What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend lady is coming to help me with my chores in a few minutes.. She happened to have some free time and said she will help. I have a stopped drain in my bathroom sink. How do you unclog? Maybe she will stop at the store if there is a needed product.
I usually use vinegar and sodium bicarbonate, but if it doesn't work, I then add some bleach. A combination of these and running hot water usually unclogs my sink.

@hollydolly Good grief, woman! You could have eaten all of that stuff and started your diet tomorrow. I. Am. Dismayed. And my grief knows no bounds. Besides that, chocolate has antioxidants.
Don't think I didn't think of it... :ROFLMAO: In truth I was going to start it yesterday but I ate cake.. so it had to go today before I ate any more, the more I put in me the longer it'll take to shift the fat...

Don't be hard on yourself, @hollydolly! I've also gone through dieting, and found out there has to be a happy medium. I don't throw everything out but use the cake or ice cream as a treat. If I have cravings, that means I am not getting enough protein or fat in my diet. So I've added more of those in my diet. Does that make sense? Be kind to yourself.
I understand mi chica... This isn't my first Rodeo unfortunately.. I'm a stress eater, so things can get out of hand easily.. and it's a while before I even notice.,

I can't have the sweet and fatty stuff in the house , because I'll eat it.. and promise myself I won't do it the next day.. so I have to be strict..

I'm eating anything that has under 4grms of fat per 100 grms.. ..nothing with high sugar... .. no oils.. no dressings ( except maybe a teaspoon of tomato ketchup).. I cannot give myself any rewards at all until I see the weight coming off..

The only difference with this diet and the last was that I can't do the same 45 minute low impact aerobic workout as I did before, due to my dodgy knee.. so I'll be doing 10 minutes a day on the treadmill and a couple of minutes skipping with a rope.. and hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll start to lose what I've gained..

Today is Thursday, so there is a little pressure to finish pushing through my to do list before the weekend. The fact my lady friend showed up to help yesterday made so much difference. As long as I've known her, I've never seen her miss a night's work, and when all else fails she comes through. So, finally there is a little progress here. I've enjoyed reading the posts. There is more to go, so I'll be busy again today and tomorrow. I hope all of you have a nice day.

Today I successfully defended my Ph.D. dissertation! I had to give a 10 minute presentation, and then the committee of three professors asked me questions. They were very positive toward me and said they liked my qualitative dissertation. It was over in an hour. I am still feeling dazed. These past three years that I've been working so diligently on getting this degree finally paid off. I don't know whether to cry or laugh! Besides, I am still getting over Covid, so my voice was a little rough and I had to rely on cough drops and water to keep from coughing. Now I will just rest....
Oh, congratulations, Doctor. What a fabulous accomplishment!

I woke up at 5:50 this morning, it wasn't the birdies this time.Yesterday it was a hot/humid day temp hit 90. I went to bed last night around 10:15 it was 75/still humid no wind,had the fan going all night When I went outside to water the plants/ flowers in the garden at 6:15am was still humid with slight breeze temp hadn't changed, luckily its was cloudy
This morning Mary&I went on our weekly 'road trip' went to $store{everything now is $1.25} bought some cookies,pens. We walked 3 stores over to Marshall's, I was looking for a shower cap,found it
The rest of my day read NYT,started another book. My late next door neighbor, Pat's apt has been sold, they guys were in today ripping up the carpet,putting in new floors. I went outside to sit in the garden to get away from the noise,I lasted 20min when it started to rain,they were finished when I came back upstairs

Please....I've been trying all day not to think about it.. :cry:...I had to do it for the sake of my new health regime.. .. but believe me I didn't want to.. I had a whole lemon drizzle cake, some chocolate mallow cakes.. and the peppermint dark chocolate, I had no choice... I would never stick to the diet with that stuff in the house.. they had to go.... 😰
@hollydolly Good grief, woman! You could have eaten all of that stuff and started your diet tomorrow. I. Am. Dismayed. And my grief knows no bounds. Besides that, chocolate has antioxidants.
The tragic loss of all that innocent chocolate is just too sad to contemplate...

I understand mi chica... This isn't my first Rodeo unfortunately.. I'm a stress eater, so things can get out of hand easily.. and it's a while before I even notice.,

I can't have the sweet and fatty stuff in the house , because I'll eat it.. and promise myself I won't do it the next day.. so I have to be strict..

I'm eating anything that has under 4grms of fat per 100 grms.. ..nothing with high sugar... .. no oils.. no dressings ( except maybe a teaspoon of tomato ketchup).. I cannot give myself any rewards at all until I see the weight coming off..

The only difference with this diet and the last was that I can't do the same 45 minute low impact aerobic workout as I did before, due to my dodgy knee.. so I'll be doing 10 minutes a day on the treadmill and a couple of minutes skipping with a rope.. and hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll start to lose what I've gained..
All joking aside, you know that I wish you the best. It sounds as if you've got a workable plan in place.

I'm pretty good at staying away from fats and oils, but find sweets - especially chocolate - extremely difficult to resist.

We lost the Wi-Fi around 10 p.m.last night, and it didn't come back until this evening. So, I have not read any posts, today....maybe tomorrow I can catch up.

I achieved another one of my mini goals today...I can write with my right hand! Not very well, but it still looks better than what my left hand does! I still can not eat with my right hand though, the wrist won't bend the way I need it to. Maybe that will be my next mini goal.

Time to say good night..
emoticon

So far enjoying the cool? morning Its 66* here.

Thinking about lunch as hubby picked up some thin steaks. Sandwich steaks?
He wants them stuffed,,ok I can do that .
What do you want them cooked in?
He suggested mushroom soup made into gravy .

