What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WheatenLover I understand. I get more tired doing nothing than working hard!
This is chemo fatigue, which should be gone in 6 months to a year. I literally cannot stay awake. I never work hard, by my standards. I used to work hard, physically and mentally, and I'd have that good kind of tired when I went to bed ... like I'd accomplished something, because I had. I especially liked working outside. There was plenty to do, and I enjoyed it.

Should wrap some presents. That is my least favorite Christmas chore. How about you?
I love wrapping presents. When the kids were little, I wrapped the kitchen cabinet doors, too, and decorated their bedroom doors. My former mother-in-law had the art of wrapping gifts down pat. We'd set up her dining room table with the present decor (huge boxes of it), and she taught me how to make them look gorgeous. The extended family would all join in. I don't do that any more. I also learned to "save the bows", which was my MIL's battle cry on Christmas morning. She was a truly lovely woman.

My least favorite Christmas chores were lighting the tree, and putting batteries in the kids' presents so they could play with them right away. I'd also take the toys out of the boxes and wrap them, to save having a lot of boxes to get rid of on Christmas morning. Oh, and putting together a rocking horse and a log cabin playhouse.
Brisket is a relatively cheap cut of beef in the UK, so I wonder if it's the same cut as in the USA. Pot roast generally uses something like 'Silverside'. The names in Scotland can be different too. I mainly use 'Plate' which is the cut below the rib and behind the brisket.
Here in the US, I use chuck roast when I make pot roast. I have no idea where the cut is located.

Unloading stuff is very freeing. Believe me. I'm a gramma and grammas don't lie.
My Grandma always told me that lying was bad, but a little fib was ok! 😁
@WheatenLover I understand. I get more tired doing nothing than working hard!

This morning DD and I will be off to run some errands. After that who knows?

Why do I keep thinking this is Tuesday. It's Monday. All day.
It was Mon at this time last week, too!

Today I'm searching for a new home for my Daughter. She works full time so it's hard for her to find the time to do the searches herself. I have the whole of the East coast to search through ..that's my instructions...
First, what is the difference between a duvet and a comforter? Here, we put duvet covers on our comforters (plump and filled with down or a non-animal product), and use quilts or other lighter bed covering in warm weather. This is true everywhere I've lived in the US, and maybe is not true for other areas of the country.

Second, I love house hunting. It took me 2 months to find a suitable house to rent. There were none! So I asked my good friend, now also my landlord, if I could move into one of his houses that had been empty for 5 years. It took him 3 months to get it ready, and my sons helped him, as did professionals.

Once, I found a gorgeous and big house, totally renovated, a few steps from the library. It was over 100 years old. It was decorated exactly as I would have done, down to the paint colors. It was the kind of house I would have loved to come home to, inside and out. The price was low, I thought, but maybe it was the market. I told my friend/landlord about it, and he offered to buy it for me to live in! I declined, and insisted on paying market rent for the house I'm renting from him now. When this man has a close friend, he is very generous with them. I don't want to take advantage of him. He "takes care" of a friend he's known since school days ... he buys her new cars when she wrecks the one she has, and is very generous otherwise. I don't think she is taking advantage of him. She has a very sad life story and no relatives nearby, so he has more or less taken her on as a relative. Unfortunately, she is extremely jealous of any female who talks to him, and wants to marry him. Theirs is a platonic relationship, and he has been dating someone for a long time, but it is a secret.

First, what is the difference between a duvet and a comforter? Here, we put duvet covers on our comforters (plump and filled with down or a non-animal product), and use quilts or other lighter bed covering in warm weather. This is true everywhere I've lived in the US, and maybe is not true for other areas of the country.

Second, I love house hunting. It took me 2 months to find a suitable house to rent. There were none! So I asked my good friend, now also my landlord, if I could move into one of his houses that had been empty for 5 years. It took him 3 months to get it ready, and my sons helped him, as did professionals.

