What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Barbours' I've been buying them for decades... They're very popular coats among the country folk. I have a blue one and green , both waxed.. my husband has a couple, he prefers the jackets to the coats
They had both the waxed variety and the jacket… I went with the quilted jacket in camel Goes with my wardrobe more than the waxed one but both lovely and well made 😊

Been out most of the day, it's a horrible day. We have Storm Barra, and despite the flooding, the high winds and the torrential rain here.. 🌬️ 🌧️ apparently we've got it the least compared to the rest of the country , particularly Northern Ireland where most have been without power for ages..

I had to go west to the next large town for shopping and to fill the tank... that means driving through 6miles of country lanes from my house , which were flooded, so no way of knowing whether we're driving onto Potholes...

Then from there, drive over on the Motorway to the Farthest East of the county to my Dentist....driving in the pitch dark, in the storm, among the rush hour traffic... * Joy*

It's 6.20pm here and it's been pitch dark for hours...

Been out most of the day, it's a horrible day. We have Storm Barra, and despite the flooding, the high winds and the torrential rain here.. 🌬️ 🌧️ apparently we've got it the least compared to the rest of the country , particularly Northern Ireland where most have been without power for ages..

I had to go west to the next large town for shopping and to fill the tank... that means driving through 6miles of country lanes from my house , which were flooded, so no way of knowing whether we're driving onto Potholes...

Then from there, drive over on the Motorway to the Farthest East of the county to my Dentist....driving in the pitch dark, in the storm, among the rush hour traffic... * Joy*

It's 6.20pm here and it's been pitch dark for hours...
What is up with y’all weather, @hollydolly ? Seems like you’ve had more than your share this year 😔

What is up with y’all weather, @hollydolly ? Seems like you’ve had more than your share this year 😔
yep, we've had the weirdest weather all year CS, you're right. We had a super hot summer. Toooo hot here in the south tbh , and then the floods and the torrential rain and storms at the start of the year and now all through Autumn and into winter.. I dunno what on earth is happening. They blame it on Global warming, but who knows

Last edited:
Today is the start of the 2021/22 Ashes series. Australia v England.
First test to be played at the Gabba, Brisbane.
Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely from late this morning. The chance of a thunderstorm, possibly severe.
Similar forecast for every day of the 5 day test.
Telecast begins at 8am Perth time.
So I will be watching at 8am

I went grocery shopping and then to Rite Aid to get my meds. Fun day. Now back home to just hang out. I am personally proud of the fact that I remembered to buy milk and eggs.
Yanno what really grates my cheese? When I go to the store with my list and come home with everything on the list except that one thing that I didn't put on the list because I knew I'd remember it! You'd think I'd learn...

Saw the new cardiologist, explain all my symptoms and issues. My other cardiologist, the rhythm one, was kind of on and off about the AFIB diagnosed by my retired rhythm cardiologist. But this guy was; “yup proxy AFIB”, which is afib that lasts from seconds to hours and rarely occurs. Which agrees with my retired cardiologist said-so glad we got that nailed down. 😂

Then, as to the latest issues, the awful horrible chest pain and crazy symptoms. First he is doing a coronary angiography ct scan. The only heart test I have not had. 🤔😳. Shucks, how did I miss one? After that I am seeing a different electrophysiology cardiologist, a more competent one than the one I have now. As the cardiologist (pump doctor), thinks my natural pacemaker has bit the dusk. (I looked up the symptoms, I would agree.)

According to Dr Google when this happens a secondary natural pacemaker takes over, but does not do a very good job. I guess in January, if I live that long, I will be evaluated for a man made pacemaker.

In the meanwhile, he prescribed isosorbide mononitrate 30mg one pill a day. Apparently it’s a very dangerous medication, and it says I must tell EVERYONE in the medical profession that I am on it. EVERYONE. So. Alrighty.

It’s supposed to help me not have as much chest pain as often, but does not make any chest pain that you might be having better. I take this instead of nitro. Course if I get really bad chest pain and am unable to walk, on my walk, I need to go to the ER again. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Nope. I just can’t keep going to the ER.

I will start it Thursday, since I take Joey was HIS chest ct scan tomorrow and can’t risk a bad reaction to the medication. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Today, worked in kitchen for 1/2 hour. Laid down to rest my aching back and fell asleep for 6 hours. I'm getting tired of this! ;)

My daughter is making another of her delicious pot roasts to freeze, so I can eat it while she's gone. She leaves Friday morning and will back on the 22nd, late night.

I have felt boring all week (not bored). Tomorrow is my appointment with the oncologist at which I will find out the status of my health. I'm going to ask her to order a Covid antibody test to see how I'm doing since my immune system is weak.

Now back to work in the kitchen. I posted a Medicare question under health insurance, and if you know the answer, please respond. I don't want to screw this up and for some reason I can't find the answer myself. Thanks!

Yanno what really grates my cheese? When I go to the store with my list and come home with everything on the list except that one thing that I didn't put on the list because I knew I'd remember it! You'd think I'd learn...
There is a saying that I can relate to, it goes:
The biggest lie I tell myself is "I don't have to write that down, I'll remember that"! 😁

Today, worked in kitchen for 1/2 hour. Laid down to rest my aching back and fell asleep for 6 hours. I'm getting tired of this! ;)

My daughter is making another of her delicious pot roasts to freeze, so I can eat it while she's gone. She leaves Friday morning and will back on the 22nd, late night.

I have felt boring all week (not bored). Tomorrow is my appointment with the oncologist at which I will find out the status of my health. I'm going to ask her to order a Covid antibody test to see how I'm doing since my immune system is weak.

Now back to work in the kitchen. I posted a Medicare question under health insurance, and if you know the answer, please respond. I don't want to screw this up and for some reason I can't find the answer myself. Thanks!
Wishing you the best outcome you can wish for today..... 💐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back