What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I really need a nap. I was up before 6am because the blood lab was coming out to take my blood. I couldn't eat anything before they came. They finally came at 11am. So now I am ready for my nap.I would have gone for my nap earlier but I had company. They left about an hour ago.

I had a zoom appt with my primary doctor ( GP)>.. and he is sending me yet again for more blood tests. usually we can just walk into the phlebotomy dept with no appt the same day , but because of the pandemic and the NHS overwhelmed , for the first time ever I had to book an appt and there's none available till Thursday :rolleyes:

Cleaned all the windows inside and out downstairs today.. after having cleaned all the insides upstairs a couple of days ago.. and then having torrential rain yesterday...

Spent some time re-arranging files on my computer this afternoon.. and generally clearing stuff out...

Now.. I'm about to have Lasagne and Sugar snap peas for my dinner...

I had a zoom appt with my primary doctor ( GP)>.. and he is sending me yet again for more blood tests. usually we can just walk into the phlebotomy dept with no appt the same day , but because of the pandemic and the NHS overwhelmed , for the first time ever I had to book an appt and there's none available till Thursday :rolleyes:

Cleaned all the windows inside and out downstairs today.. after having cleaned all the insides upstairs a couple of days ago.. and then having torrential rain yesterday...

Spent some time re-arranging files on my computer this afternoon.. and generally clearing stuff out...

Now.. I'm about to have Lasagne and Sugar snap peas for my dinner...
I love sugar snap peas

I have a missing picture and will be really upset if he cannot find it. He went to storage to look even though he said he brought everything over. Then he said it might be in one corner where some stuff is. He’s back now and can not find it. 😡

Otherwise everything has been unpacked and put away. Pictures still have to be hung. Odds and ends have to be dealt with but otherwise things are in good shape. As I went through everything I realized I have downsized as much as possible.

He went and bought a couple more IKEA bookcases so I should be set to put pictures in those as well. Now that our containers are empty we are getting a smaller rented storage area as the one we have is 130 a month for a 10x10. The smaller one is 5x10 and 75 a month. The apartment does not have a garage available yet.

He goes back to work August 1.

Welp they scanned for a brain, it was there, then chest xray, then many EKG, and BP checks...gave me bottle of salt water into the vein...bottom line they think I was dehydrated due to this warmer weather....they didn't check my ears....told me to
be more careful standing/rising up....so we will see......

I'm sure we're all glad to hear how it went, @hawkdon
It sounds like a very tiring experience, but good to have things checked. Trying more beverages now, seems a good direction, and take care, too.

@Aneeda72
If that picture doesn't turn up soon, it likely will eventually.
But perhaps you could ask a third person (your son, his SO, or the realter?) to call the new owner, to ask, rather than you calling! I know that is not a good idea, the way they are!)

I bought a little metal cart on wheels with chrome handles with 2 trays years ago at a garage sale. I can't live without it.
I use it to bring food from the kitchen to our porch or even to the dining room when we have company.

If something is to heavy to carry down the hall we get the cart.

I have it in my laundry room and use it for folded clothes and when I defrost my chest freezers I can quickly sort frozen items on the top of it.
Today I decided to take it all apart, clean the chrome handles, and repaint the tray parts.

The chrome looks like new.

Hopefully I'll get it together quickly, I miss the old thing already.

Welp they scanned for a brain, it was there, then chest xray, then many EKG, and BP checks...gave me bottle of salt water into the vein...bottom line they think I was dehydrated due to this warmer weather....they didn't check my ears....told me to
be more careful standing/rising up....so we will see......
I would still make an appointment with an ENT as everything else has been ruled out. I think it’s your ear canal.

Did a whole lot of miscellaneous, trivial household things. At least they’re crossed off my list and then I added more things. Went out for dinner. That was a nice treat.

DH has been waiting to hear from the hospital for some tests. Everything is seriously backlogged because of Covid. He contacted the doctor‘s office and found out the doctor had been in an accident and is finally recovering. That probably means another month of waiting.

I have a missing picture and will be really upset if he cannot find it. He went to storage to look even though he said he brought everything over. Then he said it might be in one corner where some stuff is. He’s back now and can not find it. 😡

Otherwise everything has been unpacked and put away. Pictures still have to be hung. Odds and ends have to be dealt with but otherwise things are in good shape. As I went through everything I realized I have downsized as much as possible.