Vetoed that idea,, we've had too many meat dishes with that.
I'll make a tomato sauce to go over the steaks.

I have a lady from local historical society coming to look at some old photos.
Am going to donate as much old family items as they will take.
Photos, journal, recipe book,, glass doll house things.

To be clear why I am doing this ,, sons have no interest in being stuck with them.

I went down to the laundry room and washed a double load about 1:30 a.m. I'll wait until about 8:00 to start drying the clothes because I have to clean out my dryer's lint trap using the vacuum and Lint Lizard attachment. I don't like to run the vacuum too early out of courtesy to my neighbors . I want to watch T.V. while it's quiet, before my son gets home, which can be as early as 2:00 p.m. I need to sanitize a few masks, load and run the dishwasher after I finish drying the clothes (I can't do both at the same time), do some more practicing. I'd like to do some light cleaning and put at least some of the clothes away. I also need to catch up on my Facebook-ing.

Thanks for the support @MickaC ....I'm determined! I fully understand that if it doesn't hurt, it's not doing me any good! The thing is, I can tolerate the pain, IF I can see some results!
View attachment 232599
It seems like such a small thing, but for me it's a huge accomplishment!
Just seeing this Trila. How's your hand and how is the therapy coming along?
@Patricia I'm sorry you had to suffer through shingles. I didn't see your OP about it. How are you doing now? Shingles "ain't no joke" as they say...my niece had it and was out of work for months.

Finishing up my morning coffee now and then taking my shower......which is not an easy task now. My water bottle had leaked and was coming out of from under the dispenser and I thought it was the dispenser. So put it all in the shower the day before yesterday. Turned out, I believe (I may be wrong) to be the bottle was leaking somewhere. So I had to take the dispenser out of the shower to use it and will put it back in when I am done. Don't want to chance it. I am leaving the water bottle in a corner of the shower as it does not interfere with my shower chair in any way (shower is pretty big).

I am planning on taking at least a small walk when I go out to the dumpster this morning. I get as much done in the morning before I go out to the dumpster as I can. Then when I come back I can think about making my first meal of the day which should be around eleven. My energy level is highest in the morning so that usually works.

It is Friday evening and I am finally over the horrible weather we had here in South Australia yesterday....all day yesterday
I am not big on windy weather as I have difficulty breathing due to Ankylosing Spondylitis (now that is a mouthful and a half) which is causing my spine to fuse solid and does not let me move my rib cage properly so breathing can be difficult. Most times I am fine but standing in gale force winds of 110kph/70mph well that makes breathing difficult so I stayed inside. Plus it rained and rained and rained...yes there was a lot of rain. I don't begrudge the rain but I don't want it dumped on us all in one day....over several days would be good.
Still we can't always have our druthers can we?

Definitely not a good start to the day.
Foster daughters partner rolled the work truck last nite coming home from work, was just outside of town.
He broke his sternum and fractured his shoulder.
He fell asleep at the wheel.
Is in hospital 2 1/2 hours from here….she’s going in there today and hopefully he’ll come home tomorrow or the next day.

We are adopting the dog we met on a meet-and-greet a couple of days ago. (Yay!) He'll be delivered to our house tomorrow - the rescue agency has to check our house to make sure it's ok (???). We sent photos, but apparently that's not enough these days.

I get that some people abuse or don't properly care for animals, but I brought three human babies home from the hospital with less drama and far fewer forms. (For this dog, we had to sign an EIGHT page adoption agreement, plus pony up $450 for an animal that was "rescued" from a no-kill pound by this organization.)

Dog recuses go to public shelters, scoop up the most adoptable dogs and leave the old, sick, and less desirable breeds (for example, pit bulls and some other breeds are specifically excluded from the liability insurance portion of most US homeowner insurance plans).

Adopting a dog from a public shelter (supported by my taxes) costs $70 - $100. This rescue was relatively inexpensive at $450 (supposedly a "donation" but good luck getting the dog if you don't pay it.) Most rescues actually charge more than that, with some encouraging bidding wars between interested families. Wish I were kidding, but I'm not.

Rant over.

Bottom line: we're delighted to be bringing a new dog into our home. According to their vet's guesstimate, he's about 1-1/2 years old and a miniature schnauzer/poodle mix. He's a good size for us at roughly 18 lbs, is charcoal in color, and very shy. He'll undoubtedly warm up after he settles in.

Most important to us, he's small enough to be easily wrangled by seniors, isn't extremely high energy and doesn't need a great deal of exercise (like an Australian shepherd might, for instance), shows no aggression whatsoever, is fine around adults and children, gets along with other dogs, is house-broken, and doesn't shed.

I'll post a photo when we get him. DH and I haven't yet settled on a name. We'll see what fits him.

With great sadness, today I'll wash all of our previous pup's bedding, blankets, etc. I will love and miss my little buddy for the rest of my life.

Though I mourn him deeply, I do so with gratitude. How fortunate I've been to have had three dogs in this lifetime who were special above the rest. I loved each of them so much that the partings were excruciating.

Just seeing this Trila. How's your hand and how is the therapy coming along?
@Patricia I'm sorry you had to suffer through shingles. I didn't see your OP about it. How are you doing now? Shingles "ain't no joke" as they say...my niece had it and was out of work for months.
@OneEyedDiva
My shoulder still hurts and the PT progress slow but steady. I'm doing as much PT while at home, as I can. The problem for me is that it is very hard to see my progress...and I'm the type who needs that. Well, I keep doing what I'm supposed to do. Maybe they can measure my progress at PT next week, and give me some numbers to compare with. That might help.

My hand/wrist is coming along much better then my shoulder! I keep setting mini goals for myself....and I'm very determined to succeed!

Thank you for caring! 💗

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back