What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had planned outside time today….but with the 6am thunder storm and downpour, that’s changed.
Need a few things at the grocery store, and find inside stuff to do.
We had rain this morning too. Actually, it turned out well as it was rainy and cool, but not actually raining when the dog and I were walking. :)

Feeling all virtuous today as the RSPCA are asking people to take some of the pets which have been discarded. They have quite a lot of gerbils and hamsters, which I could accommodate easily. I need to move my furniture around to make room for the new cages but it's still so hot and humid, I just haven't the energy.
There was a brief shower this morning, which helped to fill up the birdbath. We should get some more substantial rain tomorrow if the forecast is correct.

Feeling all virtuous today as the RSPCA are asking people to take some of the pets which have been discarded. They have quite a lot of gerbils and hamsters, which I could accommodate easily. I need to move my furniture around to make room for the new cages but it's still so hot and humid, I just haven't the energy.
There was a brief shower this morning, which helped to fill up the birdbath. We should get some more substantial rain tomorrow if the forecast is correct.
Bless you for your kindness toward these small creatures.

Well, not going to the dentist; I'm struggling with anxiety and just couldn't bring myself to it (actually the time is over as I had it scheduled for 0700). Last night I told husband about it, that I just didn't think I could make myself go and he, being the guy he is, told me not to worry about it, or any late cancel fees (which I was really concerned about) and called the dentist himself, explained and cancelled the appointment for me.

It was just a cleaning and I am fastidious about my teeth so it's not really going to affect me. And I can always go a bit later when I'm feeling more up to it.

As soon as my husband told me the appointment was cancelled I felt such a rush of relief, relaxed, took a hot shower and went to bed.

This morning I woke at 0415 and started having trouble around eh, 0630 or so. So, I took Lucius (our Boxer) out for an early walk and now he is hanging out with me until husband takes him at around 1030, which is when they would normally go for their morning walk and breakfast. -They stay up late together, my husband and the dog. lol They're buds. :)
My husband has re-claimed Lucius, brought him back upstairs and now I need a change of clothes and a shower. Boxers are kind of slimey. He can't help it and he makes up for it being adorable. Seriously, though... shower. 🚿

So got most of morning routine done = I walked the dog.

Load of clothing in the washer.
Lunch will be ham loaf & leftover veggie casserole.

If it stays cool & overcast,, I would like to start working on a strawberry bed for next year.
The one plant that we have is putting out shoots that are doing nicely.

I hope that transplanting them now it will give them time to put the roots in deeper .
Will mulch them heavily in the fall with sawdust.

Well we have a weird Phenomena here.. as I said earlier the predicted Thunderstorm never materialised... at 4pm.. it's now 7pm... but we have a rainbow... :eek:..had to look it up , and it said that tho' rare.. it can happen if raindrops materialised but never actually managed to get to the ground..

IMG-5665.jpg

Last edited:
Well we have a weird Phenomena here.. as I said earlier the predicted Thunderstorm never materialised... at 4pm.. it's now 7pm... but we have a rainbow... :eek:..had to look it up , and it said that tho' rare.. it can happen if raindrops materialised but never actually managed to get to the ground..
So still hot and steamy there, but nothing was watered from the sky? Bummer.

I had hamsters when I was a kid...they were so much fun! I would put my hamster in my shirt pocket and they would curl up and go to sleep...I carried them around with my all day! LOL

Depressed, angry, pissed off, crying... all at the same time. The devil has been hitting me hard this month. Don't know how much more bad news I can stand. My usual attempts at humor to blunt these feelings doesn't seem to be working.
I know the feeling. Nobody deserves all of the cr*p to pile on at one time! I hope it helps you to know that I care. F-9.jpg

Depressed, angry, pissed off, crying... all at the same time. The devil has been hitting me hard this month. Don't know how much more bad news I can stand. My usual attempts at humor to blunt these feelings doesn't seem to be working.
I am so sorry you are being pummelled like this. Sending love, hugs, prayers for strength. You are a vital part of sf, you are not alone. We are here for you. 🥰

Went out to lunch with my Prince Among Men (took us about three tries to find a restaurant open ). Finally settled in “the Kountry Kitchen” (mom-and -pop establishment) where we split a delicious tuna melt sandwich. Interesting mix of customers…. 2 lawyer-types by the window with power ties and wing-tipped shoes…. Doctors to our right (complete with hospital-issued scrubs) …. And construction workers behind us—work boots and sunburned heads.

Went out to lunch with my Prince Among Men (took us about three tries to find a restaurant open ). Finally settled in “the Kountry Kitchen” (mom-and -pop establishment) where we split a delicious tuna melt sandwich. Interesting mix of customers…. 2 lawyer-types by the window with power ties and wing-tipped shoes…. Doctors to our right (complete with hospital-issued scrubs) …. And construction workers behind us—work boots and sunburned heads.
Doctors wearing scrubs in a cafe ?... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back