What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I am mostly working on my old photos project, Taking me a long time because there are a lot of them (thank you, Mom!). I don't think my aide will be coming today because she has a cold and I told her not to come until it is gone. I am not taking a chance that I will catch a cold. Right now, just coffee.
I have five boxes, the size which hold 30 hardcover books for adults, of photos of my children. Sorting through them is a nightmare. Plus, there are decisions to make. When only 2 kids are in a photo, should all 4 get a copy, etc. If not, what about 3 kids or 4 in the same photo? My executive function skills are totally flummoxed by all these photos!

There are several copies of each photo, because at the time I just kept clicking in case some of the photos were better than others, or to catch expressions that only a mother could see had changed. All those extra photos look alike. On top of that, I ordered doubles of each.

I am considering just bequeathing the boxes to my kids. When I'm dead, I won't care what happens to the photos. Right now, they don't want those boxes foisted off on them.

@WheatenLover, Holy cr@p. Between the two of us, and probably among dozens of us, we could collaborate and write a best seller📖

@MickaC I've wondered why we keep the whole cookbook when there are only a couple of recipes that we use. A couple of years ago I copied the ones I use and stored them in my computer's recipe file, then sold the books at a yard sale. I did keep some of them for purely sentimental reasons...my mother's from her high school home ec class, the first one I ever got...the ones like that.

The muffins are done and sitting on DD's kitchen counter. DSIL has to work until 4 today, and he'll probably grab a couple of them to take with him.

Morning chores done. Now I don't have an excuse for not getting started on the blankety-blank potatoes.

Guess what i found to sort through and minimize........cook books !!!!!!!!!!!!
I did that about a year ago! Each book had one or two recipes in it that I liked....and the books take up so much space! I don't cook like I used to, and I can find most recipes online. I donated the books to charity....but I did keep my hand written "special" recipes! LOL

On my early morning walk around 6:50,it was cloudy,temp was 46. I went to local 7/11 to buy some milk,light traffic,saw a couple runners,1 person walking their dog
My only plan today is vacuum living room,read my book,NYT. If its not raining,take another walk I hope we have a 'family thanksgiving zoom' meeting this afternoon, we haven't done this since 1st Sun in Oct

@WheatenLover, Holy cr@p. Between the two of us, and probably among dozens of us, we could collaborate and write a best seller📖

@MickaC I've wondered why we keep the whole cookbook when there are only a couple of recipes that we use. A couple of years ago I copied the ones I use and stored them in my computer's recipe file, then sold the books at a yard sale. I did keep some of them for purely sentimental reasons...my mother's from her high school home ec class, the first one I ever got...the ones like that.

The muffins are done and sitting on DD's kitchen counter. DSIL has to work until 4 today, and he'll probably grab a couple of them to take with him.

Morning chores done. Now I don't have an excuse for not getting started on the blankety-blank potatoes.
You make me tired, I don't know where you get the energy to do all that you do!

Enjoy your Turkey Day! R (4).jpeg

Beautiful sunny morning today after 4 days of rain and high winds.
Today, we are going to our clubhouse for Thanksgiving dinner. The whole park is invited and everyone is asked to bring a dish to pass. One thing for sure. There should be enough food to feed an army.
The HOA directors are suppling the turkey and the rest by members.
Sounds good! Hopefully, we will be doing something similar at the VFW. Enjoy!

I have five boxes, the size which hold 30 hardcover books for adults, of photos of my children. Sorting through them is a nightmare. Plus, there are decisions to make. When only 2 kids are in a photo, should all 4 get a copy, etc. If not, what about 3 kids or 4 in the same photo? My executive function skills are totally flummoxed by all these photos!

There are several copies of each photo, because at the time I just kept clicking in case some of the photos were better than others, or to catch expressions that only a mother could see had changed. All those extra photos look alike. On top of that, I ordered doubles of each.

