What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disputing with the bank a transaction that I did not approve.
4:30 am, phone rings, what the heck, group home, paramedics on line, son with DS being rushed to the ER, possible Covid-19, 😭. The group home aide can not leave the group home to go with son. I can not go due to possible Covid and not driving in dark.

Called oldest son, he’s gone to ER to be with youngest son. Waiting for Covid test results, they’ve drawn blood, given him morphine for stomach pain. Just waiting at home

Added: They are doing a ct scan of his stomach which is his major source of pain. He has a fever, rapid heart beat, a little shortness of breath, nausea, and the stomach pain. They put in an IV and gave nausea med and morphine.
I'm so sorry, @Aneeda72 . Sending prayers your way.

@Aneeda72 So sorry for the bad news and hoping for modern medicine to work its wonders.

@hollydolly...it's about time! You really need to vacuum more often (and then stop over here and do mine, too), and those dirty dishes? Really. I hate getting up in the morning to a sink of dirty dishes so why do I do it? Because I'm waiting for the housekeeper to turn up and do them for me.

They are giving him the virus drug remdesivir. He can have one visitor a day. You only have to wear a mask and show proof of vaccination. I am waiting for husband to get up to see if we go today or tomorrow, but I think we will go today.

How long he stays on the hospital depends on his breathing and need for oxygen. He could be released as soon as tomorrow as far as the Covid is concerned if his oxygen levels are good. The cyst they found, either in the lung or on the heart, is another issue. Cardiology has not seen him yet.

They have decided to keep him for 4 days at least. He has terrible stomach pain and they don’t know why and the heart issue and Covid. 😭😭😭. Just got word that the sheltered workshop has closed due to a Covid outbreak there, of which he is part, and EVERYONE in that facility has had two vaccinations. All the clients are disabled.

Joey caught Covid from his friend Erika who has Covid and attended with his same group. She has downs syndrome as well but has not needed to be hospitalized. Both her parents have Covid.

The director of the group home called me. They have had to close homes due to staffing issues. If the staff at Joey’s home quits, they have no one to staff it. They have to try and convince the clients to all get tested so they know how many of them have caught Covid from the sheltered workshop, and they can try amd protect everyone who does not have Covid. All the parents have to be notified. The county notified. The homes cleaned.

It is a major shit show.

My son was diagnosed with COVID-19, a cyst has already developed next to his heart, problems breathing, fever, severe pain, etc. he has been admitted to the hospital. I managed to spend some time with him before he was diagnosed. 😭😭😭😭. He is in so much pain he didn’t even understand he had Covid.

I will go see him tomorrow. As I understand it, vaccinated people may visit.
Aneeda, i'm so sorry to hear this.
My well wishes and prayers are with you and your son......you must be going through hell.

They have decided to keep him for 4 days at least. He has terrible stomach pain and they don’t know why and the heart issue and Covid. 😭😭😭. Just got word that the sheltered workshop has closed due to a Covid outbreak there, of which he is part, and EVERYONE in that facility has had two vaccinations. All the clients are disabled.

Joey caught Covid from his friend Erika who has Covid and attended with his same group. She has downs syndrome as well but has not needed to be hospitalized. Both her parents have Covid.

The director of the group home called me. They have had to close homes due to staffing issues. If the staff at Joey’s home quits, they have no one to staff it. They have to try and convince the clients to all get tested so they know how many of them have caught Covid from the sheltered workshop, and they can try amd protect everyone who does not have Covid. All the parents have to be notified. The county notified. The homes cleaned.

It is a major shit show.

So sorry to hear your bad news, sending you positive vibes for a good outcome.

Several days ago my mission was to find my SO an in stock shiny new iPhone to upgrade her six year old one. But since she decided she really, really needed the latest version (13 pro max) in a certain color, I had to order one thru Verizon. It may be here in 2 weeks, or not.

My joy for today is a trip to the urologist. Yippee!

Prayers for @Purwell and @Aneeda72. And for everyone else who needs some positive thoughts!

@Buckeye, my DH once had a urologist whose name was...wait for it...B. M. Dicky.

Today is "Eagle Sh!t" day for me, aka Rocking Chair Money day.

And I woke up this morning so get another chance to get it right. Waking up each day is a surprise and and opportunity to do something nice or say something to make somebody's day.

I thought about this situation this morning, the situation at the sheltered workshop. Almost all of these disabled adults got the vaccine at the same time, early in the year. None of them got Covid until now; and now it’s spread like wild fire through their group. Proving, to me at least, that the vaccine needs/needed a booster after 6 months.

