What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had kids in the house all this week. Had a ton of fun but now I gotta vacuum and mop, take out the trash (the dumpster's waaay over there), and get my laundry done. Thank goodness Ariel straightened up the place before I took her home yesterday.

She's getting pretty good about that. But she's 11. This is all gonna change in a couple of years.

What does HIGH mean in Blood sugar reading on a ReliOn Meter? My girlfriend's meter has been reading HI after eating foods a Diabetic can't eat like Banana Splits. I called the meter's maker and they put me hold for a hour and I never did get them.
Depends on the machine but generally, above 300 is high. Maybe if she wasn't eating stuff like banana splits... ?

Am thinking of riding west to Shelburne Falls now that its Bridge of Flowers is open. With my fast route (i.e., the Mohawk Trail) blocked in places due to resurfacing, it seems the redhead (bike) and I will have to suffer a slower safari thru the forrested back roads. Am plotting the route in Garmin Basecamp (i.e., a route/waypoint plotting application) as I write this.

Wednesday...been out for a Boswells breakfast....
https://boswellsgroup.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/61190-Boswells-LR.pdf

noticed the English breakfast -which I had-is called a Boswells breakfast in Wales ;)!

and will watch the test match 🏏 on TV with the sound down and Test Match Special on the radio..
Thanks for the menu link - very interesting. Most very similar to US menu items, but beans are virtually never offered for breakfast here. Toast, hash browns, tomatoes and fruit are typical side dishes.

This morning,the birdies woke me up at 5am,went back to sleep for 1hr,laid in bed for 20min listening to radio. My early walk at 6:40, it was 55 outside walked 3X around our community garden circle after I watered the plants that I'm assigned to do
After breakfast,my long walk of the day,strolling 7 blocks to Walgreens for couple items,didn't have energy to walk home,took public transportation.It was a bit warmer in the 60's,sunny
No plans for the rest of the day read NYT,my magazines

Puppy and I went for a walk round the nearby park. It's half term break here and it was lovely to see kids enjoying themselves in the playground on the swings/climbing frames etc. Now waiting on son and grandson to come round and see me before they go away for a couple of days.

@Chet, my kids and I have some EE bonds that stopped accumulating interest. Did you do this at your regular bank? Was it a big deal to cash them in?
I cashed them in at a bank where I am a member and took some cash and deposited the rest. It takes a little longer than most visits because they have to do some extra steps but it was not that bad. It was no problem waiting. When it was done they printed out the transaction info about the original price and the amount of interest which you keep for your records when tax time comes because you pay tax on the interest. I was able to know the amounts beforehand with the treasurydirect.gov website found here: https://www.treasurydirect.gov/BC/SBCPrice

Thanks for the menu link - very interesting. Most very similar to US menu items, but beans are virtually never offered for breakfast here. Toast, hash browns, tomatoes and fruit are typical side dishes.
apparently baked beans in the USA has BBQ sauce... the baked beans here don't have that, they are in tomato sauce, which is why so many Americans love them for breakfast when they get here but previously on hearing Baked beans for brekkie they were thinking of USA Baked beans they were grossed out at the thought :D

I cashed them in at a bank where I am a member and took some cash and deposited the rest. It takes a little longer than most visits because they have to do some extra steps but it was not that bad. It was no problem waiting. When it was done they printed out the transaction info about the original price and the amount of interest which you keep for your records when tax time comes because you pay tax on the interest. I was able to know the amounts beforehand with the treasurydirect.gov website found here: https://www.treasurydirect.gov/BC/SBCPrice
Thank you very much! I'll pass the word along to my kids.

apparently baked beans in the USA has BBQ sauce... the baked beans here don't have that, they are in tomato sauce, which is why so many Americans love them for breakfast when they get here but previously on hearing Baked beans for brekkie they were thinking of USA Baked beans they were grossed out at the thought :D
Interesting - I didn't know they were in a tomato sauce. Good to know!

image_134ffcda-13e8-4763-9ca2-d8221aff0636_1400x.jpg

Well, husband and I went to Lowe’s early this morning to buy some privacy slates for the chain link fence. I went to one further away in hopes they would have red, but nope they didn’t. His computer was not working last night, again, and work let him off with pay. so he got up early. I had many plans for today but.