He went and bought a couple more IKEA bookcases so I should be set to put pictures in those as well. Now that our containers are empty we are getting a smaller rented storage area as the one we have is 130 a month for a 10x10. The smaller one is 5x10 and 75 a month. The apartment does not have a garage available yet.

He goes back to work August 1.
Seems I have a lot of missing framed pictures now that I have sorted everything 😭, so hopefully they are in storage

Did a whole lot of miscellaneous, trivial household things. At least they’re crossed off my list and then I added more things. Went out for dinner. That was a nice treat.

DH has been waiting to hear from the hospital for some tests. Everything is seriously backlogged because of Covid. He contacted the doctor‘s office and found out the doctor had been in an accident and is finally recovering. That probably means another month of waiting.
Sorry to hear about your doctor, I hope he recovers quickly.

We're having the same backlog in the NHS.. months of waiting, sometimes over a year... :( waiting list of up to 2 years for knee and hip replacements, people suffering dreadfully with bone on bone grinding for such a long time, unless they can afford to pay privately.

Today it was supposed to rain from 6am... I was looking forward to it tbh.. but as usual the forecast was wrong, as it always seems to be nowadays..( when I'm reincarnated I want to be a weather forecaster, the only people who get paid for doing their job badly)...
Now it says it will rain from 4pm.... we'll see...

So... I'm not going anywhere .. still deciding however, what I might do today.. beds need changing but other than that.. not sure what I'll find to keep myself occupied.

On my early walk around 6:30am,walked 2 times around our garden circle after I watered the plants/flowers in garden.It was 73 sun was out,birds were chirping,probably the same ones who woke me up at 5:30 LOL!
This morning walking to/from Canopy of Neighbors office{5 blocks} will be calling members. I couldn't do it yesterday,probably do some more filing
This afternoon,my close friend,Marcia&I are going on another 'road trip' We are headed to one of the local malls I haven't found a dress for my nephew's wedding,if I don't find anything to my liking,I'm not going to stress out about it anymore. I have 2 skirts I bought on Lands End website,I'll take those instead

Chewing gum,, wondering what the husband is doing.
He took off earlier.
Have a sneaking feeling he is looking at some more trees to cut down. 😵

I have a pot of lilies that need planted ; do it now before its hot or wait till evening?
Or put on jeans & weed whack some more? Decisions ,decisions.

Hubby just got back,, will hear what he has to tell me.

Exciting day today. ;):D:ROFLMAO:
Garbage pick up.
Earlier in the year, our town switched garbage pick and recycle companies.
Same type of bin for garbage as for recycle.
They're big like recycle ones.
Made my garage smaller with another big bin in it.
But.
I can bag up weeds and grass edging etc, to go with garbage......that's working well.....otherwise have to go to the dump or out to the country somewhere.
Hope to get the last cart full of stones from the driveway to the back before it gets too hot......and water garden.
Suppose to be 35+, rest of the day will be inside stuff.

Had a very strange doctor's visit yesterday. Since my last visit I'd lost 7 pounds, putting my current BMI at 21.8. After greeting me, my somewhat chubby doctor looked at my chart and said, "Wow. Your weight is amazing. How do you do that?" So I'm thinking this visit is off to a pretty start. Not so.

When I get home, I read that part of the after visit summary where the computer automatically comments on vital statistics - this genius computer says my ideal body weight is a BMI of 20.0, seven pound lower still. 20.0??? Where do they get these numbers? I'd look like a skinny, wrinkled old apple.

OK, not a big deal, just weird. Here's the weirder, much bigger deal.

Over the holidays I caught Covid and had a persistent deep cough and some shortness of breath for a few months (resolved now). Mid February I had a chest X-ray to rule out any permanent damage, specifically "Covid lung." The email results he sent me a couple of days later was as follows:
"I am pleased to inform you that your recent chest x-ray showed no significant findings in the lungs that would cause your cough. The only finding was some degenerative disk disease in your spine."
Good news, right?

Yesterday this same doctor says that the X-ray picked up atherosclerosis of the aorta with calcifications present. (WHAT?) He tells me that little can be done, just watch my cholesterol intake (umm... I'm already a vegan, as we discussed five minutes ago when you complimented my weight.) and take my meds (which I do, religiously).