Once, I found a gorgeous and big house, totally renovated, a few steps from the library. It was over 100 years old. It was decorated exactly as I would have done, down to the paint colors. It was the kind of house I would have loved to come home to, inside and out. The price was low, I thought, but maybe it was the market. I told my friend/landlord about it, and he offered to buy it for me to live in! I declined, and insisted on paying market rent for the house I'm renting from him now. When this man has a close friend, he is very generous with them. I don't want to take advantage of him. He "takes care" of a friend he's known since school days ... he buys her new cars when she wrecks the one she has, and is very generous otherwise. I don't think she is taking advantage of him. She has a very sad life story and no relatives nearby, so he has more or less taken her on as a relative. Unfortunately, she is extremely jealous of any female who talks to him, and wants to marry him. Theirs is a platonic relationship, and he has been dating someone for a long time, but it is a secret.
WE put Duvet covers on Duvets, which are filled with feathers, or some padded material.... comforters are like quilts.. don't need covers, and usually have their own colour not white like a duvet and not filled with feathers

I worked my butt off over the weekend so I am home early. Too tired to prepare more than a bowl of oatmeal for supper. It’s 6pm and I’m already horizontal, heating pad on my tootsies and looking forward to continuing a good cozy mystery.
...and you deserve every bit of your rest...enjoy.....
animated-girl-reading.gif

On my early morning walk at 6:45,walked halfway down street,temp was 34
This morning,I'll be at our later church service at 10:30.I'm giving flowers today in memory of my parents, one of my mom's best friends Mary Kent,in honor of their Dec birthdays. Mom&MK grew up together, their birthdays are 2 days apart,same age,dad's birthday is 5 days after mom's. I do this every year
The rest of my day read local paper,talk to my brother ,read my book,try to get another walk in before it gets too windy
That's very sweet mq!

So far Suzy dog loves her glucosamine and chondroitin chews, I'm glad to say. It says that it can take 4 to 6 weeks for joint improvement in them. I hope it will stop the little limp she has. She only has it after lying down for some time. The Vet said she didn't see the limp but thought it was arthritis. I've already thought she has arthritis in her limbs because several years ago she was no longer able to jump up into the bed. So, I've been picking her up and putting her next to me in the bed when she scratches on the bed frame to tell me she wants up.

Listening to some Dylan now on Spotify. Does anyone else here use Spotify? They have every kind of music you could want. I use the Spotify web player most of the time. I also play my stereo at times but not too often because it's so powerful it may bother the neighbors. I do keep it down, though, when I do. But it sounds best real loud! lol.

Going to watch the Voice now. It's nearing the end of the season now. A good night to all!

We are having a little warm December......I'm waiting for snow....
Someone told me yesterday, they had snow for 5 minutes where they live....Then the sun came out....
Love to all.....Merry Christmas and a wonderful Happy New Year.....
Finely I am getting together my friends that haven't seen in a long time....
And we will not put a mask on our face .....we are all vaccinated and more

I had my very first Medicare Annual Wellness appointment with my family doctor. I was asked so many questions and was poked here and there. My low back is killing me after being on that stretcher. I flunked my Dementia Quiz. Next time I'm writing those 5 items on my hand. lol​

Addendum: And my b/p was sky high for once. I don't know why; I guess that Dementia Quiz did me in. I came home and slept 3 hours as I had not slept much the night before. What a day....

Last edited:

I had my very first Medicare Annual Wellness appointment with my family doctor. I was asked so many questions and was poked here and there. My low back is killing me after being on that stretcher. I flunked my Dementia Quiz. Next time I'm writing those 5 items on my hand. lol​

Addendum: And my b/p was sky high for once. I don't know why; I guess that Dementia Quiz did me in. I came home and slept 3 hours as I had not slept much the night before. What a day....
You need a rest after all that Pam, sending you a 🤗

My BP has gone way up when nervous, too, Pam. I hope it comes back down to normal. 💗

This morning I'll be going into the Canopy of Neigbors office to do some filing or anything else Sasha{exec dir} and Wendy{vol director} want me to do.
Afterwards, walk a block over to Walgreens,need couple of items
The rest of my day read NYT,my book,after dinner tackle the daily NYT crossword puzzle,turn on TV around 9

Excitement of the day is over......garbage to the curb.
Still have some snow on the deck to shovel off, and some paths for the guys that the wind blew in.
Still working on refreshing my journal of online sites info, etc. Turned out to be time consuming.
Have been racking my brain about having 3 junk drawers in the kitchen.....why do i have 3 of them.....still waiting for something productive about them to enter my brain...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back