Last night he seemed odd. He was coughing a lung up and woke me up. He was going to bed as his computer wasn’t working and he had the chills. Took his temp, no fever. He goes to bed, gets up early for himself, seems fine and off to Lowe’s.

I had already taken care of Bella, put up the new sun shade, watered the back, etc, usual stuff. After Lowe’s, Petsmart for new crate for Bella, then I took him to instant care since he was so odd last night. They said take him to ER, he said no, I said then get out and walk home. 😂

Took him to ER. Got a room right away, nurse comes right in and draws out half the blood he has in his body. Puts in two IVs. I explain his issues, again. We are bickering at each other this whole time and I ask the nurse can they keep him for a month or two and give me a rest. 😍. She says it does not work that way. 🙄

Doctor comes in, says they are going to hospitalize him. 😂😂. See, there is a God. 🤣

I ask if he will get a Covid test, they say no. It’s nearly impossible to get Covid after vaccination. Good to know. He has a fever of 101, and oxygen is down to 87. Yesterday, he was better, last night he was decidedly odd, and now he is actually sick. It looks like pneumonia on the X-ray.

Got a stone cold burger from Burger King on way home and ate it cause I could feel my sugar crashing. Also got an ice cream for a quick fix. Put Bella out. Called husband, he’s still in the ER waiting on blood results. Says they still will keep him. And this has been what I am doing today.

Am thinking of riding west to Shelburne Falls now that its Bridge of Flowers is open. With my fast route (i.e., the Mohawk Trail) blocked in places due to resurfacing, it seems the redhead (bike) and I will have to suffer a slower safari thru the forrested back roads. Am plotting the route in Garmin Basecamp (i.e., a route/waypoint plotting application) as I write this.
Rode about 100 miles each way to see the newly-opened (from covid lockdown) Bridge of Flowers. There aren't a lot of blooms yet but it's up and coming.

jun2_2021_shelburne-falls_bof3.jpg

On the way home I stopped and got some smoked pork chops and smoked bacon. Four slices of that bacon went into tonight's surprise Mississippi Roast (beef, onion, bacon mushrooms, mushroom soup, beef stock, spices and seasoning.) The mushrooms are the surprise tonight but how can you go wrong having mushrooms in with beef in an onion and ranch stock? I guess we'll find out.

Well, husband and I went to Lowe’s early this morning to buy some privacy slates for the chain link fence. I went to one further away in hopes they would have red, but nope they didn’t. His computer was not working last night, again, and work let him off with pay. so he got up early. I had many plans for today but.

Last night he seemed odd. He was coughing a lung up and woke me up. He was going to bed as his computer wasn’t working and he had the chills. Took his temp, no fever. He goes to bed, gets up early for himself, seems fine and off to Lowe’s.

I had already taken care of Bella, put up the new sun shade, watered the back, etc, usual stuff. After Lowe’s, Petsmart for new crate for Bella, then I took him to instant care since he was so odd last night. They said take him to ER, he said no, I said then get out and walk home. 😂

Took him to ER. Got a room right away, nurse comes right in and draws out half the blood he has in his body. Puts in two IVs. I explain his issues, again. We are bickering at each other this whole time and I ask the nurse can they keep him for a month or two and give me a rest. 😍. She says it does not work that way. 🙄

Doctor comes in, says they are going to hospitalize him. 😂😂. See, there is a God. 🤣

I ask if he will get a Covid test, they say no. It’s nearly impossible to get Covid after vaccination. Good to know. He has a fever of 101, and oxygen is down to 87. Yesterday, he was better, last night he was decidedly odd, and now he is actually sick. It looks like pneumonia on the X-ray.

Got a stone cold burger from Burger King on way home and ate it cause I could feel my sugar crashing. Also got an ice cream for a quick fix. Put Bella out. Called husband, he’s still in the ER waiting on blood results. Says they still will keep him. And this has been what I am doing today.
Hope he feels better soon and u get some rest in the meantime, @Aneeda72!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back