What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took 2 people working on different arms 45 minutes to get the IV in. It didn't hurt a bit and they did a great job, since they were successful. I was glad they kept trying. They kept apologizing, and I kept saying they were doing great and it didn't hurt. Really wonderful people here at our medical establishments. The CT scan itself took 5 minutes.

First day at work was ein Stück Kuchen. Second day? Die Strafe (punishment)! Grocery stores are crazy on Saturday. I can only imagine what's in "store" for me.

I was supposed to only work three days a week, six hours a day. Since the other clerk is on vacay next week and then going to a different store after that, I guess I'm gonna be scheduled five days a week, six hours a day. Oy! Right now it looks like Sundays and Mondays off.

I'll give it a whirl but won't hesitate to object (fiercely) if I can't manage working that much. Geez. I'm old, yanno?

It took 2 people working on different arms 45 minutes to get the IV in. It didn't hurt a bit and they did a great job, since they were successful. I was glad they kept trying. They kept apologizing, and I kept saying they were doing great and it didn't hurt. Really wonderful people here at our medical establishments. The CT scan itself took 5 minutes.
I had a CT scan myself about 3 or 4 weeks ago..one of many over the years... ( but thankfully not for anything as serious as your current situ, bless your stoic heart)...45minutes tho'.. why did it take so long to get the IV in, have you no veins left ?... :(

I had a CT scan myself about 3 or 4 weeks ago..one of many over the years... ( but thankfully not for anything as serious as your current situ, bless your stoic heart)...45minutes tho'.. why did it take so long to get the IV in, have you no veins left ?... :(
Chemo deleteriously effects the veins it passes through. I have a port, and it is supposed to be easier on the veins, if only because the other option is to have an IV placed during every treatment. The port goes into the jugular vein, which gives me the creeps.

@Ruthanne
I hope your adorable and wonderful doggie, did well at her appointment! 🐶:love:
Thanks @Kaila she was not in a cooperative mood and did not want to go get her ears cleaned or her shot or exam. She pulled away from the Tech that came to get her so I told her it would go better if she carried her.

Poor doggie has been limping a little. The Vet said the smaller breeds get arthritis in the arm joints. So the Vet had me start her on glucosamine and chondroitin chews. I gave her the first one this evening after her dinner.

Also putting drops in her ears. She's forever getting ear infections. They cleaned her ears because she runs and hides when I try to do it. After she is done with the ear infection drops I'll take her back for several more cleanings. I have to take a stool sample back to them soon, too.

She got her Lepto vaccine and is up to date on vaccines.

Suzy dog is happy to be back home 🏘️ after the ordeal.❤️👍🌺🐶

Last edited:
I feel like Debbie Downer, but I finally picked up the Death Certificates for my mother, who passed away on November 9. I can't close out her bank account because Social Security made a direct deposit recently and they will be clawing it back from her bank account. I sat on the phone with Social Security for 30 minutes and just hung up. I can't even let them know she is no longer alive.

Next week will be spent on the phone with various pension and insurance organizations to let them know she passed away. I really can't believe how drawn out this process has become.

It's 6 a.m. and I don't usually do laundry two mornings in a row but this morning, I went down to the laundry room at 2:45. No one is there at that time and the place is nice and clean (most times at that hour). I had gone down yesterday around 3:45. Both times I woke up early and didn't quite know what to do with myself after eating my snack and finishing my meds. I'm glad I had sorted the laundry already.

As for the rest of the day, I'll be drying the laundry and putting things away. I still didn't finish putting everything away from yesterday. I'll be simultaneously playing catch up with my social networking both here and on Facebook. I'd like to get a little cleaning done and hopefully work on some music. Also doing some financial stuff, which I wind up doing a few days a week.

Last edited:
Talking of Laundry.
My daughter has her brand new Matching washer and dryer situated in her Garage... both are only a few months old and cost the best part of £2k . She has them sitting on a wide stone plinth , and does her washing during the night when her electricity is cheaper.

At 5 am this morning she went into the garage and noticed her laundry basket on the floor , and for a second thought it had been thrown off the washer caused by the speed of the spinner.. until she saw her Brand new washing machine face down on the concrete...:eek: it had obviously been creeping ever closer to the edge without her realising

...she had to lift that heavy machine up by herself, and all of the front of it is damaged, including the door, which won't close properly.. ...

Whats-App-Image-2021-12-04-at-6-51-43-AM.jpg

Talking of Laundry.
My daughter has her brand new Matching washer and dryer situated in her Garage... both are only a few months old and cost the best part of £2k . She has them sitting on a wide stone plinth , and does her washing during the night when her electricity is cheaper.

At 5 am this morning she went into the garage and noticed her laundry basket on the floor , and for a second thought it had been thrown off the washer caused by the speed of the spinner.. until she saw her Brand new washing machine face down on the concrete...:eek: it had obviously been creeping ever closer to the edge without her realising

...she had to lift that heavy machine up by herself, and all of the front of it is damaged, including the door, which won't close properly.. ...

Whats-App-Image-2021-12-04-at-6-51-43-AM.jpg
Oh NO! That's too bad HD. Can the washer still be used? Can they fix it without costing her another fortune I wonder?

My daughter made an appointment to get her hair cut and dyed back to its natural color. She is leaving for CA on Friday, and wants to look good for her brothers. Do you believe that? I don't, but it doesn't matter.

So I bit the bullet and called the salon and made an appointment with the only stylist I trust. We are going this morning. I don't expect miracles, since my hair is curly and is about 2" long at this point. It is always curly when it is short.

My goal is simple this time: I do not want to look like an ostrich. It is noticeably (to me, at least) longer on the right side of my head, for some reason. It also sticks straight up on top. It reminds my of one of my sons. When he was a baby, he had a lot of hair and it stood straight up on top -- it was 3" or 4" long. Every time Iooked at it, I wanted to mow his head.

I just made a cup of coffee and forgot to put the coffee cup on the coffee maker. My counter is awash with coffee. No, I am not going to lick it up. (Although it's tempting. I have to get my hair cut in a few minutes.)

Last edited:
So the Vet had me start her on glucosamine and chondroitin chews. I gave her the first one this evening after her dinner.

Also putting drops in her ears. She's forever getting ear infections.

Does she like those chews? I hope so! :)

Does she shake her head quickly, as soon as she possibly can, after you put the drops in her ears? :rolleyes:
I had that experience (repeatedly) with the cat, so I had to hold onto her, and massage her, etc....as long as I possibly could, each time.:oops:

Suzy dog is happy to be back home 🏘️ after the ordeal.

I'll bet you are both glad for that! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back