None of them had the booster yet. A great many of them have gotten Covid. Had they not been vaccinated a great many of them would die, including my son, who has a fighting chance at least.

The importance of getting the booster can not be understated.

Today is "Eagle Sh!t" day for me, aka Rocking Chair Money day.
LOL - I wasn't getting where you were going with this until suddenly recalling my grandmother saying "the eagle screamed today" when her SS check would come in. Also when one of us got a paycheck. Thanks for the memory.

Never heard "Rocking Chair Money Day" but I like it. :cool:

Yesterday evening, I was very happy, to be able to see the full moon in the sky, out my window, at about 8pm, Eastern time, USA.

So gorgeous and inspiring, it is!
With vision problems, and multiple difficult medical issues, and daunting stresses,
this simple (or not so simple?) ability to view the amazing spectacle, filled me with wonder and inner joy.
It is indescribable, how it made me feel. Thankful , awestruck, and more.

Yesterday evening, I was very happy, to be able to see the full moon in the sky, out my window, at about 8pm, Eastern time, USA.

So gorgeous and inspiring, it is!
With vision problems, and multiple difficult medical issues, and daunting stresses,
this simple (or not so simple?) ability to view the amazing spectacle, filled me with wonder and inner joy.
It is indescribable, how it made me feel. Thankful , awestruck, and more.
awww kaila, I'm sorry to hear you're suffering from so many ailments and serious disabilities, but you always see the joy in everything, you're a shining star yourself... 💛

Can you believe it ?... another day... yep....that's actually 2 days in a row where I've not been knocking my pipe out going here , there and everywhere or cleaning within an inch of this house's life..

Today of course, a little bit more vac'ing..because autumn leaves get trodden into the door mats back and front door, so I have to vac every day .

I got some lasagne made for dinner.. but I've been poorly today so I only ate a little bit of it, not feeling up to eating very much..

Had several business calls today , in fact at one point the phone seemed to be ringing almost constantly no sooner had I hung up from one caller, the next was calling.. right up until after 7pm...

Some days nothing happens at all and the phone doesn't ring, and other days it's like someone sent smoke signals up near a phone transmitter telling everyone to ring me in the same day .. :LOL:

Last edited:
Can you believe it ?... another day... yep....that's actually 2 days in a row where I've not been knocking my pipe out going here , there and everywhere or cleaning within an inch of this house's life..

Today of course, a little bit more vac'ing..because i autumn leaves get trodden into the door mats back and front door, so I have to vac every day .

I got some lasagne made for dinner.. but I've been poorly today so I only ate a little bit of it, not feeling up to eating very much..

Had several business calls today , in fact at one point the phone seemed to be ringing almost constantly no sooner had I hung up from one caller, the next was calling.. right up until after 7pm...

Some days nothing happens at all and the phone doesn't ring, and other days it's like someone sent smoke signals up near a phone transmitter telling everyone to ring me in the same day .. :LOL:
Hope you feel better and soon, @hollydolly .

I left early for my appointment at the hospital so I could stop off in town and get my hair trimmed...( pouring of rain today and all the fallen leaves had left a golden autumnal carpet in the car park)

In and out of the Hair salon quickly.. .. decent cut , and cheap too ...
IMG-1723.jpg

As the salon is in the centre of town next to all the retail stores..I had time to pick up a few other things before heading over to the hospital which is out of town.. still made it with 10 mins to spare..

Had the CT scan with contrast.. not for the first time so I knew what to expect, but afterwards they told me to wait for 15 mins in the radiology waiting room before they could remove the cannula from my arm..... I joked with them about not forgetting about me.. and they did.. it was 40 mins before they remembered and someone came and got me 😣
IMG-1727.jpg
...because I was in radiology I had no phone signal.. so it was a long wait doing very little to pass the time but write my diary so I started practising taking selfies.. hahaha.. it's so awkward I don't know why people do this so much..

Don't worry the waiting room was entirely empty, I wouldn't have done it if anyone else had been there... 🤓🤪
Love the haircut & your color.
Had many CT scans & MRIs with & without contrast. They have to watch if they do a scan on me with contrast or dye as I have stage 3 CKD. That contrast could send me into stage 4 or have to get dialysis of kidneys. So I have to sit or lay there for 2+ hrs. while they run 2+ huge bags of IV fluid through me full bore to flush out the contrast.

I'm now waiting on word back from the woman orthopedic Dr. as she wants to do an MRI of my right knee. She thinks I have a torn something in there. The problem is I have a partial knee replacement of that knee back in 03, which was only supposed to last 7 to 10 years. So there is metal in there. She said it can be done but it takes a special machine & people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back