As you can imagine, this was very distressing news. However, I remained calm and figured I'd pick the brain of my younger sister and her cardiology buddies (she works at a cardiac hospital).

When I got home I went through my medical records, including the radiologist report from that X-ray, and am beating myself up for not noticing this diagnosis back in Feb. Thank heavens I'd requested a copy of the report.

I recheck the radiology report, which says nothing about my heart or aorta. The findings state:

PA and lateral views of the chest were obtained. The soft tissues, diaphragm and cardiomediastinal silhouette are normal. The lungs and
pleural spaces are clear. There is mild disk space narrowing with small osteophytes in the lower thoracic spine.

Nothing about my heart other than that its silhouette is normal.

My guess is that the doctor misread this report yesterday, seeing "aortic" instead of "thoracic" and interpreting "osteophytes" as calcification. I sent him an email gently asking, WHAT THE HELL? Am waiting for a reply. While I'm not 100% sure that he misinterpreted the findings yesterday, I can find no smoking gun that would lead to a diagnosis of aortic atherosclerosis.

Sheesh! We all have to be our own doctors, don't we?

Had a very strange doctor's visit yesterday. Since my last visit I'd lost 7 pounds, putting my current BMI at 21.8. After greeting me, my somewhat chubby doctor looked at my chart and said, "Wow. Your weight is amazing. How do you do that?" So I'm thinking this visit is off to a pretty start. Not so.

When I get home, I read that part of the after visit summary where the computer automatically comments on vital statistics - this genius computer says my ideal body weight is a BMI of 20.0, seven pound lower still. 20.0??? Where do they get these numbers? I'd look like a skinny, wrinkled old apple.

OK, not a big deal, just weird. Here's the weirder, much bigger deal.

Over the holidays I caught Covid and had a persistent deep cough and some shortness of breath for a few months (resolved now). Mid February I had a chest X-ray to rule out any permanent damage, specifically "Covid lung." The email results he sent me a couple of days later was as follows:
"I am pleased to inform you that your recent chest x-ray showed no significant findings in the lungs that would cause your cough. The only finding was some degenerative disk disease in your spine."
Good news, right?

Yesterday this same doctor says that the X-ray picked up atherosclerosis of the aorta with calcifications present. (WHAT?) He tells me that little can be done, just watch my cholesterol intake (umm... I'm already a vegan, as we discussed five minutes ago when you complimented my weight.) and take my meds (which I do, religiously).

As you can imagine, this was very distressing news. However, I remained calm and figured I'd pick the brain of my younger sister and her cardiology buddies (she works at a cardiac hospital).

When I got home I went through my medical records, including the radiologist report from that X-ray, and am beating myself up for not noticing this diagnosis back in Feb. Thank heavens I'd requested a copy of the report.

I recheck the radiology report, which says nothing about my heart or aorta. The findings state:

PA and lateral views of the chest were obtained. The soft tissues, diaphragm and cardiomediastinal silhouette are normal. The lungs and
pleural spaces are clear. There is mild disk space narrowing with small osteophytes in the lower thoracic spine.

Nothing about my heart other than that its silhouette is normal.

My guess is that the doctor misread this report yesterday, seeing "aortic" instead of "thoracic" and interpreting "osteophytes" as calcification. I sent him an email gently asking, WHAT THE HELL? Am waiting for a reply. While I'm not 100% sure that he misinterpreted the findings yesterday, I can find no smoking gun that would lead to a diagnosis of aortic atherosclerosis.

Sheesh! We all have to be our own doctors, don't we?
That's appalling, and not unknown here either with Doctors to get it wrong like that, and unfortunately we don't have such easy access to our medical records as quickly as you do.. so this was very fortunate that you had those, and of course you were able to talk to a medically trained family member as well.

What a needless scare for you, I hope you get a satisfactory reply from your doctor...

That's appalling, and not unknown here either with Doctors to get it wrong like that, and unfortunately we don't have such easy access to our medical records as quickly as you do.. so this was very fortunate that you had those, and of course you were able to talk to a medically trained family member as well.

What a needless scare for you, I hope you get a satisfactory reply from your doctor...
I hadn't yet spoken to my sister. Was getting my ducks in a row to do so, because I knew she'd run it by one of her cardiologist buddies and wanted to arm her with full info.

It was indeed a huge scare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back