ..I hate going to the dentist also even though I know a few! 😀
hahaha that's funny... :ROFLMAO:... I bet your daughter and son-in-law have to strap you down...:sneaky::ROFLMAO:

OK..guys I survived the dentist... I'm a little bit sore.. but I survived..woohooo.. 🧑‍⚕️...When I left home it was absolutely torrential rain... even walking from the Dentist car park to the front door of the clinic I got soaked..

Anyway as I suspected, I had a hole in one tooth so I got a filling.. and she cleaned my teeth as well while I was numbed up..... cost £65.. that's with no insurance...so that's fabulous isn't it ?...(y)

Came out...still torrential rain.. drove into town and picked up some essentials from a little Tesco express store.. , still raining heavily.. so I drove to Costco.. about 20 miles from the Dentist.. very busy Friday traffic on the motorway.. torrential rain huge puddles... ... Big queue for Fuel at Costco.. probably because people will be travelling this weekend for Mothers' day .... then into Costco, to pick up some supplies.. by now the numbing had worn off, and my mouth was a little sore.. ..

Got a 3 cheese pizza and a coke... cuz I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday...

Drove from Costco to another town centre to get M&S for the food hall.. bought some Soda Farls while I was there ..6 cheese and 6 fruit scones.. freshly baked.. I'll freeze them...

Then to the Variety store ( The Range ).. for some bits including some gorilla glue, some flower garlands, and a fake plant and pot .. and guess what.. just as I'm finishing up, the rain stops, and the sun comes out with a glorious blue sky... 😖

I am taking it somewhat easy today. I had a Planter's Wart removed from my right foot yesterday and going for a long walk is out of the question. My foot doesn't hurt, but common sense tells me not to push it. My right shoulder is also telling me to stay away from the weights today. I overdid that on Wed and paid the price later when it ached during the middle of the night and woke me up.

I will probably ride my recumbent bike for exercise today. It is windy and will rain this afternoon anyway. But there are a lot of little chores that need attention.

The door to my balcony is winterized with curtains and other padding. So I haven't been able to use the door. It's still winter, but the extreme cold is over. So I think I'll take everything down and shovel the balcony. Whether that will be today or over the next few days, I'm not sure.

I didn't do my exercises yesterday. After a few easy errands I had no time or energy left. This inability to keep up with the basics is getting scary. Oh well, being able to go out on the balcony (to get a bit of sun) might help.

Today ... Exercise, read book club selection, take down curtains (maybe), talk to language partner, and done.

I've got the scones and the pancakes and one of the Soda Farls bagged up individually and into the freezer now. Just got 40 Chicken drumsticks to freeze now..
OK, I had to look up Soda Farls... I get it now. I'm enjoying a slice of the soda bread I made this AM with a cuppa too... great minds and all that =)

I pruned as much of the camellia bush as I could reach this afternoon before the rain/wind arrives. There's now a HUGE pile of branches for the tree-and-leaf man to cart away at the edge of the road but really the bush doesn't look like it's been touched, lol. I guess it was overdue for a trim in a major way. Son will have to get the top and back; I ain't getting up on a ladder with that squashy leaf mulch/dirt under the bush!

Well..I fell asleep for an hour, not surprised, I only had 4 hours sleep last night, ... woke up and made dinner.. just Prosciutto ham , cheesy mash and Sugar snap peas...

My knee hurts like crazy, I think I'm going to have to go back to the doctor again. I had an X-ray on it about 5 years ago.. they said it was just wear and tear..but now, it's hurting even to touch.. and when I'm climbing the stairs sometimes, it's so painful, I can't put any weight on it and get stuck on the stairs for a few minutes before I get up the courage to keep going..

Could you move your bedroom to a downstairs room if you have one? @hollydolly

Keep reminding yourself You Will Not Fall. Have you ever practiced How to fall? I have, and had become mindful enough at the last second to lessen any harm.
There's no space for a bedroom downstairs and even if there was the bathrooms are upstairs unfortunately...

My stairs are very steep, as most are in the UK.. and I have fallen several times down them .. very easy to fall when you can't get your balance..

Last edited:
Steep stairs are much more difficult, it's true, for both trying not to fall, and for the body to just go up or down.
As are the deep stairs, and the ones with a lip.:eek:

And no downstairs bathroom, Holly?:(

It was such good suggestions of @Pepper
to sleep downstairs sometimes, and to focus on not falling. It sounds like you do focus on it and that you do the best you can do with your specific home.

Btw, is there any way to learn to fall when on stairs?
Or did you mean, the various ways of going up and down without standing up?
I am glad you stop and rest, when needed, on them, Holly. That seems like the safest.
That worsening knee pain is extremely difficult though and will need to be investigated.

There are some videos on youtube under the description 'how to fall down (steep) stairs.' I didn't watch any.
the thing is with these types of videos is that they rely on you knowing it's about to happen and you have time to react.

When I put my right foot on the stairs, I'll be fine maybe going up 5 or 6 stairs and then as I put my foot on the 7th sometimes, my knee won't take my weight, so I have no time to stop myself from falling..

however when this first started , the O/H put a second stair rail on my stairs so I have two ''bannisters'' to hold onto when I walk up, so that prevents me from falling ..

Last edited:
Steep stairs are much more difficult, it's true, for both trying not to fall, and for the body to just go up or down.
As are the deep stairs, and the ones with a lip.:eek:

And no downstairs bathroom, Holly?:(

It was such good suggestions of @Pepper
to sleep downstairs sometimes, and to focus on not falling. It sounds like you do focus on it and that you do the best you can do with your specific home.

Btw, is there any way to learn to fall when on stairs?
Or did you mean, the various ways of going up and down without standing up?
I am glad you stop and rest, when needed, on them, Holly. That seems like the safest.
That worsening knee pain is extremely difficult though and will need to be investigated.
There's no point in sleeping downstairs.. when I have to go upstairs for the bathroom... It's much more sensible to sleep upstairs.. and upstairs is where my office room is as well.. so I spend the majority of time up here..

Has now been a year since I was diagnosed with the rare polycythemia vera blood neoplasm and 8 months since after 3 phlebotomy's brought my blood test levels back into normal range. Since then have daily just been on hydroxyurea that seems to have no negative effects. So today went down to the local Kaiser Permanente hospital for another every other month poke a needle in my arm blood test and am happy to report all my levels remain nicely steady in the normal range. Had I lived a couple decades or more ago, I'd not last more than a short few years. Thanks to my two women doctors, KP, and modern medical science!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back