What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really hot day today.. Holiday Monday and so all the kids are off school for the whole week...

We never usually go out on a Bank Hol Monday because everywhere is packed, but as we've had a rainy month of May I needed to get out of the house... so off we went to the pub by the river..opens at 12pm we got there at 12.45 and they had no seats left outside of the 60 or more tables they have .. nor would they until 5pm... . Trouble is not only is it the Holiday it's also the one time there's not about 5 million people out of the country on their holidays.. so it was doubly worse than usual..

Off we drove to the next town to have lunch in a pub garden which isn't near a river.. which was busy but had tables available ..
Spent an hour there , then went over to watch the junior cricket team playing on the nearby cricket ground...there's a bar there so hubs who isn't a cricket fan like me, was happy as the proverbial pig in muck

IMG-0326.jpg

IMG-0333.jpg

Really beautiful sunny hot day.. ..we finished off by getting the month's groceries early evening from the supermarket.. and stopping off at the village pub for a cold drink before heading home.

It's 7.30p now,... and I'm just wondering whether to have any dinner...:unsure:

Got up twice both times too early so haven't been in the best mood. My sleeping habits have been horrible lately. Took doggie for a walk. had breadfast and lunch. Listening to music and also have a birdie video going for Jasmaniac. Did a load of clothes yesterday and also washed sheets and towels. Glad to have gotten that done. I don't like doing laundry.

To the store early in the morning to get Crisco to make Aunt Bea’s Date Cake recipe. A short walk while the weather wasn’t too hot. Made the cake. Finishing up the third load of laundry. Have the ingredients out to make the cream cheese icing for the cake. Prepping some items for a pot of soup. Sitting on my butt thinking I need a rest, again. Soon time to go for a second walk and then think of something for dinner.

Last edited:
Working in the garden which is limited to only a couple of hours as it is hot. Even Bella is willing to come on and get in her crate as it is too hot for her outside in the place I have her. Taking my walk early. And the usual stuff.

At some point I have to dust the furniture, the flies are drawing pictures on the coffee table 😂

Today may be my next, major shot at learning to fly the new drone. I did manage to get the drone (i.e. a Skydio 2) up in the air yesterday evening and make a number of controlled landings, setting it down on top of the carrying case. I was able to press the "Land" button with great skill and then watch it land itself. Yesterday I was using the iPhone as a control device. Today will be the first use of the 2-stick controller.

This is a case where I am pushing myself to to learn a new and uncomfortable skill. The discomfort is knowing the drone is a somewhat fragile and expensive flying camera that you don't want to crash. I picked this particular drone for its obstacle avoidance capabilities, which eases the discomfort somewhat.

Last edited:
Not got any plans for today much..my back is still hurting a lot where I put it out a couple of days ago while working in the garden, and going out yesterday didn't help it , and I slept badly due to the pain..

It's hot and sunny today here.. there's not a lot I can do to pass the time sitting out in the garden...because everything is spic and span..

I may go out and take some sunny neighbourhood pics... but tomorrow I want to be fit to go out , so maybe I'll stay home...

Today may be my next, major shot at learning to fly the new drone. I did manage to get the drone (i.e. a Skydio 2) up in the air yesterday evening and make a number of controlled landings, setting it down on top of the carrying case. I was able to press the "Land" button with great skill and then watch it land itself. Yesterday I was using the iPhone as a control device. Today will be the first use of the 2-stick controller.

This is a case where I am pushing myself to to learn a new and uncomfortable skill. The discomfort is knowing the drone is a somewhat fragile and expensive flying camera that you don't want to crash. I picked this particular drone for its obstacle avoidance capabilities, which eases the discomfort somewhat.
The first flight was a success. I went to a local baseball park and managed to fly the drone all around, return, take a picture (shown below) and then land on the case I took off from.

jun1_2021_skydio2_1stpic.jpg

You can see the drone case, which was the takeoff and landing platform,on the bottom right in the pic. When you fly the drone within a certain proximity over the case, you can press the "LAND button and it will automatically land itself perfectly on top of the case. This to say that any one of you could, with a little help and instruction, fly this thing with reasonable certainty of not running into anything, including the ground.

The first flight was a success. I went to a local baseball park and managed to fly the drone all around, return, take a picture (shown below) and then land on the case I took off from.

jun1_2021_skydio2_1stpic.jpg

You can see the drone case, which was the takeoff and landing platform,on the bottom right in the pic. When you fly the drone within a certain proximity over the case, you can press the "LAND button and it will automatically land itself perfectly on top of the case. This to say that any one of you could, with a little help and instruction, fly this thing with reasonable certainty of not running into anything.
If that's your silver ride, Jon, wow!

How I love convertibles!

Pretty neat-O about the drone! Love that it takes video footage!

My back was seizing up sitting around here, and so to try and ease the pain I took a walk over to the woods behind my house...

