What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dull this morning.. not going anywhere.. Hubs is home for 3 days.

It's a holiday weekend.. and a whole week off school for the children...

It's going to start being hot as from tomorrow, so we'll be getting out and about from Monday for a change..this has been the wettest May I can remember.

This morning I got my free Bus pass.. I'm officially old... :ROFLMAO:..but I'm determined to get some use out of it .. even if it's only a free trip to the nearest town :LOL:

Holiday weekend here, too. Gorgeous weather expected... highs in the low 80s, lows in the high 50s, humidity in the low 50%s.

Much of the family is gathering here tomorrow. My DIL, daughter and I will be making spring rolls, Korean noodles and dipping sauces for dinner.

My sweet DIL, who is Korean-American, will be instructing. She's a fabulous cook! Lucky us!!!! :love:

I will be packing for my annual trip to Quantico and Arlington to watch the Memorial Day ceremony and listen to the bands and fireworks this weekend. If you have never seen this extravaganza, you have missed a lot. It was in 2004 that I met Lt. Col. Oliver North while there. To me, it was a very honorable moment. "Ollie" always reminded me of the quintessential Marine.

Our town Memorial Day Parade was held today and we both marched in support of the Capital police who were killed or injured back in January.
We had idiots in the crowd that indicated their disapproval because we were with a liberal party.
I thought I read that because Sicknick died from having two strokes, the Coroner didn't attribute the death as a "killed in line of duty." I know on a death certificate it states of death and the manner of death and the Coroner wrote Natural Causes as the manner of death.

I am not trying to start an argument, but would like to know if this is correct or not.

I thought I read that because Sicknick died from having two strokes, the Coroner didn't attribute the death as a "killed in line of duty." I know on a death certificate it states of death and the manner of death and the Coroner wrote Natural Causes as the manner of death.

I am not trying to start an argument, but would like to know if this is correct or not.
What would we be arguing about?

Dull this morning.. not going anywhere.. Hubs is home for 3 days.

It's a holiday weekend.. and a whole week off school for the children...

It's going to start being hot as from tomorrow, so we'll be getting out and about from Monday for a change..this has been the wettest May I can remember.

This morning I got my free Bus pass.. I'm officially old... :ROFLMAO:..but I'm determined to get some use out of it .. even if it's only a free trip to the nearest town :LOL:
I’ve had mine for 3 1/2 years...and we can use it anywhere in Wales and for trips over the border if the bus starts in Wales.No time restriction either.They are brilliant...

Today after a dull start the sun came out in the PM and was really very warm, so we decided to get our lupins planted, and dig up some other plants , and generally get the garden straightened up after a month of rain..

I got about 30 mins into it and my back went out...🥺😩.. couldn't move.. had to get hubs to make me a hot pad.. and then I went to bed....

I'm sitting here with yet another hot pad and have taken Paracetamol & Ibuprofen ... and keeping my fingers crossed this will ease off, because we're forecast to have a HOT week, ahead, and I want to get out and about.. it's been 2 years since we've been able to get abroad on holiday due to Covid, and so now if I can just get out to somewhere nice here at home it will help stave off the Cabin fever...

@Furryanimal ..of course I drive just about anywhere, but I'm looking forward to using this bus pass just for a free trip or 2.. or especially when in the city.. off an on a bus at will...

Mine lasts 5 years is yours the same ?

Set and setup my big number digital clock and really like it-the numbers are huge and it has the date and temperature on it, too. Went to BK with Suzy and had a nice freshly cooked meal--discovered it is only wise to go there during standard meal times or you get overheated dried out food. Washed a few sets of sheets and changed the sheets on the bed. Vacuumed.

Mowed the front yard yesterday....i see it's going to need some extra care, being so dry and cold......and dandelions !!!!!!!!!
I try to keep control of the dandelions......but when the neighbours have bumper crops of them it's a never ending battle.....the town doesn't even do anything about them on their areas. :cautious::(

Dragging my but again....late video call....where he is stopped right now, it's 2 hours earlier than here.
Should do my goodnite post earlier, doesn't seem like the end of the day when i don't.

Planning on mowing the backyard today....and then maybe lazy.

Not going anywhere today cuz I put my back out yesterday and it's too painful for me to drive... so I sat out in the hot sunny garden watching o/h re-potting some plants and scrubbing out and refilling the bird bath etc....

It finally got too hot for me and I've come indoors to cool off, and get another hot pad on my back in the hope we can get out tomorrow for the holiday Monday...

....I've left o/h.. cleaning out the bird feeders...

N-Garden-HD.jpg

It's been in the 40's and low 50's F and my building even put Heat on! That's how cold it is. Also, it's grey and rainy, like my heart. My husband died a few hours after Memorial Day ended. It puts a damper on the day. Sorry to say I'm feeling bored and depressed. Tired of being indoors, tired of my own company, Thank Goodness for you folks.

eta--getting really stressed out all the time I clean the cat box. Don't know why, I've had cats since the 1960's. I know it's not a pleasant task, but I've never been annoyed about it before. I dread doing it.

It's been in the 40's and low 50's F and my building even put Heat on! That's how cold it is. Also, it's grey and rainy, like my heart. My husband died a few hours after Memorial Day ended. It puts a damper on the day. Sorry to say I'm feeling bored and depressed. Tired of being indoors, tired of my own company, Thank Goodness for you folks.

eta--getting really stressed out all the time I clean the cat box. Don't know why, I've had cats since the 1960's. I know it's not a pleasant task, but I've never been annoyed about it before. I dread doing it.
Well then, we'll just have to give you more reasons to holler at some of us, provided you let us joust with you in return for good fun. What things can we agree to disagree about or vice versa? :)

My crap weather weekend just got a bit brighter. I learned the Bridge of Flowers in Shelburne Falls, MA, is reopening next week, so the Garmin Basecamp app will be fired up and a ride mapped out for a nice weather day. The ride there has been somewhat of a spring tradition over the last 10 years. Below is a spring pic of the bridge, which spans, the Deerfield River next to the road bridge.

jun3_2017_bof.jpg

The bridge of flowers is a repurposed old trolley bridge. The photo was taken early June 2017 on hazy day that didn't start out that way.

This weekend has been a washout for most of New Jersey. I didn't have anything planned and we really needed the rain. My garden peas have been really suffering from the heat and with the cooler temperatures and rain I think they have grown a foot over night.
I've been working hard outside and it felt good to just putter around inside.
I sewed a little, picked out some transfers to embroider, deleted some photos on the lap top. Amazing how they pile up.
Wrote out my grocery list and put a rough menu together for the week.
I'm sure there will be a ton of weeding to be done once the sun comes out.

Did a lot of work yesterday, some shopping, and must have lifted something too heavy for my hurt shoulder cause last night it hurt a lot, could not sleep. Put two types of prescription pain cream on it and took NASIDS still hurts badly 😢

So today, will try and not lift anything or use this arm too much. Need to work in the garden but it might have to wait.

Ended up working 4 hours in garden this morning. Really want to get it finished and am working on Bella’s dog run to remove as much as the mulch as I can since she eats it. Now I am down to just small pieces but won’t get it all of course. Was very careful of my sore shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back