What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered Hulu. Have wanted it for a long time, it’s an extra 12 dollars a month. Got my haircut. Bought a new movie for my son. Bought some stuffed Dr Seuss toys for the 3 year old great granddaughter and some books and UPS to her. UPS the rest of my DVD collection to my daughter.

Husband got new underwear-exciting stuff 😂

Ordered Hulu. Have wanted it for a long time, it’s an extra 12 dollars a month. Got my haircut. Bought a new movie for my son. Bought some stuffed Dr Seuss toys for the 3 year old great granddaughter and some books and UPS to her. UPS the rest of my DVD collection to my daughter.

Husband got new underwear-exciting stuff 😂
LOL about your husband's new underwear. 😄 You're gonna love Hulu. For the price you quoted, I take it you got Hulu+. It's great not having to deal with commercials which take up fully 1/3 of viewing time. I first got Hulu over a decade ago and wasn't thrilled with it so I canceled. A couple of years ago a good friend was raving about it so I decided to give it a try again. I'm glad I did. They have really upped their game. I noticed that even their movie selection is getting better. I hope you enjoy!

LOL about your husband's new underwear. 😄 You're gonna love Hulu. For the price you quoted, I take it you got Hulu+. It's great not having to deal with commercials which take up fully 1/3 of viewing time. I first got Hulu over a decade ago and wasn't thrilled with it so I canceled. A couple of years ago a good friend was raving about it so I decided to give it a try again. I'm glad I did. They have really upped their game. I noticed that even their movie selection is getting better. I hope you enjoy!
Yup, no commercials. I am sure I will love it, I love watching movies.

I greased all the fittings on my pickup truck today. Then, I pulled the rear tires and brake drums, and cleaned the built up dust out of them...I have been getting some brake noise lately. There seems to be plenty of brake lining left, so hopefully just cleaning them good will get rid of the occasional squeaks. Now, it dawns on me that I'm getting too old for this kind of work...will probably have to take an Aleve pill after supper.
Did you change the points and condenser, too? Just kidding. :)

Those are anachronisms in today's world. I remember the days when your car wouldn't start, and the first thing you did was drag a piece of paper through the points to remove the crud and get them to make contact again so the spark plugs would fire. And every oil change, you'd have to crawl under with a grease gun. Now ball joints are sealed and last 100s of thousands of miles. And those old drum brakes... I'd always forget how the springs go back on and after trying every possible combination, I'd finally get fed up and go around to see how they were installed on the brake drum on the other side. :ROFLMAO:

The day is finally here, my money from the sale of the house should be available. YAY. I will pay off all the credit card debt which is simply the whole house air conditioner we bought for the house on one card, and another debt we occurred on the house on another card.

We put a washer dryer on the card as well for the apartment, but won’t pay that off until the units are delivered, which should be tomorrow. Next week the car dealership will pay off the remaining loan on our current car and we will buy the new one. Then, except for the car loan, we will be, once again, debt free. YAY

I plan to go buy a couple new frames for my pictures that were broke in the move. I already gave my oldest son a bit of money for his trip to Yellowstone, and mailed a check to my daughter, for the same amount, yesterday. Both one of my other sons some new dvds that he wanted and new shirts for the other one. Everyone is all set 😊.

And I will finally take some birthday money to my granddaughter and her family which I have not done yet. 😂

I went on my early walk around 6:30,to buy USAToday&local paper.It was cloudy,temp 70
When I came back,watered the plants/flowers in community garden
This morning,Mary&I are going on our weekly 'road trip' to Target,I need a couple of items. We haven't gone in couple of weeks because she is back in office 3 days now{she hates it} or I didn't need to go anywhere
The rest of my day,weather permitting go take afternoon walk,read the papers

Got food into rotation yesterday after learning out the bike was fixed when it really wasn't (another story). Will contact the dealer this morning to tell them what the new problem is (i.e., the TPS or throttle position sensor). Unfortunately good, knowledgeable mechanics seem scarce these days and you often have to tell service managers where to look/find/fix the problem. It seems in fixing one problem (i.e., a bad coil), they may have caused another. My age and interests are such that I no longer enjoy servicing a motorcycle like I used to.

On tap today, if possible, is a return visit to the site further south where Netflix was filming a movie. I went there several days ago after they left and got the picture below.

jul23_2021_uxbridge_mill2_sky.jpg

The film crew used the center of that old mill complex as the studio where they were shooting. The place then was jammed with hundreds of people, trucks, vans, wiring, pieces of stage/sound equipment, etc. The police and film people shooed me off before I could get a shot of it all. The reason for that was understandable.

So I went outside to finish mulching the garden and this big nasty bug flew right into my ear!
I've dealt with this in the ER dozens of time and it was always with a bit of amusement..........but I wasn't laughing this morning.
It really is a most unnerving experience......even for those of us with the knowledge and equipment to handle the "emergency".
He clawed his way down the far reaches of my ear canal and scraped out a tune on my eardrum before we finally drowned him in olive oil and pulled him out with mosquito forceps.
Unfortunately, the little rascal didn't make it through the procedure.....and I'm done gardening for the rest of this year!!!