I am considering just bequeathing the boxes to my kids. When I'm dead, I won't care what happens to the photos. Right now, they don't want those boxes foisted off on them.
I discovered that many of my cousins appreciated photos of their families that were taken by my mother over the years. Some of them had none. My cousin, who's mother (was my aunt and my mother's oldest sister) died in 1968 at 42. When I posted a picture of her my cousin got so excited! She didn't even have one! I sent her an envelope full of pictures. My mother was a camera bug from her early years and was always the one with the camera at family things.

Framed photographs that my mom had of my aunts and uncles were welcomed by many because even though they had seen these same photographs in their homes or my grandmother's they only had one. This way they could share with each other or grandchildren.

@Trila The way it's done is...energy begets energy. I do my best work early so if I can get started, I have enough oomph to carry me through whatever needs doing. After that? I start winding down around noon. Whatever hasn't been done isn't likely to get done!

Kids, I have boxes of old family photos that I tell myself is "winter work" but somehow when winter rolls around (at the same time every year!) I tell myself it's gonna be a long winter.

Oh...I came back here to see what everybody else was up to and to announce that...ta da!...the potatoes have been peeled and are cooking merrily on the stove. Yay me. When they're done, I'll mash them, add some ranch dressing mix, an 8 oz pkg of cream cheese, and a glob of sour cream.

We're getting ready to go to the oldest daughters house for Thanksgiving....the whole family should be there. It should be a real nice family day. It's a rather cold and windy day, but the sun has come out, so that should help.

We....my wife....did the Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking, etc., for years. Now, its the kids turns.

Last edited:
We....my wife....did the Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking, etc., for years. Now, its the kids turns.
I remember when I was about 22 years old, I took over Thanksgiving dinner. My mother was so grateful and surprised! I was glad I didn't screw up anything -- I had never done it before.

This year, my daughter is doing the bulk of the work, and I am grateful for that.

Here in central Missouri we have a cold front that is dropping the temp to 22 degrees tonight. It was 42 at 2 am now it is 27 and dropping. We had to bundle up and take the hike to our pump house to plug in a light bulb. That will be enough to keep it from freezing. We put in a small heater when it drops below 18...which won't be too long now. Also brought in a full rack of wood for today through tomorrow.

@Trila The way it's done is...energy begets energy. I do my best work early so if I can get started, I have enough oomph to carry me through whatever needs doing. After that? I start winding down around noon. Whatever hasn't been done isn't likely to get done!

Kids, I have boxes of old family photos that I tell myself is "winter work" but somehow when winter rolls around (at the same time every year!) I tell myself it's gonna be a long winter.

Oh...I came back here to see what everybody else was up to and to announce that...ta da!...the potatoes have been peeled and are cooking merrily on the stove. Yay me. When they're done, I'll mash them, add some ranch dressing mix, an 8 oz pkg of cream cheese, and a glob of sour cream.
That sounds delicious!

🐐 wishes you a happy Thanksgiving.....enjoy your day. ❤

Ha. If the younger generation in this household took over, we'd go hungry. DD can cook, she just hates to. Everything that I agreed to do has been done. Turkey breast in the oven as we speak. DD's stuff? She hasn't started yet. DGD's apple pie? She's still, as my daddy used to say, pounding her ear🛌😴Good thing we aren't eating until 5.

Yanno what? Being the person of virtue that I am, even the dishes have been washed. Virtue is supposedly its own reward. I'm waiting...

@Trila Happy Turkey Day to you and to GoatGuy🐐. I miss (most of) my peeps on the other forum:cry:

I tried to watch the Macy's parade, but it bored me this year. Guess I'll have to wait for the Parade of Roses on New Year's Day.

@Purwell Wow! I hadn't thought about Joe Hill in dog's years.

Heading over to my youngest son's house for the 'Dinner'.

Can't remember the last time the wife didn't prepare the meal.
Talked to my son last night and as it was ending, he reminded me to bring the Popcorn and he'd provide the pretzels and Toast.
Got a big laugh out of me.

He remembered the Charlie Brown special from days gone by.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back