I paced it out and I only walked 4,000 steps but it was too hot to go further...

yOy_wqNqq_iG1MgINwJ5wJ47CKA4-IuLYdMBf2JIa4hSaOYhpvP5ApgcYci7-ukqm5F5Ikra__TAA80Gay7f5n6Ju4j6TzoD5AVXBcAJjryHHlyIfTIlbdFhQ_gASA3Cbg1Vr1yagOnOrIFlzglNIBx3CWswrNJxV4rQWco51KWw1OasQ3-sw3aSJFBfCvwhCWaeNvnIccu2HpY1oII-8AvQmrgOyl6xVAzi3YNE9GDxikwjrwgpX4iSzIQBd4RAa72Vhs8yloxE9z8MQ7xEL9sqZgjxjGiKx9hTXySILXoervJRP-NyeKBlofWVZMqDNrxAn7ZWIHo_K5H3-v6UbiHQ3tIBzRtOhqbN3WZ-ZEe2cR2YSaXMgE8CeVeDHbaOipijOdA3vBw-R05EnQa3M8ny2v7NwjZBKAl9NJmQKvunhkD0hwOOyqW91yEDLBBczwRH5EC0OBVpCJ4mCnznHkdeRcYPdEgq4Vgy1CvkmbZZ6UPBloZHGptiD2SQFPkepHHUiVgFKG_gzFFEBmkXd10AH9p_DOuG5FBQE1PTbyosKm_RXxMYIypvuoXl36SEB-CaiWjy2CWGbd4Bkl2SkOmvwrqAju9re9Payvt-UbM9Z7h29HSTjWcQtgdj53lfjWHSr5hQyZBZku929uqx8xJ4ug_PazeVK77f_xe-KEwu_bPBcSP9QdDMFRoc4iaXVhG2vcoJnhdzi-ZICBrT48w=s2416-no

with no-one around, how could I resist a little go on the swing.....:sneaky: :LOL:

Ad51DOt9v2-esLJy5mgrXm85gfWLneVtILpQaG5Fi6kypYiXNF5EDZg9Jpxi8hKr_xLf5R6Sf5e3IbFU-kqjJUXR33pSRPW5eV8oowmJZaZUDbWla547eP07hV5Vw_r2xlU_hocAc-f19c4KK8ekxw89gzQg87jplL2MtIPSvv66jMhVklf0fUgIff9SgdspLcVaHm9Clpcq-9FIL6LSakYwEd1Y37U8i7IHN6EziIEmknH6aeZxJbIF8dqLTPLaodxpzZAx9o5v9xEv7ahBEJkzugrK9vl29nCbAuDO8uqGHWlfH5_EOqtYNeAhpANWQuIsx_TmepiCykN94rVOEihvmfOdad6IyLifNAKa3w_S2ffYVtKZSEOmOtu-SQanIopiM2V9MVGxgJGtG7iM2LllakinVxtyRcSII6ZgWdITcokc4ueawcdO7ucb_hNNZmoB3HpkKCM5A7zAndaq8VTDQfE6zT2YgWHHtya5dTe-w-P49Oj8qBHAga5HTL6ciSUTlWrMI9vPGK9K8JZatRneQ7Z8DP2b6phgi56S165Y4eDBXtRgyiCvkOpG8dP2oo-HYFO126sS9LuWsR2qRr02XTE17S9eeU7tRTc2kojPSVz5MBnhV9n-tInMyhq4ZU66xthr3Qhj1E6GnMMmTi-zZM1fZ4ZqL07yMB7mOBUn2Lfu0ZEaApUUmf3ism-Zo2y6ssgpXcyIePZU6fRQG4c=w1812-h2416-no

there's also some Wild Rhododendron, growing in the woods currently too..

4BXqvJ7gkaV_b-lNy1pGYPtxLxARDiMywh1WvDfjHtL8GmZR6LPa7t25W100GlpAdjaRkUYX3QuE224WWYd1prCtJp8XNdaQFefUh6XGaD6m-BjyXiuX-OGnfMnlnrSU8AptnssSqUgR9c6gbqFLsTXxx0cJ4yI4n8a-wYrwZCceL63cbPE1ONr8OQMPg6ntvQUUx6qqoynTUGf_zMAJa78fOm6DDUKvwfg5SO7m3QV8SGBA-QWmHNMZ2WSCX8Qx7XJt2w4dKlff8zOqX3uMj1ZJOJTRAnyrrlzURhlYA2y1R1TfnET9HoHKZO8F9_U5TBHKMgAHqyoEAjAZSmX44gn3mFvT3Ulu3Q2FA0e08Xl71N2WQUHo4g52BFfTswUrc_8eUeFMokLufcYe33ZE_PK_M_svs8_YID0ekUyyG66EVWZ2RKBHLhw6BFZLbadFsOtVd3u7AH1NiIk4TFuZMqwCa037mO8Oatj-gmdiXgIFCeEVW5XvJvRBgDmyhjhMbgu3AFdLHgJZBhdRON36E8leWSkWAbmEcEJdnGxQBhUdhVQL2iHFm7BYrPE7g9C7UnwWfAw_xpzA_1oZanngpJs6T2RmSWQy7GBEQqTIxb5fltJyGsumaGjW81ojPQgi-DYR-XhLhoDDTOVn7G4gtMni-_qPZMJqtvuj0giK85LpMLyFj6LL9qdfzoMNv1NuU3FxHjGI36IkBrlaKs5Sd8U=w3222-h2416-no

Last edited:
Started the day with a walk before it becomes too warm. Finishing yesterday’s projects. The beans for the soup needed soaking. Only half the vegetables were ready so did more chopping.

Talk about pushing buttons - I keep forgetting to do this. Fill the coffee pot walk away. Laundry in the washer. Walk away. So finishing yesterday’s laundry and doing some hand washing too.

Started the day with a walk before it becomes too warm. Finishing yesterday’s projects. The beans for the soup needed soaking. Only half the vegetables were ready so did more chopping.

Talk about pushing buttons - I keep forgetting to do this. Fill the coffee pot walk away. Laundry in the washer. Walk away. So finishing yesterday’s laundry and doing some hand washing too.
I keep forgetting to lock the car 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back