So I went outside to finish mulching the garden and this big nasty bug flew right into my ear!
I've dealt with this in the ER dozens of time and it was always with a bit of amusement..........but I wasn't laughing this morning.
It really is a most unnerving experience......even for those of us with the knowledge and equipment to handle the "emergency".
He clawed his way down the far reaches of my ear canal and scraped out a tune on my eardrum before we finally drowned him in olive oil and pulled him out with mosquito forceps.
Unfortunately, the little rascal didn't make it through the procedure.....and I'm done gardening for the rest of this year!!!
Ewwww! ::shudder::

My Prince Among Men and I rode to Albany, GA and had lunch at the "Mayberry Diner", a cute little place with home cooking. The food was really good.

Did not care for the man who came up to me while Ed was paying the bill and said, "What's a pretty young lady like you doing with a decrepit old man like that?" *Really?* I wanted to smack him.

Got food into rotation yesterday after learning out the bike was fixed when it really wasn't (another story). Will contact the dealer this morning to tell them what the new problem is (i.e., the TPS or throttle position sensor). Unfortunately good, knowledgeable mechanics seem scarce these days and you often have to tell service managers where to look/find/fix the problem. It seems in fixing one problem (i.e., a bad coil), they may have caused another. My age and interests are such that I no longer enjoy servicing a motorcycle like I used to.

On tap today, if possible, is a return visit to the site further south where Netflix was filming a movie. I went there several days ago after they left and got the picture below.

jul23_2021_uxbridge_mill2_sky.jpg

The film crew used the center of that old mill complex as the studio where they were shooting. The place then was jammed with hundreds of people, trucks, vans, wiring, pieces of stage/sound equipment, etc. The police and film people shooed me off before I could get a shot of it all. The reason for that was understandable.
wow, @JonDouglas, that creepy looking--like the backdrop for the Shawshank Redemption or something! Is the movie they're making going to be like suspense/horror?

Although not a fan of "hum-drum", there are those days when the adventure becomes a bit much. The week thus far has been one of those. First it was a water pipe bursting under the kid's business office, which led to countless discussions of the affects of mold on goods going to hospitals and the possible impact on accreditation. In the midst of all that, I get the call that the part came in and the motorcycle is fixed. Unfortunately, it wasn't fixed and things got a little exciting when I was riding it home.

Halfway home, the engine started backfiring and then revving up and down with no throttle control - uncontrolled acceleration is something that would likely involve major league hurt to the novice rider. Runaway engine acceleration can be handled in one of three ways - (1) panic, feeze and crash, (2) hit the kill switch to stop in traffic and pray nobody hits you from behind or (3) use the clutch and gears to take advantage of the up rev cycles to get the bike home. I called the dealer to come, get it and fix it. They couldn't get the problem to repeat and thought I was crazy until the tech tried it again this morning and almost wrecked when the problem happened to him.

While I was on the phone with dealer, who was now telling me how scary the motorcycle problem was, I get a message from the kid saying an unexpected shipment had shown up at the warehouse and would I go put it inside. Because of the water pipe problem and resulting mold testing, she had closed the business for a week and gone to the shore for some R&R. I say "OK", look out the window and see dark storm clouds. The shipment can't get wet and the warehouse is 3 miles away. I got to the warehouse and got the boxes, some of which were very heavy, moved inside. I took the pic below to show her it was done.

jul29_2021_warehouse.jpg

No sooner than after the picture was taken, it started to rain. After putting down the freight door, locking up and returning home, the decision to just bake, and not fix, tonight's dinner was made. With the rain and all the running around, I didn't get back to the mill ruins. The happy thing is I can still deal with this crap and laugh.

Last edited:
Today I've had a bit of an eclectic day... had to go to the hospital to have bloods drawn.. then drove to North London to pick up my friend, and then back this way to the marina where the boat is moored, to clear off all the leaves and gunk from the tarps... and generally tidy up after it's been sitting for so long..

It was a very hot day...and so we had some lunch at the riverside pub... and then I had to go and get some shopping, so I chose to go to a retail park with a superstore some 20 miles away .. and got some groceries , and bought myself a new black patterned long sleeve top ready for winter.. when it gets here.

Bought a new pale green cushion for my office chair from TKMaxx ( yes it's TK here not JK as I believe it is in the USA..) :D

Got home and felt a bit poorly so I laid down for 1/2 an hour ..didn't sleep but I feel better for just resting a while...

DD however is poorly.. she thinks she's got a 24 hour tummy bug but it's laid her flat and she had to take a day off work. She's never once done that except when she worked for herself, and as she's just started this new job around 6 weeks ago, she's mortified she's had no choice but to stay in bed...

Today I've had a bit of an eclectic day... had to go to the hospital to have bloods drawn.. then drove to North London to pick up my friend, and then back this way to the marina where the boat is moored, to clear off all the leaves and gunk from the tarps... and generally tidy up after it's been sitting for so long..

It was a very hot day...and so we had some lunch at the riverside pub... and then I had to go and get some shopping, so I chose to go to a retail park with a superstore some 20 miles away .. and got some groceries , and bought myself a new black patterned long sleeve top ready for winter.. when it gets here.

Bought a new pale green cushion for my office chair from TKMaxx ( yes it's TK here not JK as I believe it is in the USA..) :D

Got home and felt a bit poorly so I laid down for 1/2 an hour ..didn't sleep but I feel better for just resting a while...

DD however is poorly.. she thinks she's got a 24 hour tummy bug but it's laid her flat and she had to take a day off work. She's never once done that except when she worked for herself, and as she's just started this new job around 6 weeks ago, she's mortified she's had no choice but to stay in bed...
Hope your daughter feels better quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back