What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she like those chews? I hope so! :)

Does she shake her head quickly, as soon as she possibly can, after you put the drops in her ears? :rolleyes:
I had that experience (repeatedly) with the cat, so I had to hold onto her, and massage her, etc....as long as I possibly could, each time.:oops:

I'll bet you are both glad for that! :love:
Yes she seems to like the chews and yes she shakes her head after putting the drops in but, like you, I massage her ears. She doesn't like it one bit either 😉. Thanks @Kaila

Today, I attended two, not one but two Christmas parades. AND a farmer's market. AND a humongous community event complete with tree lighting, lighted displays, music and a huge fireworks display. That involved a walk of about two miles.

This was in the company of two young'uns, 2 and 5, who were over-stimulated, over-sugared and total heathens at the best of times. Tantrums were thrown and I'll have to admit one of them was mine.....

I feel like I'm 100 years old, everything hurts and I'm exhausted.

I'd probably do it again, but it'll take me til next year to remember why.

I cooked a brisket for the final day of Hanukkah... kind of. It's actually a pot roast that I prepared like a brisket but slow cooked it in a Crock-Pot. The only briskets I could find at King Sooper's were almost $100! I got this roast on sale for $10. It came out pretty tasty!

To go with it, I'm made a potato kugel which I put a little too much salt in, as I tend to do for some reason. I think I'll make another one tomorrow and try to refrain from putting so much salt in it. DOH!

I'm going to pick up some challah bread and take everything down to the nursing home so my wife and I can celebrate together (plus we're going to watch the Broncos game).

On my early morning walk at 6:45,walked halfway down street,temp was 34
This morning,I'll be at our later church service at 10:30.I'm giving flowers today in memory of my parents, one of my mom's best friends Mary Kent,in honor of their Dec birthdays. Mom&MK grew up together, their birthdays are 2 days apart,same age,dad's birthday is 5 days after mom's. I do this every year
The rest of my day read local paper,talk to my brother ,read my book,try to get another walk in before it gets too windy

Not been doing much today. Heavy rain and cold today..I have been trying to attach some non-slip material to the soles of my lovely dressy boots because they're just unwearable otherwise, but I just can't seem to get anything to stop them slipping like a banana skin on an ice rink...

Been transferring some photos from my Mac to my phone.. usually its the other way around.

Hung my Christmas wreath at the front door using Command strips.
Last year we had the ring doorbell on the frame of the door and o/h moved it this summer onto the middle of the actual door, so I had to measure carefully so as not to have the wreath blocking the Video doorbell now..

The snow is taking care of my time today.......shovelling......keeping the deck and patio, and paths for the guys to do their jobs cleared.
And as always......with the paths cleared for them.....they will still venture out elsewhere......silly guys.
Not sure about the driveway......see at the end of the day, how much more it snows......may have our local business clear it.

More decorating. Mrs. L is doing the painting and I'm hanging the wallpaper. Unfortunately, with an old house, the walls aren't exactly straight, but I'm managing - slowly.

After getting power back, and mobile network being restored, the phone signal has died again. Maybe still power supply problems? The mast appears to be shated with two or three network providers, so quite a few people are without phone and / or internet.

I'm resting. Today and tomorrow off, then back to the bakery.

Have done very little this morning. Spread some weed & feed on the part of the lawn where I killed most of the dollarweed. Mother nature has decided to like me today because as soon as I was done spreading, it started raining. Saves me having to go out and water it in. Yay!

Next up is digging out Christmas stuff.

Yep........was a fun filled day of shovelling snow.....did everything in the back twice.....never touched the driveway.....see how i feel about snow in the morning......might just express it down south....way south....where a lot of you are......you can thank me ahead of time if you want.

Raining and grey and thoroughly miserable out there.🌧️🌩️☔ Happy to be staying home...

I had the best sleep last night. For the first time in a year I put a duvet on the bed instead of just my comforter which is usually way warm enough for me, but we've had some really icy nights lately, and so I changed the bedding. Wow! best sleep I've had in months... it was like sleeping in a cloud!

Today I'm searching for a new home for my Daughter. She works full time so it's hard for her to find the time to do the searches herself. I have the whole of the East coast to search through ..that's my instructions...

Last edited:
I cooked a brisket for the final day of Hanukkah... kind of. It's actually a pot roast that I prepared like a brisket but slow cooked it in a Crock-Pot. The only briskets I could find at King Sooper's were almost $100! I got this roast on sale for $10. It came out pretty tasty!
How did you prepare it to be like a brisket? I have not seen a brisket in my stores at all.

Whole of the East coast - that's a lot of searching. When we decided to leave Hampshire and move back north, we concentrated on the East coast too, but starting north of Essex. We loaded up the motorhome and had a look at a few places, avoiding cities. I wish we had spent a bit more time looking round Northumberland and the Scottish borders.

It started out wet this morning, but it's cleared up now and is looking quite nice. I've just about finished the wall papering, so now it's painting.

It is raining here this morning so kind of a dreary, gray day.

I am making almond milk after I finish my coffee (a concentrate that I buy) and then making Keto Chow with half of it. I thawed out some chicken last night and going to make a low carb chicken soup for supper in the Instant Pot, of course. After that my aide should be here and I can watch her work.........ha ha. Just kidding. It is hard for me to watch her do my chores, but my knees are pretty painful right now so I am reminded not to help her by them.

Rabbit is sitting at attention watching me waiting for his morning banana, so I better get busy. Have a good day!

How did you prepare it to be like a brisket? I have not seen a brisket in my stores at all.
Brisket is a relatively cheap cut of beef in the UK, so I wonder if it's the same cut as in the USA. Pot roast generally uses something like 'Silverside'. The names in Scotland can be different too. I mainly use 'Plate' which is the cut below the rib and behind the brisket.

Whole of the East coast - that's a lot of searching. When we decided to leave Hampshire and move back north, we concentrated on the East coast too, but starting north of Essex. We loaded up the motorhome and had a look at a few places, avoiding cities. I wish we had spent a bit more time looking round Northumberland and the Scottish borders.

It started out wet this morning, but it's cleared up now and is looking quite nice. I've just about finished the wall papering, so now it's painting.
yes not really the WHOLE of the East Coast...I'm starting around Cromer in Norfolk and working up country ...further south than that is too expensive for her

yes not really the WHOLE of the East Coast...I'm starting around Cromer in Norfolk and working up country ...further south than that is too expensive for her
We looked round the North Norfolk coast - Sheringham, Wells next the sea etc. but didn't see anything we fancied / could afford. Kings Lynn was pretty grotty.
We also looked seriously at Lincolnshire where the prices seemed reasonable, but it seemed even more flat and boring than I remembered it!
Actually, Skeggy didn't look too bad, but it must be hell in summer and it's wall-to-wall caravan parks from there north. There were some nice villages though, if you don't want to be right on the coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back